PNG vs Friendswood...Wed, Fri, Sat

[quote name="9Doggies" post="805207" timestamp="1274732714"]
Got it on video. Scalp-em Indians.
[/quote]

What do you think you have on video partner? I was there. The noisemakers were the only issue, and you were very rude, but do not know what your complex is about??

Looking forward to a fun series, and without the drama of 9doggie I can assure you!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fwstangs" post="805631" timestamp="1274839796"]
[quote author=9Doggies link=topic=69949.msg805207#msg805207 date=1274732714]
Got it on video. Scalp-em Indians.
[/quote]

What do you think you have on video partner? I was there. The noisemakers were the only issue, and you were very rude, but do not know what your complex is about??

Looking forward to a fun series, and without the drama of 9doggie I can assure you!!
[/quote]9DOGGIES I also was at the game and saw the guy with the 3rd class sign :P...WOW...Go get em N.D.NS SCALP-EM BABY..Keep it going..

[quote name="9Doggies" post="805754" timestamp="1274883313"]
http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=55848.90    I give up. ::)
[/quote]

Nice Power ball video. So you want to dig up old stuff from one person. There was plenty of trash talk on both sides and plenty of fan behavior that embarrased both towns in the Nederland series. You do not want to go there. But this team is much different and does not have the attitude issues on the field or in the stands. As I expected - tonite was a very classy game between two classy teams, much different than the Nederland series.

Some of the comments the Nederland folks made on that thread last year are flat out wrong, but you can not fix stupid or prejudice.

Well played game tonite.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="806089" timestamp="1274937165"]
[quote author=9Doggies link=topic=69949.msg805754#msg805754 date=1274883313]
[/quote]

Nice Power ball video. So you want to dig up old stuff from one person. There was plenty of trash talk on both sides and plenty of fan behavior that embarrased both towns in the Nederland series. [glow=red,2,300]You do not want to go there[/glow]. But this team is much different and does not have the attitude issues on the field or in the stands. As I expected - tonite was a very classy game between two classy teams, much different than the Nederland series.

Some of the comments the Nederland folks made on that thread last year are flat out wrong, but you can not fix stupid or prejudice.

Well played game tonite.
[/quote]BLA .BLA.BLA....WHATEVER.. I WAS AT HOUSTON LAST YEAR TO SEE HOW IT WENT DOWN....WIN TWO IN A ROW N.D.Ns..GOOD LUCK P.N.G SCALP-EM

[quote name="BaseBow" post="806679" timestamp="1275042170"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=69949.msg806089#msg806089 date=1274937165]
[/quote]

Nice Power ball video. So you want to dig up old stuff from one person. There was plenty of trash talk on both sides and plenty of fan behavior that embarrased both towns in the Nederland series. [glow=red,2,300]You do not want to go there[/glow]. But this team is much different and does not have the attitude issues on the field or in the stands. As I expected - tonite was a very classy game between two classy teams, much different than the Nederland series.

Well played game tonite.
[/quote]BLA .BLA.BLA....WHATEVER.. I WAS AT HOUSTON LAST YEAR TO SEE HOW IT WENT DOWN....WIN TWO IN A ROW N.D.Ns..GOOD LUCK P.N.G SCALP-EM
[/quote]

Wow! Friendswood must have been really bad last year for Basebow to be rooting for the Indians. 

And "stupid or prejudice(d)"?  That sounds like a you are perpetuating the ugliness by tossing in a thinly veiled "redneck" jab.  That is the kind of attitude that let to the "Third Class" sign in the first place.  Now you're getting me riled-up.  I don't get it.  When I see the video and read the thread it seems like Friendswood clearly thinks an awful lot of itself.  Hard to see that coming from Clear Lake's ugly step-sister.

GO INDIANS! 

[quote name="fwstangs" post="806089" timestamp="1274937165"]
[/quote]

Nice Power ball video. So you want to dig up old stuff from one person. There was plenty of trash talk on both sides and plenty of fan behavior that embarrased both towns in the Nederland series. You do not want to go there. But this team is much different and does not have the attitude issues on the field or in the stands. As I expected - tonite was a very classy game between two classy teams, much different than the Nederland series.

Some of the comments the Nederland folks made on that thread last year are flat out wrong, but [color=crimson]you can not fix stupid or prejudice[/color].

Well played game tonite.
[/quote]
I am not sure if you are just leaning on platitudes here or if you are serious.  Last year, I made what I believe was my only other post ever on this message board during the Nederland vs. Friendswood series because I was stuned by Friendswood's behavior and the way other posters seemed to accept and justify it.  There clearly was passion and some venom in the posts generated by that series, but I never saw anything that could be deemed prejudiced; stupid, maybe, but prejudiced, no.  Looking back over the thread, I still can not identify a single post you could be referencing.  I saw no reference to race or religion.  The only post that I can identify that even references a minority player was mine wherein I said:

"As wrongheaded as that post is, it may just highlight the fundamental difference between our teams, our schools, and our communities.  In the GT, we do not believe it is okay to be disrespectful just because you can "back it up."  We teach the Teddy Roosevelt mantra:  speak softly and carry a big stick.  We don't teach our kids swing first, but we teach them to do their damnedest to swing last.  Sonnier's performance lastnight exemplified what we teach our kids.  When the Friendswood dugout taunted him after he was injured fouling a ball off his shin, he stepped quietly and confidently into the box and smashed the next pitch 374 feet off the rightfield wall to drive in the go-ahead run.  You can keep your chest pounders and your kiss blowers.  Sonnier is the kind of kid that makes us proud. 

Friendswood may be happy to raise a bunch of T.O.s, but here in the GT, we are looking to raise a bunch of Tom Bradys.

Fitzpatrick may be your hero, but judging by his actions lastnight, he could never be ours."

If you took that to have any racial undertones, you completely missed the point.  I could just have easily compared Jeremy Shocky and Tom Brady, or T.O. and Donovan McNabb.  I chose T.O. and Brady because they were both in the news at the time.

I'll finish by observing that your use of the term "classy" to describe the teams this year in response to a post of a Friendswood fan holding a sign indicating that Nederland was "Third Class" was either a very unfortunate oversight on your part, or further evidence that Friendswood does in fact believe it is in a class above Nederland.  As far as I am concerned, that attitude in and of itself assures us that it is not.

Good luck, Indians.

Keeper99, even more shocking than Basebow pulling for PNG - I am going to side with him!  Send the Devil a winter coat.

I just bought my first purple shirt and some Benadryl (I'm deathly allergic to purple), so I'll be ready for the weekend.  (Don't worry 8isgreat, I plan to wear a thick undershirt to keep it away from my skin).

GO Innnnnn......aauuugh, I can't get it out...so i'll just say - BEAT FRIENDSWOOD!

[quote name="welovebaseball" post="806903" timestamp="1275077150"]
Keeper99, even more shocking than Basebow pulling for PNG - I am going to side with him!  Send the Devil a winter coat.

I just bought my first purple shirt and some Benadryl (I'm deathly allergic to purple), so I'll be ready for the weekend.  (Don't worry 8isgreat, I plan to wear a thick undershirt to keep it away from my skin).

GO Innnnnn......aauuugh, I can't get it out...so i'll just say - BEAT FRIENDSWOOD!

[/quote]

LOL.  ;D
Barbers Hill pulling for the Indians. Good luck !

[quote name="Keeper99" post="806872" timestamp="1275071362"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=69949.msg806679#msg806679 date=1275042170]
[/quote]

Well played game tonite.
[/quote]

Wow! Friendswood must have been really bad last year for Basebow to be rooting for the Indians. 

And "stupid or prejudice(d)"?  That sounds like a you are perpetuating the ugliness by tossing in a thinly veiled "redneck" jab.  That is the kind of attitude that let to the "Third Class" sign in the first place.  Now you're getting me riled-up.  I don't get it.  When I see the video and read the thread it seems like Friendswood clearly thinks an awful lot of itself.  Hard to see that coming from Clear Lake's ugly step-sister.

GO INDIANS! 

Now you are really reaching - how on earth did you get thinly veiled redneck jab. May your skin is real thin and maybe you have something to be worried about. Does your wife chew tobacco? More class from the GT!!
[/quote]

[quote name="mnkyblud" post="806895" timestamp="1275075577"]
[/quote]

Some of the comments the Nederland folks made on that thread last year are flat out wrong, but [color=crimson]you can not fix stupid or prejudice[/color].

Well played game tonite.
[/quote]
I am not sure if you are just leaning on platitudes here or if you are serious.  Last year, I made what I believe was my only other post ever on this message board during the Nederland vs. Friendswood series because I was stuned by Friendswood's behavior and the way other posters seemed to accept and justify it.  There clearly was passion and some venom in the posts generated by that series, but I never saw anything that could be deemed prejudiced; stupid, maybe, but prejudiced, no.  Looking back over the thread, I still can not identify a single post you could be referencing.  I saw no reference to race or religion.  The only post that I can identify that even references a minority player was mine wherein I said:

"As wrongheaded as that post is, it may just highlight the fundamental difference between our teams, our schools, and our communities.  In the GT, we do not believe it is okay to be disrespectful just because you can "back it up."  We teach the Teddy Roosevelt mantra:  speak softly and carry a big stick.  We don't teach our kids swing first, but we teach them to do their damnedest to swing last.  Sonnier's performance lastnight exemplified what we teach our kids.  When the Friendswood dugout taunted him after he was injured fouling a ball off his shin, he stepped quietly and confidently into the box and smashed the next pitch 374 feet off the rightfield wall to drive in the go-ahead run.  You can keep your chest pounders and your kiss blowers.  Sonnier is the kind of kid that makes us proud. 

Friendswood may be happy to raise a bunch of T.O.s, but here in the GT, we are looking to raise a bunch of Tom Bradys.

Fitzpatrick may be your hero, but judging by his actions lastnight, he could never be ours."

If you took that to have any racial undertones, you completely missed the point.  I could just have easily compared Jeremy Shocky and Tom Brady, or T.O. and Donovan McNabb.  I chose T.O. and Brady because they were both in the news at the time.

I'll finish by observing that your use of the term "classy" to describe the teams this year in response to a post of a Friendswood fan holding a sign indicating that Nederland was "Third Class" was either a very unfortunate oversight on your part, or further evidence that Friendswood does in fact believe it is in a class above Nederland.  As far as I am concerned, that attitude in and of itself assures us that it is not. Get over yourself!! Class is class - stop hiding behind one clown holding a sign.

Good luck, Indians.
[/quote]

So in the FW vs Nederland team when your players called our black reciever the N word over and over again - that is class. But you did not hear that because they were carrying their big stick. So you really think prejudice is only about race or religion?? I rest my case. Go back and keep patting youself on the back for how great you are raising your kids. Believe me - I am teaching values much different than you seem to think we have in FW, but keep painting a whole town based on your observations of one kid and one sign - ps - that is call stereotyping and prejudice - perhaps you missed that in your diversity training - I did not. Have a good life and do not break your arm patting yourself on the back. That would not be real classy!!

You never heard me say a word justifying Fitz, and if you noticed there was only one person defending Fitz, lets just say we hope he enjoys NT and stays there. We can all come up with examples of things that upset us.  Now let me educate you about prejudice. Your wonderful fans made many many comments about FW acting like a bunch of rich kids, blah blah - you really think all those kids parents are rich - get a grip.

Looking forward to baseball tomorrow - because it is such a great game and can not be ruined by fans like this!! Have fun!

Wow, what a spewing of hate towards my friend fwstangs.  And, no one with the B@#$s to offer a simple congratulations to the Friendswood boys.  What a bunch of sore losers you folks are from PNG!  

And to monkeyblood, I just love it when people from a "community" like PNG try to preach about how they supposedly raise their kids to some higher standard.  I recall that higher standard being on display during football.  But, hey, whatever keeps you going, and it it helps you rationalize the fact that you are stuck living where you live, more power to you!  

Has anybody bothered to add up how PNG (heck the whole GT) fared against those rich, spoiled Friendswood kids this year (include all the academic, music, theater and art stucff).  I am guessing its been about Friendswood 30 and PNG ZERO!

Go Indians -- but it will have to be next year!   ;)

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="807446" timestamp="1275179897"]
Wow, what a spewing of hate towards my friend fwstangs.  And, no one with the B@#$s to offer a simple congratulations to the Friendswood boys.  What a bunch of sore losers you folks are from PNG!  

And to monkeyblood, I just love it when people from a "community" like PNG try to preach about how they supposedly raise their kids to some higher standard.  Yeah whatever keeps you  going.  If it helps you rationalize the fact that you are stuck living where you live, more power to you!  

Has anybody bothered to add up how PNG (heck the whole GT) fared against those rich, spoiled Friendswood kids this year (include all the academic, music, theater and art stucff).  I am guessing its been about Friendswood 30 and PNG ZERO!

[/quote]

Hey there, FriendswoodFan....nice to see ya finally come out.  Yeah, fwstang has been here throughout the whole series, carrying the banner for the Mustangs throughout the series (even after the 17-0 game last night).  Where have you been?

Out of town since yesterday for the holiday.  I was at the 1st and 2nd games, but I haven't posted on here as a kind of test.  fwstangs thinks my posts are unnecessarily provacative, but I say that they spice things up and that people ultimately enjoy all the fireworks.  Anyway, I decided to sit back and see if it heats up without me.  

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="807450" timestamp="1275180545"]
Out of town since yesterday for the holiday.  I was at the 1st and 2nd games, but I haven't posted on here as a kind of test.  fwstangs thinks my posts are unnecessarily provacative, but I say that they spice things up and that people ultimately enjoy all the fireworks.  Anyway, I decided to sit back and see if it heats up without me.  
[/quote]

Right.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="807446" timestamp="1275179897"]

And to monkeyblood, I just love it when people from a "community" like PNG try to preach about how they supposedly raise their kids to some higher standard.  I recall that higher standard being on display during football.  But, hey, whatever keeps you going, and it it helps you rationalize the fact that you are stuck living where you live, more power to you!  

[/quote]

The really ironic thing about your post and others I've seen is that you accuse us of having an issue with FW because your are "rich" and yet the only people on this site that have made any reference to FW being "rich" are FW people.  You FW folks are clearly obsessed with the idea that you are "rich."  The truth of the matter is that "rich" is relative.  It's really not a very good standard by which to measure yourself.  There are about 8 million families in the United States with a net worth of $1M or more.  If you had $1B, you would rank 937th among the wealthiest people in the world.  Unless you are Bill Gates, there is always someone richer than you. 

I grew-up in Clear Lake and my classmates generally looked down on most of the schools in the area, including yours, because they were not as "rich" as Clear Lake.  I guess that is another thing that strikes me here - I have never thought of FW as rich, but you guys clearly do.  Anyway, the funny thing about the attitude the CLHS students had is that none of the families in Clear Lake at that time was even really wealthy.  We were just wealthier than our opponents and we had a really warped sense of what that said about us.  In the end our relative wealth just made us act like jerks. 

We are not at odds with you because of wealth (if FW is wealthy); that is your obsession.  We are not at odds with you because of where you live.  We are at odds with you because you are obsessed with those things and you believe that they somehow make you and your community better than ours.  As hard as it is for you to believe, we really do not want to be you.  Like lots of other people here, I live in the GT by choice.  Our community is well grounded and I appreciate the kind of everyday values I've found here.  They certainly beat the warped values and sense of superiority that pervaded the community in which I grew-up.

I am happy to congratulate your kids.  They are obviously a very good team.

Yes, of course you're not obsessed with Friendswood.  You spend every Saturday night composing and posting several paragraphs about us becauese it's just a fun hobby.  You can quit anytime you want -- I understand.  ;D

Oh, and I believe you are from Clear Lake too!! ;D  ;)  And that you were once wealthy!  ;D  And, that you choose to live where you live because it's "grounded."

Actually, last year when Friendswood beat Central (football), there were quite a few comments on at least one thread where people were saying that one of the "rich daddies" must have bought off the officials.  So, I don't think it's Friendswood claiming to be "rich" on this site at all.

And having graduated from Friendswood in '86, I'm going to have to tell you that most of my classmates probably looked down on Clear Lake, too, lol.  I've never understood why kids get the big heads about having money...they haven't earned it, their parents did :).

I'm just happy my hometown and my current town's teams are both going to Regionals!!

[quote name="welovebaseball" post="807499" timestamp="1275185863"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=69949.msg807446#msg807446 date=1275179897]

[/quote]

Then you need to read a lot more posts and not just pop on here once in a while. FW has been stereotyped by Nederland, Beaumont, etc many many times and if you do not realize it, then you are not reading. We do not

The really ironic thing about your post and others I've seen is that you accuse us of having an issue with FW because your are "rich" and yet the only people on this site that have made any reference to FW being "rich" are FW people.  You FW folks are clearly obsessed with the idea that you are "rich."  The truth of the matter is that "rich" is relative.  It's really not a very good standard by which to measure yourself.  There are about 8 million families in the United States with a net worth of $1M or more.  If you had $1B, you would rank 937th among the wealthiest people in the world.  Unless you are Bill Gates, there is always someone richer than you. 

I grew-up in Clear Lake and my classmates generally looked down on most of the schools in the area, including yours, because they were not as "rich" as Clear Lake.  I guess that is another thing that strikes me here - I have never thought of FW as rich, but you guys clearly do.  Anyway, the funny thing about the attitude the CLHS students had is that none of the families in Clear Lake at that time was even really wealthy.  We were just wealthier than our opponents and we had a really warped sense of what that said about us.  In the end our relative wealth just made us act like jerks. 

We are not at odds with you because of wealth (if FW is wealthy); that is your obsession.  We are not at odds with you because of where you live.  We are at odds with you because you are obsessed with those things and you believe that they somehow make you and your community better than ours.  As hard as it is for you to believe, we really do not want to be you.  Like lots of other people here, I live in the GT by choice.  Our community is well grounded and I appreciate the kind of everyday values I've found here.  They certainly beat the warped values and sense of superiority that pervaded the community in which I grew-up.

I am happy to congratulate your kids.  They are obviously a very good team.

[/quote]

Then you need to read a lot more posts and not just pop on here once in a while. FW has been stereotyped by Nederland, Beaumont, etc many many times and if you do not realize it, then you are not reading. The rest of your post is just not worth reacting to. I moved to FW 25 years ago so my kids could go to a school/community  that challenged them athletically, academically and spiritually. They have made friends for life, have learned how to compete and how to be good human beings. Sound familiar to your desires, I thought so. So when some one on here puts another community down and says we are raising our kids right and you are not, both sides will react. We should all be ashamed about that. I apologize for taking the bait , and yes some of your GT folks did bait us with the rich kid comments, we did not bring that up maam. I know that all of these communties are filled with good folks trying to raise good kids, and we have the bad apples in every place to manage. Later!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder