Class 3A Region III tourney set

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="770409" timestamp="1267680468"]
Guys i watch the tigers against wo-s and the first 3 quaters they played very averaged as if to say more relaxed wo-s tried to jump all over silsbee and for all wo-s did for at least through those 3 quaters they had no more than a 4 point lead silsbee finally made a very key adjustment which i think was be biggest difference in the game by putting Dc Stallworth back under the boards instead of pushing the basketball he had at least 13-15 points in the 4th quater alone but silsbee finally played the way i knew they could and shut down wo-s in the 4th if coach williams really turns this team a loose then they could win it all no disrespect to the other teams everyone at regional is good but wo-s could not move the ball or even barely get a shot off in that 4th quaters 7 of wo-s 9 points came from the free throw line this team has all the components to win it all they just have to do it . To me it seemed like this team went back to the old way of basketball that us tigers fan know they really played like a veteran ball club if they can beat hudson and hj can beat ff then saturday will in many ways be the state championship just not in austin. I wish both hj and silsbee the best it shows the state that there is great basketball here and as a die hard tiger fan lets focus 1 game at a time. I think the tigers really woke up during the 4th quater of the wo-s game and should start really rolling from there. GOOD LUCK TIGERS JUST WIN.
[/quote]
I agree that the Tiger's have the tools to win it all.  They just need to play like they can.  I hope that fourth quarter is what we needed to start rolling.  If we play pressure defense like we can,  we can get the larger leads.  I  can't see the Tigers getting too far behind many teams due to our work on the boards.  So we should be able to win any game we are in.  Lets Just Do It.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="770409" timestamp="1267680468"]
Guys i watch the tigers against wo-s and the first 3 quaters they played very averaged as if to say more relaxed wo-s tried to jump all over silsbee and for all wo-s did for at least through those 3 quaters they had no more than a 4 point lead silsbee finally made a very key adjustment which i think was be biggest difference in the game by putting Dc Stallworth back under the boards instead of pushing the basketball he had at least 13-15 points in the 4th quater alone but silsbee finally played the way i knew they could and shut down wo-s in the 4th if coach williams really turns this team a loose then they could win it all no disrespect to the other teams everyone at regional is good but wo-s could not move the ball or even barely get a shot off in that 4th quaters 7 of wo-s 9 points came from the free throw line this team has all the components to win it all they just have to do it . [/quote]

clearly the most impressive run-on sentence in the history of the site.  i got a migraine trying to read it :)

[quote name="ST413" post="770411" timestamp="1267681230"]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=66748.msg770409#msg770409 date=1267680468]
Guys i watch the tigers against wo-s and the first 3 quaters they played very averaged as if to say more relaxed wo-s tried to jump all over silsbee and for all wo-s did for at least through those 3 quaters they had no more than a 4 point lead silsbee finally made a very key adjustment which i think was be biggest difference in the game by putting Dc Stallworth back under the boards instead of pushing the basketball he had at least 13-15 points in the 4th quater alone but silsbee finally played the way i knew they could and shut down wo-s in the 4th if coach williams really turns this team a loose then they could win it all no disrespect to the other teams everyone at regional is good but wo-s could not move the ball or even barely get a shot off in that 4th quaters 7 of wo-s 9 points came from the free throw line this team has all the components to win it all they just have to do it . To me it seemed like this team went back to the old way of basketball that us tigers fan know they really played like a veteran ball club if they can beat hudson and hj can beat ff then saturday will in many ways be the state championship just not in austin. I wish both hj and silsbee the best it shows the state that there is great basketball here and as a die hard tiger fan lets focus 1 game at a time. I think the tigers really woke up during the 4th quater of the wo-s game and should start really rolling from there. GOOD LUCK TIGERS JUST WIN.
[/quote]
I agree that the Tiger's have the tools to win it all.  They just need to play like they can.  I hope that fourth quarter is what we needed to start rolling.  If we play pressure defense like we can,  we can get the larger leads.  I  can't see the Tigers getting too far behind many teams due to our work on the boards.  So we should be able to win any game we are in.  Lets Just Do It.
[/quote]

I think silsbee has all of the tools to win it as well, There size and athleticsim can make up for a game where they dont shoot that well.

[quote name="bullets13" post="769339" timestamp="1267507236"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66748.msg769328#msg769328 date=1267506609]
Friday night

Hardin-Jefferson vs. Fairfield   6:15pm

Silsbee vs. Lufkin Hudson       8pm

Saturday Final     6:30pm
[/quote]

anybody know anything about fairfield?

Only thing I know about Fairfield is that they will be Playing the winner of the late game on Friday night Saturday at 6PM ;-D

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="Swag" post="770552" timestamp="1267722791"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=66748.msg769339#msg769339 date=1267507236]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66748.msg769328#msg769328 date=1267506609]
Friday night

Hardin-Jefferson vs. Fairfield   6:15pm

Silsbee vs. Lufkin Hudson       8pm

Saturday Final     6:30pm
[/quote]

anybody know anything about fairfield?

Only thing I know about Fairfield is that they will be Playing the winner of the late game on Friday night Saturday at 6PM ;-D
[/quote]  If your prediction is as accurate as the one about the HJ point guard leading the district in turnovers and the shooting guard just standing there and missing shots, I would say things look bright for the Hawks

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="ST413" post="770636" timestamp="1267729531"]
One thing I know aboutr Fairfield is they are getting to play one more game than Kountze did.
[/quote].          Prepare to be told that this happened because the refs cheated.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="770766" timestamp="1267741174"]
[quote author=Boogy1000 link=topic=66748.msg770637#msg770637 date=1267729596]
Silsbee should beat Hudson as long as they dont get caught looking ahead to HJ. Good Luck Tigers!
[/quote]

HJ needs to focus on Fairfield, [b]They didn't get this far becuase of luck[/b].
[/quote]

Poppa, you are not suggesting that Silsbee did, are you? ;)

Seems like we have been getting the Hardin Jefferson treatment going into this game (we don't have a good chance of winning) I know one thing with all the talk about Silsbee or whatever we won't sneak up on HJ they have been in this situation how many years in a row? Looking ahead is for fans but you don't run the program the Hawks have by looking ahead. I know HJ will have our full attention I have nothing but respect for this way and although I can't speak for our coaches and players I am almost certain that they fill the same way. This isn't our most talented team we have ever put on the floor but this is just one of those teams that finds ways to win (bad shooting night, too many turnovers) we have been finding a way all year. As much respect as I have for HJ I expect us to play well we have been on the court with several big name historic programs the last 2 years with this core of players so I don't expect them to be overwhelmed. I think it will be a good game. Obviously HJ is the favorite and we have to step our game way up but anything can happen once you get to regionals.

[quote name="FairfieldEagles5" post="770921" timestamp="1267757227"]
Seems like we have been getting the Hardin Jefferson treatment going into this game (we don't have a good chance of winning) I know one thing with all the talk about Silsbee or whatever we won't sneak up on HJ they have been in this situation how many years in a row? Looking ahead is for fans but you don't run the program the Hawks have by looking ahead. I know HJ will have our full attention I have nothing but respect for this way and although I can't speak for our coaches and players I am almost certain that they fill the same way. This isn't our most talented team we have ever put on the floor but this is just one of those teams that finds ways to win (bad shooting night, too many turnovers) we have been finding a way all year. As much respect as I have for HJ I expect us to play well we have been on the court with several big name historic programs the last 2 years with this core of players so I don't expect them to be overwhelmed. I think it will be a good game. Obviously HJ is the favorite and we have to step our game way up but anything can happen once you get to regionals.
[/quote]HJ is the underdog can't shoot or dribble. but they do play defense. and they can pass a little.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont