Mavs interested in LeBron

[quote name="Pirate Hoops" post="804005" timestamp="1274454950"]
It would have to be a sign and trade. Who would the Mavs give and who would the Cavs get? I don't see the Mavs giving up Dirk, but everyone else is expendable.  It sounds like a pipe dream...but Dirk/LeBron would be greatness.
[/quote]

i think they'd give up dirk.  i love dirk, but realistically, lebron would be a HUGE upgrade.  if you put lebron with dirk's supporting cast, they'd easily be favored to win a championship.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="804032" timestamp="1274461307"]
[quote author=Pirate Hoops link=topic=69905.msg804005#msg804005 date=1274454950]
It would have to be a sign and trade. Who would the Mavs give and who would the Cavs get? I don't see the Mavs giving up Dirk, but everyone else is expendable.  It sounds like a pipe dream...but Dirk/LeBron would be greatness.
[/quote]

i think they'd give up dirk.  i love dirk, but realistically, lebron would be a HUGE upgrade.  if you put lebron with dirk's supporting cast, they'd easily be favored to win a championship.
[/quote]not so fast my friend. Cleveland has a better supporting cast and we all know what happened the past 2 seasons. Dallas supporting cast is not nearly as good as Cleveland.

[quote name="scooter!" post="804173" timestamp="1274477914"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=69905.msg804032#msg804032 date=1274461307]
[quote author=Pirate Hoops link=topic=69905.msg804005#msg804005 date=1274454950]
[/quote]

[/quote]not so fast my friend. [b]Cleveland has a better supporting cast [/b] and we all know what happened the past 2 seasons. Dallas supporting cast is not nearly as good as Cleveland.
[/quote

not a chance.  back that up for me somehow... MAYBE before dallas got another proven scorer in Caron Butler and one of the best defensive centers in the league in Brendan Haywood, but not now.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="804332" timestamp="1274496356"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=69905.msg804173#msg804173 date=1274477914]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=69905.msg804032#msg804032 date=1274461307]
[/quote]

[/quote]not so fast my friend. [b]Cleveland has a better supporting cast [/b] and we all know what happened the past 2 seasons. Dallas supporting cast is not nearly as good as Cleveland.
[/quote

not a chance.  back that up for me somehow... MAYBE before dallas got another proven scorer in Caron Butler and one of the best defensive centers in the league in Brendan Haywood, but not now.
[/quote]i dont know man, i dont think LeBron would get a title in Dallas.

i saw an espn analyst, i don't remember which one, who said the mavs have enough parts to trade for him without giving up dirk.  if cleveland is faced with losing bron bron anyway, dallas would be a good option to trade with, as they could probably get 3 really solid young players in return to start their rebuilding.  dirk and lebron and kidd plus a good defensive center would be a lot like the celtics team that won a championship a couple of years back, with the difference being that i'd give dirk a slight not over any of the boston 3 party, and lebron a HUGE nod over any of the 3.  even if they did trade dirk for him, simply pairing lebron with a hall of fame point guard would be a step up from what he has in cleveland, plus if they did trade dirk, they're going to get to keep haywood and maybe butler or terry.  i'm definitely curious to see what happens. 

[quote name="baddog" post="804506" timestamp="1274555601"]
If Lebron becomes a free agent, no trade is needed. I wish he would give Houston a look. There is a fine young team down here. If Yao gets healthy.....look out!!

He'll probably end up as a Laker anyway.  ;D
[/quote]

i think the reason a trade would be needed is because based on NBA rules, Cleveland can pay him more money than any other team.  If he put them in a sign and trade me or lose me anyway situation, they'd arrange a trade, and then sign him for the max contract before they traded him.

[quote]If Lebron becomes a free agent, no trade is needed. I wish he would give Houston a look. There is a fine young team down here. If Yao gets healthy.....look out!!

He'll probably end up as a Laker anyway.  Grin[/quote]

What would Yao getting healthy do?? He isnt that great of a player, just tall. He is slow as ever and doesnt have the greatest jumping ability

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="807405" timestamp="1275176408"]
[quote]If Lebron becomes a free agent, no trade is needed. I wish he would give Houston a look. There is a fine young team down here. If Yao gets healthy.....look out!!

What would Yao getting healthy do?? He isnt that great of a player, just tall. He is slow as ever and doesnt have the greatest jumping ability
[/quote]Yao is always injured

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="807405" timestamp="1275176408"]

[/quote]

How high do you need to jump when you are 6 inches taller than anyone else on the floor?  I am thinking Gasol is not much of a jumper either nor is Kendrick Perkins.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01