Spurger/Newton Warm up game

I HAD BOTH OF THESE TEAMS IN THE LAST WEEK OR SO.....This has the potential to be an entertaining game........if both teams play up to their capabilities ..These two coaches should both be up for coach of the year awards for what they have done with their programs....will be a physical game as well....wish I had the chance to see this  one...GOOD LUCK SPURGER AND NEWTON!!!

I'll be there backing the Pirates.I think the game will be real close with depth being the deciding factor with the phsical play.Spurger has the better skill players but Newton will be deeper.

Newton-60
Spurger-57

Good luck to both clubs in the playoffs.
I sure would have liked to see a Spurger/Woodville matchup,it would have been a gem.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="whsalum" post="762270" timestamp="1266545975"]
I'll be there backing the Pirates.I think the game will be real close with depth being the deciding factor with the phsical play.Spurger has the better skill players but Newton will be deeper.

Newton-60
Spurger-57

I sure would have liked to see a Spurger/Woodville matchup,it would have been a gem.
[/quote]

How can you consider them deeper when they only have 7 players they suite out.  Just curious

Stats for the Spurger/Newton game

Scoring

Newton

Bryan Foster        16
Deion Seastrunk      9
Trevor Holmes        8
Dale Dean              5
Shaun Balkum        3
Tim Simmons          2
Brent Spikes          1

Spurger

Daniel Blankenship      28
George Whittaker      24
Shain Rawls              8
Christian Norsworthy  4
Jarom Odom              4
Chase McGallion          2

Foul shooting

Spurger    4/6    66%
Newton    7/15  46%

3 point shooting

Spurger    4/12  33%
Newton    5/18  27%

turnovers

Spurger  14
Newton  13

rebounding

Spurger  37
Newton  28

[quote name="rykerx144" post="763332" timestamp="1266710924"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=66219.msg762270#msg762270 date=1266545975]

Newton-60
Spurger-57

[/quote]

How can you consider them deeper when they only have 7 players they suite out.  Just curious
[/quote]That was the first time I had seen them play and I was surprised they didn't have any depth.In the past they have always had lots of folks on the bench.I don't know how they made the playoffs from what they showed tonight.Spurger looked solid tonight.

Great game PIRATES!!!!
Really enjoyed seeing Whittaker have a good game. Blankenship is amazing. McGallion is always fun to watch with all his unselfish play, he just seem to always know where everyone is. Rawls was steady as always on the boards. We missed Hutto tonight. The bench was productive as well. Can't wait for the next game. Keep up the good work guys.

Great game Coach Isaacs.

Guest athlete10
[quote name="PINETREE" post="763682" timestamp="1266786654"]
[color=maroon][i][font=Georgia]Newton is the 2nd seed in the playoffs......district has to be weak.....Spurger demolished this team[/font][/i][/color]
[/quote]
Spurger has been in and out of the top 25 ranking in 1A and newton isnt that great of a club...they have a lot of athletes while spurger is very fundamental...but i dnt agree that their district is weak

Alot weaker district than last year, but 3 of teams were still fairly decent. 

Me being from San Augustine, I wasnt impressed with SA's inconsistancy played throughout district. 

I dont think Woodville has a shot at beating Anahuac, after seeing both of them play! 

If Newton happens to beat Buffalo, will hardly be a contest against the mighty Kountze!

SA has Centerville first round, pretty equally matched teams, could go either way.  Winner of that game gets 1st seed in District 24...  Seems like they have a easier road through the playoffs... just like Woodville did in the third slot last year.

Good luck to the 22AA teams this week!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83