Ed Peveto Memorial Crawfish Boil this Saturday!!!

Guys if you haven't been to one of these boils your really missing out, especially if your a sports nut. They auction off some incredible items, you have to see it to believe it, and it's all for a great cause. Come on out this Saturday starting around 2pm at the Jewel Cormier Park in Orangefield!!!

[quote name="Bobkat" post="805852" timestamp="1274898607"]
Guys if you haven't been to one of these boils your really missing out, especially if your a sports nut. They auction off some incredible items, you have to see it to believe it, and it's all for a great cause. Come on out this Saturday starting around 2pm at the Jewel Cormier Park in Orangefield!!!
[/quote]

Interesting. You would think that the Orangefield fans would be over in New Caney supporting their baseball team on Saturday. ;)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="805857" timestamp="1274898958"]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=70054.msg805852#msg805852 date=1274898607]
[/quote]

Interesting. You would think that the Orangefield fans would be over in New Caney supporting their baseball team on Saturday. ;)
[/quote]

They will be. We set this date a long time ago. Nothing we can do about it. Like Bokkat said the auction is pretty awesome. We will lose some people because of the baseball game and that is perfectly fine.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="805881" timestamp="1274901539"]
I also understand that the proceeds go for some pretty good causes.  You may want to talk about that as well.
[/quote]

We give two $6,000.00 scholarships. One for a boy student/athlete and one for a girl student/athlete. About every 2-3 years we go up on the scholarships. We also boil about 1500-2000 pounds of crawfish. 18 years ago we started with 500 pounds of crawfish and 1 $500.00 scholarship. We have a moon walk for the kids. The crawfish are free but we do except donations, you can spend money in the auction or spend no money at all. Little Dribblers will be selling drinks and snacks. We have a silent, cajun and highest bidder auction.

Sounds like great fun but already have plans.Is this park named after the same Cormier family w/oil related services,hardware,oil museum.Those and their employees are fine folks.It's been awhile,since the mid 80's since I sold them oil tools,pumping units/equipment and my father worked @ the Ace Hdwe.If my plans cancel I'd love to come and visit again.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="liltex" post="806080" timestamp="1274934853"]
Sounds like great fun but already have plans.Is this park named after the same Cormier family w/oil related services,hardware,oil museum.Those and their employees are fine folks.It's been awhile,since the mid 80's since I sold them oil tools,pumping units/equipment and my father worked @ the Ace Hdwe.If my plans cancel I'd love to come and visit again.
[/quote]

Yes, But now OSID owns it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami