Carroll Butch Thomas Stadium

Just a simple poll HS Football fans--Is the Stadium name   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Just a simple poll HS Football fans--Is the Stadium name

• A good idea
    • A bad idea

[quote name="WBbear" post="791792" timestamp="1271626287"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=68681.msg791780#msg791780 date=1271624396]
[quote author=WBbear link=topic=68681.msg791747#msg791747 date=1271614143]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=68681.msg791729#msg791729 date=1271605667]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=68681.msg791698#msg791698 date=1271599436]
How about selling the naming rights and using the money for the athletic program?
[/quote]

would've been a good way to pay for that million dollar scoreboard...
[/quote]scoreboard has already been paid for by private dollars
[/quote]You're pretty high up in BISD.....what do you think about the new stadium name?
[/quote]I have no problem with it. He has really provided great leadership. Of course i have a ringside seat and have all the facts.
[/quote]Really? Since you have all the facts, why dont you share them with us? I'm just pissed that we, as taxpayers, weren't given an opportunity to cast a vote for ourselves. I think it shows incredibly bad taste on the part of the BISD boardmembers to so cowardly pass this vote. All it did was stroke this man's own ego. I guess our only recourse is to vote this board out come 2012. It s time for some change around BISD. ANd it should start by changing the name of the stadium. That stadium name is like spit in my eye!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WBbear" post="791792" timestamp="1271626287"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=68681.msg791780#msg791780 date=1271624396]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=68681.msg791729#msg791729 date=1271605667]
How about selling the naming rights and using the money for the athletic program?
[/quote]

[/quote]You're pretty high up in BISD.....what do you think about the new stadium name?
[/quote]I have no problem with it. He has really provided great leadership. Of course i have a ringside seat and have all the facts.
[/quote]

::)

Yeah, I bet you do!  Are you taking some kickbacks from this clown, in return for being one of the few dozen in Beaumont that acutally support this fraud.

[quote name="Tejas" post="793465" timestamp="1271953083"]
[quote author=WBbear link=topic=68681.msg791792#msg791792 date=1271626287]
[/quote]

[/quote]

::)

Yeah, I bet you do!  Are you taking some kickbacks from this clown, in return for being one of the few dozen in Beaumont that acutally support this fraud.
[/quote]

Dont pick on WBbear.  He's pretty consistent on being a class act.  I accept his knowledge and opinion about what goes on the inside.  I'll still say, the insiders would have much better support if they listened to the many on the outside.  Thats the issue here----BISD has not shown respect for its constituency, which happens to be its tax-base and voting base.  Future bonds and issues will get very little support under the current board of directors.  The speed of this decision supports the statement that the outside public is their enemy. 

Carroll Thomas Stadium what a joke, someone tell me what he has done for bisd football, ok so he raised taxes and lined his pockets with  money from the contractors and got us a new stadium built. what a joke--- sfa-85 I have been here since 1959 and I will tell you this west end wanda knows for a fact the stadium should have been named after Willie Ray Smith Sr.----- 251 wins @ Charlton-Pollard and 2 state champions, and if not him, then what about Alex Durley ----76-7-2 @ Hebert High School and a state championship- 1st year at Westbrook a 5-A state title in 1982, and sadly passed away in 1984. Tell me sfa-85 how many football games has carroll thomas won for bisd.

[quote name="tracker1012" post="793551" timestamp="1271963270"]
Carroll Thomas Stadium what a joke, someone tell me what he has done for bisd football, ok so he raised taxes and lined his pockets with  money from the contractors and got us a new stadium built. what a joke--- sfa-85 I have been here since 1959 and I will tell you this west end wanda knows for a fact the stadium should have been named after Willie Ray Smith Sr.----- 251 wins @ Charlton-Pollard and 2 state champions, and if not him, then what about Alex Durley ----76-7-2 @ Hebert High School and a state championship- 1st year at Westbrook a 5-A state title in 1982, and sadly passed away in 1984. Tell me sfa-85 how many football games has carroll thomas won for bisd.
[/quote]

None.  Zarharius, Ozen, WRS, and Durley have their names on buildings/awards.  Now how many buildings have these greats built?  Zero.  If it wouldn't be for CBT bringing bond issues up, we would have the same raggedy buildings, and portables @all campuses........

[quote name="SFA85" post="793570" timestamp="1271966233"]
[quote author=tracker1012 link=topic=68681.msg793551#msg793551 date=1271963270]
[/quote]

None.  Zarharius, Ozen, WRS, and Durley have their names on buildings/awards.  Now how many buildings have these greats built?  Zero.  If it wouldn't be for CBT bringing bond issues up, we would have the same raggedy buildings, and portables @all campuses........
[/quote]

How many buildings has Thomas built?  NONE!  Anyone who brings a bond for the community to vote on, lying in the community and telling half truths about his true intentions could get a bond passed.  Carroll Thomas is nothing more than a David Moore.

WB Bear, since you are on the inside, are you familiar with Thomas giving a contract to one of his buddies to do all the electrical work for one of the new schools for around $1.2 million?  If your not learn about it.  Several electrical contractors in the area, including myself bid on the job, which is about a $400,000 job (just for the electrical work), and he gives it to one of his buddies (one of the only black electricians in the area) for $1.2 million.  Nothing wrong with that is there, heck, its tax payers money anyway.  Besides his inflated salary, and bonuses, no telling how much money he gets on the side.

[quote name="Tejas" post="793581" timestamp="1271967241"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=68681.msg793570#msg793570 date=1271966233]
[quote author=tracker1012 link=topic=68681.msg793551#msg793551 date=1271963270]
[/quote]

[/quote]

How many buildings has Thomas built?  NONE!  Anyone who brings a bond for the community to vote on, lying in the community and telling half truths about his true intentions could get a bond passed.  Carroll Thomas is nothing more than a David Moore.

WB Bear, since you are on the inside, are you familiar with Thomas giving a contract to one of his buddies to do all the electrical work for one of the new schools for around $1.2 million?  If your not learn about it.  Several electrical contractors in the area, including myself bid on the job, which is about a $400,000 job (just for the electrical work), and he gives it to one of his buddies (one of the only black electricians in the area) for $1.2 million.  Nothing wrong with that is there, heck, its tax payers money anyway.  Besides his inflated salary, and bonuses, no telling how much money he gets on the side.
[/quote]
What school was that?

I know who they are....but if this is true Dr Thomas and Walker [b]may be [/b] looking at something very serious....conspiracy, conspiracy to committ fraud, fraud, conspiracy to committ purgery, purgery, conduct on becoming, conspiracy to committ misappropriation of goverment funds.....not good....any media guys know about this?

[quote name="outanup" post="793710" timestamp="1271983715"]
If Im not mistaken, Walkers Master license was in jeopardy.
[/quote]You are correct. The state pulled his master license shortly after all this went down. Because he obtained it by lying about his work history and the supposed hours of experience he had obtained. But I heard through the grapevine the other day, that the state had re-issued him his license back. Go figure! It seems that the guys that are honest and try to do things the right way, always seem to finish last.....and the cheaters come out on top! Kinda parallels the BISD administration, dont you think?

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="793723" timestamp="1271985207"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=68681.msg793710#msg793710 date=1271983715]
[/quote]You are correct. The state pulled his master license shortly after all this went down. Because he obtained it by lying about his work history and the supposed hours of experience he had obtained. But I heard through the grapevine the other day, that the state had re-issued him his license back. Go figure! It seems that the guys that are honest and try to do things the right way, always seem to finish last.....and the cheaters come out on top! Kinda parallels the BISD administration, dont you think?
[/quote]
That's BS....I'm still in shock.... :o :o :o

Sounds about right, saw one of his line trucks at AllPHASE picking up material. I guess he is back in business. I have seen his work firsthand but, i will take the highroad and refrain from further comment. I will say this, hes connected and seems to be bulletproof.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="794396" timestamp="1272123550"]
I think it should have been named "The Bubba Smith Educational Support Facility for the Advancement of Academically Challenged Athletes and Musicians".  ;D
[/quote]
Leave it to someone from Dumber-ton

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="794678" timestamp="1272225433"]
None of this shady BISD business with the electrical contract(if it is true ;)) surprises me at all. ::)

And SFA85 wants equal opportunity. ::)
[/quote]
Well it's a surprise to me....some of us still believe in the whole Constitution, "For the People....", etc.... I don't get it......I mean I guess I can show up tomorrow...and decide to be the superintendent and name the next building after me and there isn't a damm thing anyone can do about it...."It's who you elected in office"...what ever, if he's jacking it up...then he needs to be fired... the work for education is done in the trenches...ok he got us the bond....it's here! now he needs to go....this way we can get our district admin back to respectable. 

[quote name="SgtRey" post="794743" timestamp="1272246378"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=68681.msg794678#msg794678 date=1272225433]
None of this shady BISD business with the electrical contract(if it is true ;)) surprises me at all. ::)

And SFA85 wants equal opportunity. ::)
[/quote]
Well it's a surprise to me....some of us still believe in the whole Constitution, "For the People....", etc.... I don't get it......I mean I guess I can show up tomorrow...and decide to be the superintendent and name the next building after me and there isn't a damm thing anyone can do about it...."It's who you elected in office"...what ever, if he's jacking it up...then he needs to be fired... the work for education is done in the trenches...ok he got us the bond....it's here! now he needs to go....this way we can get our district admin back to respectable. 
[/quote]

Great Post, Sarge. 100% agree!!

[quote name="SFA85" post="790995" timestamp="1271429021"]
Congrats CBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

As much as you are on his jock, maybe you can convince PAISD to name their new stadium after him.  After all he's done so much for SE Texas education....  LMAO.

CBT is nothing more than a self loathing, cocky, overpaid POS.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="793723" timestamp="1271985207"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=68681.msg793710#msg793710 date=1271983715]
[/quote]You are correct. The state pulled his master license shortly after all this went down. Because he obtained it by lying about his work history and the supposed hours of experience he had obtained. But I heard through the grapevine the other day, that the state had re-issued him his license back. Go figure! It seems that [b]the guys that are honest and try to do things the right way, always seem to finish last[/b].....and the cheaters come out on top! Kinda parallels the BISD administration, dont you think?
[/quote]

got that right!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics