• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="772910" timestamp="1268010174"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=66956.msg772862#msg772862 date=1268002256]
Get em J :D
[/quote]

Coop first time I have seen you post on here since WOS got beat by Silsbee in Football!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

LMAO!!!!!

Unless one of the incoming freshmen is the next Kevin Durant or John Wall,  next season will be another 5-11 or 6-10 conference record.

Why doesn't Lamar play Tyger College, St. Benedict Arnold, or Southwest Northern Oklahoma ON THE ROAD so the team can experience what it feels like to win there?

The only good thing playing these teams at home is a free BBQ sandwich at Willie Ray's.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="772985" timestamp="1268017177"]
Heard something very interesting tonight........anxious to see how things will fall!!!!
[/quote]

Lazeek you can't drop news like this without giving us a hint... Give us a #$*( hint!!

Guest coachacola
[quote name="mffl" post="773027" timestamp="1268021388"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=66956.msg772985#msg772985 date=1268017177]
Heard something very interesting tonight........anxious to see how things will fall!!!!
[/quote]

Lazeek you can't drop news like this without giving us a hint... Give us a #$*( hint!!
[/quote]

Maybe Tubbs will hire his old assistant coach from Lamar's sweet sixteen club...Danny Kaspar.  He seems to know how to recruit and win.  This was also a rebuilding year for SFA and all they did was win 20+ games again.

Sleepy you are new but probably you are one of those people that said Brown will never make it to UT or that Perk would never make it in the NBA?  Boutte has the knowledge and the name to get the players there and be successful!  I Boutte were at Lamar we would have  never lost kids like Clearance Matthews, Trey McDowel, Kris Richards, Keena Young, Hancocks (the many), Danahoe, etc. to schools outside of the area!!!!

Gillespie sounds wonderful but he [glow=red,2,300]will not [/glow] go from big time D1 to the Southland...  Maybe the Mountain West, Conference USA, A-10, SWAC, or Horizon but not the Southland!!!! Gillespie still has an opportunity to get a job in a major conference!

If the goal is for LU to move up with Texas st and UTSA to a new FBS conference. Just maybe a Gillispie can be brought in.
But lets not poop on Roc just yet, he has not been fired/resigned yet. Coach Tubbs did no better when he was in his second
term with LU as coach.

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="773232" timestamp="1268065823"]
Sleepy you are new but probably you are one of those people that said Brown will never make it to UT or that Perk would never make it in the NBA?  Boutte has the knowledge and the name to get the players there and be successful!  I Boutte were at Lamar we would have  never lost kids like Clearance Matthews, Trey McDowel, Kris Richards, Keena Young, Hancocks (the many), Danahoe, etc. to schools outside of the area!!!!

Gillespie sounds wonderful but he [glow=red,2,300]will not [/glow] go from big time D1 to the Southland...  Maybe the Mountain West, Conference USA, A-10, SWAC, or Horizon but not the Southland!!!! Gillespie still has an opportunity to get a job in a major conference!
[/quote]

Gillespie will be the new coach at UH so we don't have to worry about that. I never said Brown would not make it at UT.  While I worried about his attitude adjustment I was more than convinced he had the talent.  Don't get your panties in a wod either.  Nowhere did I say Boutte COULDN'T do the job I just said he WOULD'T get the job.  Settle down pal.  I like Boutte.  Tubbs ego is to big to try out on a former High School coach.

On the Boutte front...While the man is an established excellent basketball coach, who learned from one of the all time greats, he has never had to recruit! Recruiting and knowing the recruiting rules has to be learned as an assistant first.

If they replace Penders with Gillespie, would we be possibly replacing Roc with Penders?? is that what you meant by "Domino Effect"

ps...I still say brink back Skelton. WINNER!

[quote name="badndn" post="773332" timestamp="1268074651"]
On the Boutte front...While the man is an established excellent basketball coach, who learned from one of the all time greats, he has never had to recruit! Recruiting and knowing the recruiting rules has to be learned as an assistant first.

If they replace Penders with Gillespie, would we be possibly replacing Roc with Penders?? is that what you meant by "Domino Effect"

[/quote]

An old UH guy will be in the running but I doubt it will be penders very seriously.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="sleepy" post="773337" timestamp="1268075507"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=66956.msg773332#msg773332 date=1268074651]

[/quote]

An old UH guy will be in the running but I doubt it will be penders very seriously.
[/quote]

Are you referring to Clyde Drexler?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics