*Spring Football Discussion Thread*

PN-G Spring Football Schedule for April and May

http://football--varsity.png.high.schoolfusion.us/modules/locker/files/get_group_file.phtml?fid=6487395&gid=1021261&sessionid=a4f296d89b42bc4d6da73aabbfd78e54/

http://football--varsity.png.high.schoolfusion.us/modules/locker/files/get_group_file.phtml?fid=6487412&gid=1021261&sessionid=a4f296d89b42bc4d6da73aabbfd78e54/

[quote name="westend1" post="792706" timestamp="1271820618"]
I saw Brook on the practice field today and those boys look BIG.
[/quote]

When dont they look big..LOL..
But im Off todaii so im headed over to central to see what we have going for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Went to my 1st Central Spring practice, Speed will definatly be a stength ecspecialy on Defense..
Todaii Defense Really shut the O down...D-line and Secondary will also be strengths for this team..With Experience on both Positions...
Offense of Line (Bigger across then usual) and Running backs (Some good Young Guns) will be the strenghts for O..Need more play from the Recivers and Linbackers though

In the Mini Scrimmage todaii Defense really just Outplayed and Out manned the Offense. Speed all over the D, But offense finnaly got a Couple of good plays from Heard, and some penalty yards and end up scoreing at the end, in the mini scrimmage..

I really like the intensity and agressive play though I saw out their..

Spring Game is Next week i think, Im not to sure, but I think its next Thursday or Friday.

[quote name="D3zii" post="799298" timestamp="1273283550"]
Went to my 1st Central Spring practice, Speed will definatly be a stength ecspecialy on Defense..
Todaii Defense Really shut the O down...D-line and Secondary will also be strengths for this team..With Experience on both Positions...
Offense of Line (Bigger across then usual) and Running backs (Some good Young Guns) will be the strenghts for O..Need more play from the Recivers and Linbackers though

In the Mini Scrimmage todaii Defense really just Outplayed and Out manned the Offense. Speed all over the D, But offense finnaly got a Couple of good plays from Heard, and some penalty yards and end up scoreing at the end, in the mini scrimmage..

I really like the intensity and agressive play though I saw out their..

Spring Game is Next week i think, Im not to sure, but I think its next Thursday or Friday.
[/quote]

who's the qb?

They had two, QB's getting Reps..Well actualy 3..

They had the QB who got in at the End of Friendswood, and threw the Two TD's..Robert Mitchell

The QB from the JV Team, Who also is WR this year Keonis Brazier

And the QB who started of the Ozen Game,, But Also plays WR/CB Lawrence Malveauxe

So Idk who coach will pick, Couldent rlly tell who was the better QB, Defense had to much pressure on all three..

I went to check out Baytown Lee today.

They had a controlled scrimmage.  I was there for about 90 minutes. 
It's hard to really tell much, because I don't really know who was who out there.
Ruben was starting at QB.  Zellars was running second string at qb.  Zellars performed better.  Ruben threw two picks at least, maybe three.  Zellars is a much better runner and is a better decision maker.  Ruben has the stronger arm. 
It was EXTREMELY windy out there, so the passing game was suspect.  #6 on the defense, not sure who that is, had two interceptions.  He also played receiver some and did well there.
Keith Johnson looked pretty good at running back.
The defense looked better than I suspected they would.  They have a lot of young kids in the secondary.  #6 and #2 both played well.  #2 is the backup running back and did well there too.  I believe his name is Franklin and he will be a sophomore next year. 

A lot of guys are going to have to play both ways I think.
I did not see Jaevon Richardson out there which scares me a little bit.
I have heard that Nathaneil Scott and Jeffrey Patton have both moved, so that's two down...if Richardson moves it will be a HUGE blow as he's ranked in the top 25 in the state for class of 2012 players.

I am pretty excited about the prospects.  They have some nice athletes to choose from for the skill positions.  The linebacking crew will be thin as well as both lines.

I went to Ozen's and WB scrimages and talk to coach Washington about how his kids looked in their spring game. There will be some good football at the new stadium this fall. As a side note I took a tour of the new stadium yesterday. The turf and lights will be installed next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124