2010 Bridge City Tournament Updates revised (Lib, Kelly, OF, Lum, Cameron Yoe)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of good baseball played this weekend in Bridge City. I'll give my MVP to two guys :

Lumberton's [b]Wes Bingham[/b], the kid caught a great tournament behind the plate, hit the ball all over the park and out the park and then pitched and got the win over one of the best hitting teams in the area in Orangefield.

Bridge City's [b]Matt Hicks[/b], couple of homeruns including a slam, flawless defense and pitched a gem against a hot hitting Lumberton squad.

Guest JoesBros
Wow!! I have a funny feeling that 20-4A is going to be a huge cluster of teams going for 4 spots. This is going to be an interesting season.

[quote name="Critter" post="776890" timestamp="1268574957"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=67060.msg776889#msg776889 date=1268574887]
Vidor gets in.
[/quote]
Vidor takes first IMO......
[/quote]Yeah If Hester pitches every game and that is not going to happen....O yeah Nederland has that kid named Bellow as the Ace with the most pitching depth in the district behind him..It is going to be a great season for 20-4a ..Vidor will not be number 1  ::)

I have seen Matt Hicks pitch for years; he is much better than last season.  It will take one amazing team to beat him in District.  BC has two All State contenders in Hicks and Robertson, plus two more steady Seniors in Mulholland & Rhoades.
One Junior and the rest are tough-but-young Sophomores!  It is kind of special when I watch BC at times with their "Backbone" being Catcher-Soph; Pitcher Soph or Freshman; 2nd base Soph & Center F. Soph.......and those young folks have logged a lot of time together against substantial teams-- getting ready for a tough District run!  I have never seen a stronger "backbone" of young folks on a 3A team.

Don't count out Orangefield--that once-in-decade-star-alignment, stack of good players might have got bopped around by Cameron Yoe and Lumberton this weekend; but, that might have been what it takes to get them to focus.  They are a strong opponent poised for all in 21-3A to tackle.  lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83