Orangefield Bobcats 2010 21-3A District Champs!!

Congrats to the 2010 Orangefield Bobcats!! You said at the meet the Bobcats when we had the 1990 team there that they set the standard for Orangefield Baseball and that this group was going to do their best to live up to that. Well so far they have and it's been a great ride! Now on to the playoffs. This group can do something very special and we will all be there backing you guys all the way!!!

Guest GCMPats
Congrats to Jace, Jacob and the rest of the Orangefield Bobcat Baseball team!
Don't be satisfied! Go get that ring!

[quote name="injun" post="796614" timestamp="1272694304"]
Never mind the question.. I reserched..the answer is Cameron Yoe and Lumberton
are the only two teams to pin a L on Orangefield this year...
[/quote]
lumberton beat orangefield? lumberton's pitcher must have thrown a heck of a game

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="796649" timestamp="1272722310"]
[quote author=injun link=topic=69288.msg796614#msg796614 date=1272694304]
Never mind the question.. I reserched..the answer is Cameron Yoe and Lumberton
are the only two teams to pin a L on Orangefield this year...
[/quote]
lumberton beat orangefield? lumberton's pitcher must have thrown a heck of a game
[/quote]Not sure who pitched or what the score was...

Orangefield is as solid of a 3A team that I've seen in awhile. They have really stepped up their game from last year on the defensive side, the Huckaby kid and Evans at SS imo is a big reason. Everyone in the Bobcats batting order will put the ball in play, no easy outs.

Statum and Angelle are two solid starters, if their No.3 can be effective as these two, might be a long run.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="796845" timestamp="1272764692"]
Orangefield is as solid of a 3A team that I've seen in awhile. They have really stepped up their game from last year on the defensive side, the Huckaby kid and Evans at SS imo is a big reason. Everyone in the Bobcats batting order will put the ball in play, no easy outs.

Statum and Angelle are two solid starters, if their No.3 can be effective as these two, might be a long run.
[/quote]

I agree, Evans looked good at SS and so did DeRamus at second. This team has the potential to do some great things in the post season.  I see OF and BC meeting up again. It is a shame because both teams are state tournament teams.  But only one will make it.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="796858" timestamp="1272766634"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=69288.msg796845#msg796845 date=1272764692]

[/quote]

I agree, Evans looked good at SS and so did DeRamus at second. This team has the potential to do some great things in the post season.  I see OF and BC meeting up again. It is a shame because both teams are state tournament teams.  But only one will make it.
[/quote]Don't look past Jasper..Which ever side of the bracket they are in BC or OF
will probably have to play them to get to see each other again...

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="injun" post="796883" timestamp="1272771578"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69288.msg796858#msg796858 date=1272766634]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=69288.msg796845#msg796845 date=1272764692]

[/quote]

[/quote]Don't look past Jasper..Which ever side of the bracket they are in BC or OF
[/quote]

I agree,  some of the best baseball in the state of Texas comes from southeast Texas.

[quote name="injun" post="796883" timestamp="1272771578"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69288.msg796858#msg796858 date=1272766634]

Statum and Angelle are two solid starters, if their No.3 can be effective as these two, might be a long run.t
[/quote]

I agree, Evans looked good at SS and so did DeRamus at second. This team has the potential to do some great things in the post season.  I see OF and BC meeting up again. It is a shame because both teams are  state tournament teams.  But only one will make it.   
[/quote]

I think Bridge City realizes with 4 sophomores and a Freshman closer, to compete with Orangefield for 8 innings will boost their confidence in the playoffs down the road. IMO , Jasper is playing the best ball at the moment, they are in the top bracket with BC.

Orangefield has the experience to get by Robinson, Carthage or Bullard who are in the bottom side of bracket. 

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="796902" timestamp="1272775405"]
[quote author=injun link=topic=69288.msg796883#msg796883 date=1272771578]

Statum and Angelle are two solid starters, if their No.3 can be effective as these two, might be a long run.t
[/quote]

I agree, Evans looked good at SS and so did DeRamus at second. This team has the potential to do some great things in the post season.  I see OF and BC meeting up again. It is a shame because both teams are  state tournament teams.  But only one will make it.   
[/quote]

I think Bridge City realizes with 4 sophomores and a Freshman closer, to compete with Orangefield for 8 innings will boost their confidence in the playoffs down the road. IMO , Jasper is playing the best ball at the moment, they are in the top bracket with BC.

Orangefield has the experience to get by Robinson, Carthage or Bullard who are in the bottom side of bracket. 
[/quote]

well just saying they managed better against Orangefield with all of the sophomores and a freshmen

[quote name="Jeff Stringer" post="796890" timestamp="1272772624"]
Don't count out the #1 team in the state in Robinson. Probably Orangefield's third round opponent.

[/quote]Your right about that.. You really better not look past "anyone" when you get to this point

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="796845" timestamp="1272764692"]

[/quote]

They're good, but I don't see them in Austin.  Too many good teams in region 3, and they don't have the pitching to make it.

Carthage, Jasper, Waco Robinson, Cameron Yoe, B.C, will all be waiting on them.

We'll find out how good they are this week when they face Cuero.  If Arndt pitches, they may not get a hit.

Tejas did you know that Cameron Yoe did not even make the playoffs? You are right we will see against Cuero but please don't come onthe this post where so far everyone has been positive amd try to stir up stuff. Orangefield and Bridge City are two fine baseball teams and the list you put are also good but let O'field have their day.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Tejas" post="796931" timestamp="1272804716"]

[/quote]

They're good, but I don't see them in Austin.  Too many good teams in region 3, and they don't have the pitching to make it.

Carthage, Jasper, Waco Robinson, Cameron Yoe, B.C, will all be waiting on them.

We'll find out how good they are this week when they face Cuero.  If Arndt pitches, they may not get a hit.
[/quote]

Orangefield has at least 4 quality pitchers. Felts pitched a lot last year and Evans has logged some quality innings.  Both of those guy can pitch but have not had to this year which means they are well rested and will be ready when called upon. Statum has not pitched the innings he pitched last year due to the emergence of Angelle. I would say their pitching is pretty good. I would say they have more depth in pitchers than they have had in a long time. Even more than the 1990 team that did make it to state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83