Maine beat UNC Tarheels . . . (in baseball)

time2time

Guest baseball25
lol I didn't do anything wrong lol all i said was Barry Bonds lol, I mean give me a break people on here do 10 times worse, I brought up a player shame on me lol.... Don't hate just because I speak the truth and I know what I am talking about.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="768829" timestamp="1267479325"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=66653.msg768785#msg768785 date=1267475366]
lol why is Aggies getting in this conversation, just stick with silsbee basketball my friend and i hope to see you next week at the drum.
[/quote]

It was necessary because he is a moderator and his job is to make sure people stay on topic and within the rules of the forum. Just saying...
[/quote]

Then like I said.. he should have stopped this a long time ago, because this thread was about Maine and North Carolina. That's it.

Guest coachacola
Southeast Louisiana swept Mississippi State this weekend, are 7-0 and are now ranked 29th by Baseball America.  That's what happens when you play top opponents and win.

Guest baseball25
I have been saying it for months now cocacola, Gilligan is all about Wins for his career now and wants easy wins,easy doesn't want those tought teams anymore, I mean they won 38 games last yr and was nowhere consider for a automatic berth

Guest baseball25
http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2010/index
This website shows schedule, results, sos, RPI and etc from 2004-2010, i  mean its a big difference now to what kind of competition Lamar plays, I mean lamar started off i think 9-0 last yr against teams that were flat out horrible with RPI over 200......

[quote name="baseball25" post="768988" timestamp="1267494978"]
I have been saying it for months now cocacola, Gilligan is all about Wins for his career now and wants easy wins,easy doesn't want those tought teams anymore, I mean they won 38 games last yr and was nowhere consider for a automatic berth
[/quote]

Can you tell me how many teams have gotten a bid without at least 40 wins?

Guest baseball25
Lets see [b]Ark,Aggies,Gt,Florida,TCU,Miami,Georgia,South Carolina,Ok. st [/b] which won [b]33[/b] games got in last yr,[b]minn,Vandy,Alabama,southern miss,BC [/b] and they won only[b] 34 [/b] games and got in last yr,[b]Mizzu [/b] which won [b]35[/b] games and got in,[b]Was st [/b] got in and they won [b]32[/b] games,[b]Org st,cal poly,Western Kent[/b].  DO i rest my case, Lamar won [b]38 games [/b] last yr and wasn't even consider getting a bid, if they play atleast 6 teams in con-conf worth in the top 50 and get a split with them and win 35 games you have a shot, but with there weak schedule they got to when 40 games or more or the conf tourney. So thats 19 teams i just named that had less than 40 wins and got a bid and i am sure i didn't get all of them, so do I rest my case you had teams that got in with less than 35 wins man, like I said I know my baseball and i will tell you if I am wrong and on this subject I am not wrong. NUMBERS DON'T LIE MY FRIEND

You know  Baseball25, I am truly happy that you "know your baseball and the NUMBERS DON'T LIE" but personally I am tired of your negative attitude. Personally I am glad that most of the players do not read this site.  If all you can talk about is G and his sub par schedule I would just as soon you find another site to post on.  These kids work hard day in and day out.  They are 6-1 and they deserve our support.  Yes they should not have lost the game last Saturday, but as anyone who "knows baseball" knows that on any given day your pitching can go south.  All of them can have a bad outing.  Even those that are being paid millions.  So get off of it.  I would like to just once come on here and read that you have said something positive.  How about the beat the (*&#(^ out of NDS 12-5 on Sunday.  Or how about they beat the **%%$* out of Rice.  I for one am very proud of these boys.  Yes some of the points you make are true.  And I may have missed a few of your posts that could possibly been positive, but enough already.  Come on here and talk about the good things these kids or doing.  Or even if a player struggles like Harrington did this past weekend that is OK.  As a parent it would be nice to see some positive posts not only about our players but also about the Lamar program.

Guest baseball25
I have never said anything negative towArds a player on the team all I said is the schedule Is weak and that gilligan just cares about his career record and wants easy wins, and if you can't handle me being realistic about it I'm sorry, me and you were taking about 40 wins bec you said what team don't win 40 games and not get in so I proved you wrong of course and you get your underwear in a knot and get all aggervated, I know how hard the players work I've been there and done it my brother, and I said on one of my post that a win against Dallas baptist would be a good win for Lamar tonight, I mean I am going to speak the truth and tell you what I feel and gilligan wants a easy schedule to help his career record plain and simple, he makes  excuses why he won't play the big boys.

I did not accuse you of saying negative things about a certain player because if you had my post would have been a lot worse in criticizing you.  I also did not say that a team had to have 40 wins to get an at large bid.  I asked: "Can you tell me how many teams have gotten a bid without at least 40 wins?".  You seem to have it out for G.  I have known him for more than 40 years.  I do not believe that his goal is to pad his wins.  He has always said that he believes that the players deserve to be able to play games on their home field.  When the "Big" guys decided that they only wanted to play at home and not return an away game, well G felt that was not fair.  I also know that one of the reasons TX St and Sam Houston got the games with A&M is because they are only 1 and 1/2 hrs from CS.  If you look at a lot of schools schedules you will see that they are not all against ranked schools. With the exception of Tx St everyone plays schools that they should easily beat.  I find it funny how you repeatedly have to tell us how you know the game of baseball.  I really do not care if you do or not.  My point was I am tired of your negative attitude toward Lamar, Gilligan and our schedule.  I am curious.  Do you go to the games at Vincent Beck?

Guest baseball25
Gilligan doesn't want to travel and go to play the big boys because he thinks he's better than what he is, its a EGO thing with him and he's not getting HIS way, I mean if you want to bring in recruits like he use to do then he has to go play Texas,baylor,aggies, Tulane and etc, as of rightnow there are Sam houston,Tx st,Utsa, and South east La  ahead of lamar rightnow and those teams play tough schedules and are bringing in good recruits because of the schedule they have, every kid wants to play against teams like that  but Gilligan doesn't have the schedule like he use too so he plays a bunch of teams that he can get easy wins aganist. Do you know what SOS means? Go look at Sam houston SOS [b]83[/b], TEXAS ST SOS [b]102[/b], Se LA SOS [b]79[/b], UTA SOS [b]82[/b], UTSA SOS [b]87[/b], from last yr and compared it to LAMAR'S which was [b]202[/b] lol Lamar schedule isn't even close to there schedule's so you can't compared them, the reason you are tired of the negative attitude towards lamar is because its the truth and it hurts.

[quote name="baseball25" post="771218" timestamp="1267805310"]
Gilligan doesn't want to travel and go to play the big boys because he thinks he's better than what he is, its a EGO thing with him and he's not getting HIS way, I mean if you want to bring in recruits like he use to do then he has to go play Texas,baylor,aggies, Tulane and etc, as of rightnow there are Sam houston,Tx st,Utsa, and South east La  ahead of lamar rightnow and those teams play tough schedules and are bringing in good recruits because of the schedule they have, every kid wants to play against teams like that  but Gilligan doesn't have the schedule like he use too so he plays a bunch of teams that he can get easy wins aganist. Do you know what SOS means? Go look at Sam houston SOS [b]83[/b], TEXAS ST SOS [b]102[/b], Se LA SOS [b]79[/b], UTA SOS [b]82[/b], UTSA SOS [b]87[/b], from last yr and compared it to LAMAR'S which was [b]202[/b] lol Lamar schedule isn't even close to there schedule's so you can't compared them, the reason you are tired of the negative attitude towards lamar is because its the truth and it hurts.
[/quote]  The bottom line is that everything you post comes back your bitterness against Gilligan.  I don't know why you feel that way (you couldn't possibility be that upset about the schedule) and I don't care.  I await your next tirade.

Guest baseball25
I jUst feel the longer he keeps coaching at Lamar the longer the progrAm suffers, like bowden bowden at fsu he stayed 5 yrs to long they need a younger face at the helm, believe me no tirade here just speaking the truth, gotta be realistic in life. I hope Lamar can get back on top they use to be Fun to watch, it's not fun watching them plY north dakota st, Maine pview, Texas southern, Houston baptist and etc.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="771237" timestamp="1267807700"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=66653.msg771218#msg771218 date=1267805310]
[/quote]  The bottom line is that everything you post comes back your bitterness against Gilligan.  I don't know why you feel that way (you couldn't possibility be that upset about the schedule) and I don't care.  I await your next tirade.
[/quote]

You have to be realistic, and you also have to realize that he wants to see Lamar succeed just like everyone else. But, the only way we'll get a big is if we win the Southland, and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time that happened. I'm not saying it was 30 years ago, I just honestly don't know when it was. But back to the schedule, it's not exciting fans going and seeing Lamar punish bad teams. And if you think that's a lie, look at the differences in crowds between games against Rice, U of H, and then North Dakota St. If you're not at the game 2 hours before it starts then you're sitting on the end of the bleachers down the third base line. Like I've said before, they have to start going places and getting victories if they want to bring teams in. SELA just swept Mississippi State, Sam started off the season with a 3 game set at No. 9 TCU (And they are very far from Ft. Worth) I understand that Gilligan doesn't want to travel because he thinks they should come here.. But no team will come here and play Lamar when they could have just as competitive teams come to THEM. Saves them a 3+ hour road trip to play the same quality of teams. They have to start going places and playing. And not the typical Rice and U of H every year. We're better than U of H now, they'll keep coming here. Have to play a Big 12 team or two, or at least a Sun belt team.

[quote name="AJ25" post="771300" timestamp="1267811883"]
[quote author=becktobigs link=topic=66653.msg771237#msg771237 date=1267807700]
[/quote]

You have to be realistic, and you also have to realize that he wants to see Lamar succeed just like everyone else. But, the only way we'll get a big is if we win the Southland, and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time that happened. I'm not saying it was 30 years ago, I just honestly don't know when it was. But back to the schedule, it's not exciting fans going and seeing Lamar punish bad teams. And if you think that's a lie, look at the differences in crowds between games against Rice, U of H, and then North Dakota St. If you're not at the game 2 hours before it starts then you're sitting on the end of the bleachers down the third base line. Like I've said before, they have to start going places and getting victories if they want to bring teams in. SELA just swept Mississippi State, Sam started off the season with a 3 game set at No. 9 TCU (And they are very far from Ft. Worth) I understand that Gilligan doesn't want to travel because he thinks they should come here.. But no team will come here and play Lamar when they could have just as competitive teams come to THEM. Saves them a 3+ hour road trip to play the same quality of teams. They have to start going places and playing. And not the typical Rice and U of H every year. We're better than U of H now, they'll keep coming here. Have to play a Big 12 team or two, or at least a Sun belt team.
[/quote]He quit traveling to places that refuse to give us return games in Beaumont.  Traveling to Austin or Baton Rogue doesn't put anybody in seats at Vincent Beck unless they give Lamar a return game--I'd take two-for-ones if they'd do it.  If they're too good to come to Beaumont why go there?

Guest baseball25
Dude you act like Lamar is a power house lol , Lamar isn't even a top 50 team u got to go to places like that to get respect, if you want to play against the big boys you gotta to go to there back yard, plain and simple. I mean do u know why texas st,utsa,sAm,south eastern la are ahead of Lamar right now? I want to see what kind of stupid response you have.

[quote name="becktobigs" post="771374" timestamp="1267821605"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=66653.msg771300#msg771300 date=1267811883]
[quote author=becktobigs link=topic=66653.msg771237#msg771237 date=1267807700]
[/quote]

[/quote]He quit traveling to places that refuse to give us return games in Beaumont.  Traveling to Austin or Baton Rogue doesn't put anybody in seats at Vincent Beck unless they give Lamar a return game--I'd take two-for-ones if they'd do it.  If they're too good to come to Beaumont why go there?
[/quote]

Not many Big 12 teams will come to a Southland school.. It's not a talent issue because I promise Southland has just as good of athletes in some cases as the Big 12 schools. It's just they're too proud to travel to a Southland school I'm sure. Look at Sam's schedule, they go to Big 12 teams without them coming to their place. UTA draws them because they've gone to their place and earned respect. Tx State draws big teams at their stadium because of their location. So when you're out of the way, we're not going to draw these teams without going there and beating them first.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124