Fox Sports SW championship Saturday broadcast info

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="774166" timestamp="1268190567"]
[font=Courier]Fox Sports SW will once again televise the 5A state game on TV @ 8:30 p.m. on Saturday

Foxsportssouthwest.com will televise video stream (free of charge) the 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A-DI & 1A DII games as well.

I will have the priviledge of doing the color for the 3A Championship game at 10 a.m. on Saturday. [/font]
[/quote]

I wonder why they dont televise the other classes?  I realize some of the other schools wouldnt draw the highest ratings, but isnt it better than the alternative they would play on a saturday?  Probably some meaningless college or pro game or some rerun.  Its only one saturday a year, i think they should televise all the games to make it more exciting for the fans and give everyone who cant make the drive to Austin a chance to see these games on TV.  

Congrats to Coop on getting to do the 3A game, let me know if you need an extra commentator. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="774282" timestamp="1268196626"]
SETXsports broadcast will be better. >:(
[/quote]
If there is no miracle I will be at work and won't be able to listen or watch unless there are replays.  The 1A final I may get to see or hear as well as part of the 3A final.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="774186" timestamp="1268191248"]
[font=Courier]It's a bad weekend for HS basketball to be on TV due to NCAA conference $$$ tournaments. Even if Yates makes it to the final on Saturday, that game will not be on FSSW, only on the web.[/font]
[/quote]
bad day for TV coverage... the potential for an entire nation to see Yates play for a national title on the web makes it a wonderful day!

FoxSports regional coverage has really gone down hill over the last ten years or so. Don't recall if they used to show replays of state basketball games, but they did use to show replays of state football championships, all classes not just 5A & 4A. I was subscribed to the expanded sports package so I could get all of the Fox sports regions but not anymore.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="774960" timestamp="1268279939"]
FoxSports regional coverage has really gone down hill over the last ten years or so. Don't recall if they used to show replays of state basketball games, but they did use to show replays of state football championships, all classes not just 5A & 4A. I was subscribed to the expanded sports package so I could get all of the Fox sports regions but not anymore.

[/quote]

amen for that.....fox has been a let down ever since derek johnson left there....he programmed there station back in 98-03 when they covered a bunch of HS sports

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder