21-3A all-district

[font=Courier][b]MVP:[/b]  DC Stallworth, Silsbee, Jr.
[b]Offensive MVP:[/b]  Nate McAnelly, Bridge City, Sr.
[b]Defensive MVP:[/b]  Avory Thomas, Silsbee, Sr.
[b]Newcomer of the Year:[/b]  Caleb Broussard, Hamshire-Fannett, Soph
[b]Coach of the Year:[/b]  Travis Williams, Silsbee

[u][b]1st Team[/b][/u]
Jacoby Turner, Hardin-Jefferson, Sr.
Prentice Lane, Silsbee, Jr.
Kendrick Jones, Silsbee, Sr.
Zach Hayes, Orangefield, Sr.
Darius Davis, West Orange-Stark, Sr.
Grayson Sutherland, Hardin-Jefferson, Jr.
Jakeenan Cotton, West Orange-Stark, Sr.

[u][b]2nd Team[/b][/u]
Garrett Gustafson, Hardin-Jefferson, Jr.
Phillip Ricossa, Hardin-Jefferson, Sr.
Kendrick Budwine, West Orange-Stark, Sr.
Garett Granger, Orangefield, Sr.
Tanner Girouard, Bridge City, Sr.
Jarron Brown, Hamshire-Fannett, Jr.
Pheal Hill, Silsbee, Sr.[/font]

Cogratulations everyone.  Way to go DC.  You are truly fun to watch and most deserving.  Continue to work hard and th sky is the limit.  I am looking forward to watching you and Prentice lead this team next year.  And a special congratulations to Avory Thomas.  You improved tremendously from last year to this year.  Your defense gave opponents nightmares when it came time for them to go to the rim. You,  Pheal, and Sweet will be missed by all of us fans and your teammates.  You and Pheal are the only seniors from Silsbee to reach Austin twice...a great accomplishment.  AAW I would tend to agree with Prudhomme and I would think Kelton Gaines shouldn't be too far behind.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="777491" timestamp="1268706980"]
I too also believe that Avory getting defensive POY is dead on. He ended the season with 200 block shots, school record.
[/quote]

I remember before the season everyone was predicting the best big man in the district to be between Ricossa and Davis.  I know Phillip had a hard time with his knees but Avory went out and had a huge year that not many were expecting from him.  He held his own offensively and did great on the boards.  The blocks speak for themselves especially staying out of foul trouble almost every game.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="777485" timestamp="1268706175"]
Good picks.

Only change I would make is having HJ's Shawn Prudhomme the Newcomer of the Year.

Congrats to all these players and particularly to D.C. Stallworth, an MVP that's well deserved.
[/quote]

I agree...........Prudhomme should have been Newcomer........everything else looks good!!!  Congrats to all of the winners!!!

[quote name="ST413" post="777489" timestamp="1268706831"]
Cogratulations everyone.  Way to go DC.  You are truly fun to watch and most deserving.  Continue to work hard and th sky is the limit.  I am looking forward to watching you and Prentice lead this team next year.  And a special congratulations to Avory Thomas.  You improved tremendously from last year to this year.  Your defense gave opponents nightmares when it came time for them to go to the rim. You,  Pheal, and Sweet will be missed by all of us fans and your teammates.  You and Pheal are the only seniors from Silsbee to reach Austin twice...a great accomplishment.  AAW I would tend to agree with Prudhomme and I would think Kelton Gaines shouldn't be too far behind.
[/quote]

Let me add DC and Prentice you have a chance to one up Avory and Pheal by getting back to Austin next year making it 3 times with one state title. ;) ;D

I didn't realize until the first Silsbee/HJ game how good a player DC Stallworth is.He is the real deal and a huge head start for next years Tigers.The vote between Avory and Jacolby had to a close one,two different kind of defenders and both very deserving.Turner is as quick as any defender I've seen in this area.

[quote name="whsalum" post="777533" timestamp="1268712110"]
I didn't realize until the first Silsbee/HJ game how good a player DC Stallworth is.He is the real deal and a huge head start for next years Tigers.The vote between Avory and Jacolby had to a close one,two different kind of defenders and both very deserving.Turner is as quick as any defender I've seen in this area.
[/quote]

Yes he is.  We Tiger fans won't miss him  ;),  but Hj fans sure will.  He was fun to watch even though he may have given me high blood pressure from time to time. :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="777485" timestamp="1268706175"]
Good picks.

Only change I would make is having HJ's Shawn Prudhomme the Newcomer of the Year.

Congrats to all these players and particularly to D.C. Stallworth, an MVP that's well deserved.
[/quote]Anything to take away some thunder from the HF program...sheez!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01