Kirbyville vs. 20-4A

Guest Kvillecatz

Could Kirbyville win the district 20-4A title ?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Could Kirbyville win the district 20-4A title ?

• yes
    • no

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rykerx144" post="805050" timestamp="1274706183"]
Here we go again!  This is ridulous!  There is not a Kirbyville fan out there that believes or even thinks for a second that Kirbyville could compete in that district.  The person that started this does not even believe that and if he does he needs to be banned for life for being insane.  This is getting old.  People trust me, 99 percent of Kirbyville fans are descent, LOGICAL, NON ANNOYING, and less ARROGANT!! 

To the person who started this ridulous thread:

Im not sure if you started this to just start crap or if you really believe this.  I think I speak on behalf of 99 percent of Kirbyville fans that I speak of above, PLEASE STOP!!!! 

There is three or four of you guys that just wont quit! Your making this program look bad and you make descent fans scared to say anything (like me if yall havent noticed lately).  Im scared to give the program or any of the kids any compliments because Im scared im going to get the "typical Kirbyville fan" response.  If its your goal to make all of South East Texas hate the Wildcats then keep it up!  Your doing a heck of a job! 

[/quote]

Thanks for the post Ryker..Couldn't agree more with you..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, we should not skewer fans over having pride and confidence in their community's football team.  That pride on the part of some of the Kirbyville faithful is what I see happening here and to some extent that is what these message boards are about.   That is why SgtRey thinks West Brook will take down Katy, Soulja thinks Central will take down West Brook, why most of the Silsbee faithful believe they will repeat as 21-3A champs and West Orange-Stark faithful believe every year that it is the year they will make it 3 state football championships.

Sure, sometimes that pride is taken to what some may consider a bit out there.  But I am sure that the kids that read this swell with pride in thinking what members of their community feel about them.  Of course, this is the time for optimism as everyone is 0-0, all possibilities can be considered.

You can disagree with the view (as I do in this case), but please don't ever get on someone for having pride and confidence in the kids in their community.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="805584" timestamp="1274831446"]
Folks, we should not skewer fans over having pride and confidence in their community's football team.  That pride on the part of some of the Kirbyville faithful is what I see happening here and to some extent that is what these message boards are about.   [b]That is why SgtRey thinks West Brook will take down Katy, Soulja thinks Central will take down West Brook[/b], why most of the Silsbee faithful believe they will repeat as 21-3A champs and West Orange-Stark faithful believe every year that it is the year they will make it 3 state football championships.

Sure, sometimes that pride is taken to what some may consider a bit out there.  But I am sure that the kids that read this swell with pride in thinking what members of their community feel about them.  Of course, this is the time for optimism as everyone is 0-0, all possibilities can be considered.

You can disagree with the view (as I do in this case), but please don't ever get on someone for having pride and confidence in the kids in their community.
[/quote]
Sgt Rey talks to Cleo, Soulja talks to himself... :D :D

[quote name="SgtRey" post="805609" timestamp="1274837338"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=69946.msg805584#msg805584 date=1274831446]
Folks, we should not skewer fans over having pride and confidence in their community's football team.  That pride on the part of some of the Kirbyville faithful is what I see happening here and to some extent that is what these message boards are about.   [b]That is why SgtRey thinks West Brook will take down Katy, Soulja thinks Central will take down West Brook[/b], why most of the Silsbee faithful believe they will repeat as 21-3A champs and West Orange-Stark faithful believe every year that it is the year they will make it 3 state football championships.

[/quote]
[/quote]Wrong!  I talk to my alterego!  :D :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="805618" timestamp="1274838274"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=69946.msg805609#msg805609 date=1274837338]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=69946.msg805584#msg805584 date=1274831446]

[/quote]
[/quote]Wrong!  I talk to my alterego!   :D :D
[/quote]
I text Oprah!

Guest LR1969
WOSGrad...

I understand what you're trying to say and I will agree with you but I don't think this actually falls in that category. The scenarios you mention (even west brook upsetting Katy), although seemingly far-fetched, are still within the realm of possibility. I don't think KV winning 20-4A is. That's the difference. Pride is one thing but blind arrogance is annoying. Luv the Kats though and I wish them well.

BmtSoulja1...with you on that Ozen game. Will be there for that one myself.

[quote name="LR1969" post="805634" timestamp="1274840123"]
WOSGrad...

I understand what you're trying to say and I will agree with you but I don't think this actually falls in that category. The scenarios you mention (even west brook upsetting Katy), although seemingly far-fetched, are still within the realm of possibility. I don't think KV winning 20-4A is. That's the difference. Pride is one thing but blind arrogance is annoying. Luv the Kats though and I wish them well.

[b]BmtSoulja1...with you on that Ozen game. Will be there for that one myself.[/b]
[/quote]Wanna see this Ford Kid's 4.3 speed that they have been blabbering about... 8) 8)

Guest LR1969
Saw it a bunch last season. He's the real deal. He just has a heck of a schedule staring down at him (Vidor, WO-S, Bridge City). I hope his OL can find the stamina to protect him and open holes. He also seems like a nice, respectful young man. I wish him well.

Guest hardcore
Ford is a awesome player as well a very respectful  but what makes Kirbyville a special program is the teamwork that the young men displays on and off the field. One person cannot win games but takes a team unity to win games. ;)

Soulja, I tried to jokingly get my little cousin to move in with me for the upcoming season and wear the maroon and silver.  Told him we have a brand new stadium for him to run in.  Almost had him, lol.  On the real, he is a real good kid.  He is working hard.  Don't think Kirbyville would even finish in the top half of the district due to depth. 

[quote name="scooter!" post="805777" timestamp="1274886786"]
doesnt it seem like Kville is developing alot of potential D1 RBs lately?? Ford is like the 3rd or 4th one within 3 yrs
[/quote]

Offensively speaking, Alvarez is the real deal. He is definitely one of the best in this area at developing runnings backs and quarterbacks.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="805774" timestamp="1274886693"]
Soulja, I tried to jokingly get my little cousin to move in with me for the upcoming season and wear the maroon and silver.  Told him we have a brand new stadium for him to run in.  Almost had him, lol.  On the real, he is a real good kid.  He is working hard.  Don't think Kirbyville would even finish in the top half of the district due to depth. 
[/quote]What school is he going to?

Guest LR1969
[quote name="Big Ford" post="805774" timestamp="1274886693"]
[/quote]

Soulja would've filled you up with good Karma if you would've achieved that...ha...Also..as a writer I admit to being long-winded. That's just me but you nailed it Big Ford with just a few words..."Don't think Kirbyville would even finish in the top half of the district due to depth." That's what I was trying to say with my "book"...ha...

And, he (Ford) needs to go ahead and take the Aggie offer. It's already on the table. Aggie's are on the rise and he could follow in Bubba Bean's footsteps..ha

Seriously??? is this even a thread? For all the "K-ville" fans who think the kitty cats could win a district title against teams like lumberton, vidor, central, or any of the other 4a teams need to wake up and come into the real world. Kirbyville can't even finish their seasons off and take state like they were supposed to every year... and that was in 2a. You have to be insane to think they would have a legit chance at a district title.

Guest LR1969
[quote name="tha one nd only" post="805966" timestamp="1274918144"]
Seriously??? is this even a thread? For all the "K-ville" fans who think the kitty cats could win a district title against teams like lumberton, vidor, central, or any of the other 4a teams need to wake up and come into the real world. Kirbyville can't even finish their seasons off and take state like they were supposed to every year... and that was in 2a. You have to be insane to think they would have a legit chance at a district title.
[/quote]

Although I agree (obviously) with whether or not they could win district in 20-4A, I won't for a moment agree with the line about 'not being able to finish the season off'. KV proved itself worthy of the praise it has gotten. Although some may get crazy at times (crazy predictions), the Kats did pull off an incredible two year run. No team in 20-4A can lay claim to accomplishing (at their level) what KV did at its level.

[quote name="LR1969" post="805916" timestamp="1274905801"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=69946.msg805774#msg805774 date=1274886693]
[/quote]

Soulja would've filled you up with good Karma if you would've achieved that...ha...Also..as a writer I admit to being long-winded. That's just me but you nailed it Big Ford with just a few words..."Don't think Kirbyville would even finish in the top half of the district due to depth." That's what I was trying to say with my "book"...ha...

[b]And, he (Ford) needs to go ahead and take the Aggie offer. It's already on the table. Aggie's are on the rise and he could follow in Bubba Bean's footsteps..ha[/b][/quote]

I can't agree more on Ford taking the A&M offer.  It's there and they are VERY high on him.  If you ask me it will come down to Baylor and A&M but with Brile's offensive scheme I thin he will go torwards A&M.  Would be nice to see him in the Maroon and White following Bubba'a footsteps.

[quote name="LR1969" post="806008" timestamp="1274924940"]
[quote author=tha one nd only link=topic=69946.msg805966#msg805966 date=1274918144]
[/quote]

Although I agree (obviously) with whether or not they could win district in 20-4A, I won't for a moment agree with the line about 'not being able to finish the season off'. KV proved itself worthy of the praise it has gotten. Although some may get crazy at times (crazy predictions), the Kats did pull off an incredible two year run. No team in 20-4A can lay claim to accomplishing (at their level) what KV did at its level.
[/quote]

Well said LR!  No one in the are can lay claim to their success from the last 2 yrs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83