Silsbee 13 HF 7 Final/Comments

SilsbeeD

McCarter got the ball a couple of times. Fumbled once I think, but recovered it himself. I like the way Elam runs the ball also. He and Calhoun would make a good pair in the backfield. I'd like to see what Calhoun could do on the right side behind White and Jones.

Silsbee does have some weaknesses, but its not our pass defense, and WOS is primarily a passing team. If it does rain Friday night it will definitely be in Silsbees favor. I think it was raining during the game in 1998 when Silsbee won.

Rain or not it's going to be a lot closer than most people expect. :wink:

Silsbee does have some weaknesses' date=' but its not our pass defense, and WOS is primarily a passing team. If it does rain Friday night it will definitely be in Silsbees favor. I think it was raining during the game in 1998 when Silsbee won.

Rain or not it's going to be a lot closer than most people expect. :wink:[/quote']

It was raining when Silsbee won the playoff game, but it was raining even worse when the Mustangs and Tigers played earlier that season. Also, WO-S has a balanced offense.

Silsbee does have some weaknesses, but its not our pass defense, and WOS is primarily a passing team.

WO-S offense:

Rushing: 1077

Passing: 1107

We have exactly 30 more passing yards than rushing yards. I'd call that pretty balanced. Silsbee appears to be exceptionally one-dimensional, and our run D is not a weakness, either.

The veer is a run defense killing machine. IF it is ran properly, saying that there are actually pitches, options and dives mixed in then ALL defensive players are forced to react the SAME way. This is what makes the veer offective. IF ran right game is close because of time usage. IF not, which in Silsbee's case is most likely, you guys will probably light up Harper and force him to pitch it out of fear. (hopefully) We have three good backs, power with speed mixed amongst them. They just need the ball. But, man what a balanced offense you guys carry.

Should be smash mouth football. Can you keep up?? :D:D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23