Spurger vs Cayuga State Semi-Final Broadcast Thread/CAYUGA ADVANCES, 82-48

[quote name="6thman" post="775517" timestamp="1268341001"]
Congrats Spurger Pirates on a great season. I refuse to eat any CROW, this team was an outstanding team. We refuse to make any excuses!! We will hold our heads up high and be proud of our accomplishments this year. We will return next year as well!!!!!

Congrats Coach Isaacs and the Spurger Pirates.
[/quote]

The Spurger fans and the Spurger Pirates basketball team will never eat crow!!  This group of young men and the coaches did an outstanding job representing Spurger High School and the town of Spurger.  We all are VERY PROUD of what you have accomplished.......keep up the good work and we will see you again next year in Austin!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="texaslady" post="775664" timestamp="1268345817"]
[quote author=6thman link=topic=67190.msg775517#msg775517 date=1268341001]
Congrats Spurger Pirates on a great season. I refuse to eat any CROW, this team was an outstanding team. We refuse to make any excuses!! We will hold our heads up high and be proud of our accomplishments this year. We will return next year as well!!!!!

Congrats Coach Isaacs and the Spurger Pirates.
[/quote]

The Spurger fans and the Spurger Pirates basketball team will never eat crow!!  This group of young men and the coaches did an outstanding job representing Spurger High School and the town of Spurger.  We all are VERY PROUD of what you have accomplished.......keep up the good work and we will see you again next year in Austin!
[/quote]This team has caused upset many times by beating teams that  others said we had "no chance" to beat....And heart does produce great athletes!  We are proud of them and know they will continue to work and prove that heart and hard work will get them farther every year until they bring home that state championship!  Go Pirates!!!!!!! We love you and are so proud of you!

A HUGE congratulations on your season from the folks in Warren.The loss will sting for awhile but when you have time to reflect you will realize what a special season you have had.I have had the opportunity to watch Daniel Blankenship play over there for as long as I can remember and he is a model of what you want a player to be.The Pirates have a great young coach and the cupboard is far from bare,we will hear a lot more from this bunch next year.Congrat guys,you were a lot of fun to watch.

eat crow? What did you expect them to say we have no chance. I personally knew Cayuga would win easy but I guarantee you if Im a Spurger fan I would of thought for sure we had a chance. I agree no way you should eat crow for believing in your kids. Keep your head up Cayuga is probably going to go down as one of the best 1a teams of all time.

[quote name="BmtSportsfan2008" post="775448" timestamp="1268339064"]
time for alot of spurger fans to eat crow, spurger never really had a chance to beat cayuga. however locals are often blinded by the facts and think with their heart. spurger had a really good season, but they had no chance against cayuga.
[/quote]

It shows that you have never spent any time with a Spurger fan. We don't eat crow we eat steak. As for your opinion that we never had a chance to beat Cayuga.....there you go again showing how much you don't know. On  any given day anyone can be beat. I have to give it to Cayuga they had a very good team this year.

wow..........I AM SO PROUD OF COACH ISAACKS....What a great young man with a brilliant future ahead of him....There are few coaches in any area that can compare to the job this gentleman did this year....TO THE PEOPLE OF SPURGER...I felt like an expectant father when your players were announced today......your kids and coach are a class act....

[quote name="BmtSportsfan2008" post="775448" timestamp="1268339064"]
time for alot of spurger fans to eat crow, spurger never really had a chance to beat cayuga. however locals are often blinded by the facts and think with their heart. spurger had a really good season, but they had no chance against cayuga.
[/quote]
How dare you say this! Spurger fans can see very well. And I, as a fan, sum it up this way......

1. My "local" team made it to Austin, where is your Beaumont team?

2. These boys have worked very hard all season long. The proof is making it to the drum.

3. This was the first time ever for Spurger to be in the state tourney. So they have made history for our small Spurger town.

4. This is the 3rd year straight they have made the playoffs, 08' lost out in the Regional Championship against Big Sandy. 09' lost out in Regional Quarters by 1 to Bremond. And now this year made it to state. One of the last "four" 1A-1 teams left playing in Texas. Their losing two key senior players this year, that will be truely missed. The Pirates next year will be returning Coach Isaacs, 4 seniors, 1 junior, 2 sophmore & adding a senior that had taken a year off. They also will be moved down to 1A-2 & already have their goals set high for next year.

5. HEART, what's wrong with that? Looks like to me that you need to show you have one.

[center]VERY PROUD TO BE CALLED A SPURGER PIRATE FAN. [/center]
[center]CONGRATS TEAM ISAACS! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP! CONTINUE TO PLAY WITH THAT, CLASS, HEART, & DETERMINATION THAT YOU BRING TO THE COURT & ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...[/center]

Proud of The Pirates. Lasting memories have been made for me the last few years & this year was awesome!!!!!

As a Pirate fan, waiting to see our broken hearted pirates come out of the drum, after the game. We cheered on our local area Silsbee team as they exited their bus & entered the drum.

[move]*****Congrats to The Spurger Pirates & The Silsbee Tigers to a great season*****[/move]

Represented Hwy 92 very well this season, hold your heads high!!!!

I saw the Pirates receiving their medals on the news tonight. I know that they wanted one more game and a shot at the title, but they did themselves and all of Spurger proud.

On the court I know that Evadale and Spurger are rivals, but as the parent of an athlete I know that every parent would be proud of the way that these young men handled themselves today. In life we are more often judged by the way we overcome the failures in life than the way we celebrate victories.

Stand tall Pirates, be proud of what you accomplished and treasure the memories of what you have done this season. You will look back in years to come and wonder what if, but know that you had the opportunity to even dream when so many others finished their seasons before you.

Best of luck to all the young men that wear the maroon and white. Good luck in D2 next year!

[quote name="BmtSportsfan2008" post="775911" timestamp="1268378241"]
i think cayuga beats spurger 100 times out of 100.
[/quote]

Well Bmtfan this is the last time I will acknowledge that you have and opinion but I felt there was one more thing that needed to be said. In my life I have ran into people like you alot. I am grouping you in with the people that when someone is on the road to greatness there is always someone like you that is jealous and wants to knock you down. We do acknowlege that Cayuga had a very good team, we take nothing from them and we know that we were beaten by the State Championship team. But in saying that we also have achieved alot this year!!! We will not allow a person like you to take ANYTHING from that. So thanks again for again bringing us closer as a team and a town by trying to knock us down.

[quote name="6thman" post="776082" timestamp="1268416721"]
[quote author=BmtSportsfan2008 link=topic=67190.msg775911#msg775911 date=1268378241]
[/quote]

Well Bmtfan this is the last time I will acknowledge that you have and opinion but I felt there was one more thing that needed to be said. In my life I have ran into people like you alot. I am grouping you in with the people that when someone is on the road to greatness there is always someone like you that is jealous and wants to knock you down. We do acknowlege that Cayuga had a very good team, we take nothing from them and we know that we were beaten by the State Championship team. But in saying that we also have achieved alot this year!!! We will not allow a person like you to take ANYTHING from that. So thanks again for again bringing us closer as a team and a town by trying to knock us down.
[/quote]Very well said 6th man :)

[quote name="SpurgerFan" post="776259" timestamp="1268438442"]
[quote author=6thman link=topic=67190.msg776082#msg776082 date=1268416721]
[quote author=BmtSportsfan2008 link=topic=67190.msg775911#msg775911 date=1268378241]
[/quote]

[/quote]Very well said 6th man :)
[/quote]Again well said 6th man, Dont concern your self with bmtfan sounds like he might be a little wounded about
sitting at home while we was in Austin.
About Our team: I am the proudest Dad and fan in the country!! This team has done a wonderful thing for themselves,
community, and their school.Not a thing in the world for you boys to hang your head about.Soon the sting of semi finals
will slowly get easier to deal with and you will truely see what you have accomplished.

I will be the first to say Cayuga has a great team,but me as fan did think our boys had a shot at winning.
And if you have been around these 9 young men and this young coach(ISAACS)you would know why
we beleived in this team.As for as 100 for 100, there is know way.Issacs is to good of a coach for that to happen PERIOD!

Thanks to every one that made the trip,and showed these boys the love and support that they recieved.To everyone
that couldnt make the trip thanks for the calls and texts,the guy's know you was there in spirit. I hope you got to
listen to the game right here on SETX.

Thanks SETX and AAW for broad casting Spurgers game. 

I saw this game on thursday at the state tournament.  I talked to Cooper and AAW after the game, and both were very impressed with Cayuga.  My first question to both of them was, did Cayuga live up to the hype or what?  Since i'd been accused before of being biased and i supposed people thought i overhyped Cayuga.  This has been mostly the same team the past 3 years, which makes you wonder after seeing them in Austin why they lost the last 2 years in the playoffs.  Honestly, i wasnt surprised by the result, i thought about picking a big win but didnt on the thought of being further ridiculed on here.  I'll say this, Spurger definitely looked like they belonged there.  I really wished UIL wouldnt have matched up Spurger and Cayuga in the semis.  I cant say for sure, but i really think Spurger wouldve beaten Gruver or Bronte if they played them.  But what does UIL ever get right?  I watched a couple semifinal games the past few days that i thought was basically the state championship game (Slocum-Nazareth, Silsbee-Madison), since UIL wants to use a stupid system of picking the matchups.  But thats a whole other topic to post.  Cayuga will roll Bronte by 30+ tomorrow morning in championship game.  Congrats to Spurger on a great season, i was glad to see them in Austin.

[quote name="beeninnikes" post="776470" timestamp="1268459262"]
I saw this game on thursday at the state tournament.  I talked to Cooper and AAW after the game, and both were very impressed with Cayuga.  My first question to both of them was, did Cayuga live up to the hype or what?  Since i'd been accused before of being biased and i supposed people thought i overhyped Cayuga.  This has been mostly the same team the past 3 years, which makes you wonder after seeing them in Austin why they lost the last 2 years in the playoffs.  Honestly, i wasnt surprised by the result, i thought about picking a big win but didnt on the thought of being further ridiculed on here.  I'll say this, Spurger definitely looked like they belonged there.  I really wished UIL wouldnt have matched up Spurger and Cayuga in the semis.  I cant say for sure, but i really think Spurger wouldve beaten Gruver or Bronte if they played them.  But what does UIL ever get right?  I watched a couple semifinal games the past few days that i thought was basically the state championship game (Slocum-Nazareth, Silsbee-Madison), since UIL wants to use a stupid system of picking the matchups.  But thats a whole other topic to post.  Cayuga will roll Bronte by 30+ tomorrow morning in championship game.  Congrats to Spurger on a great season, i was glad to see them in Austin.
[/quote]Yuga wins in OT by 6 this morning

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn