Spurger v. Evadale

DC07

Evadale dug themselves a hole they couldnt get out of in the first quarter. Being down 14-1 after one quarter and then playing even the rest of the way. Spurger showed a lot of poise when Evadale made a run down the stretch, but good teams can hold off challenges and Spurger is definately a good basketball team. Evadale showed a lot of heart and never gave up, but so hard to come back on a good team like Spurger.
Congratulations to Spurger on the District Championship and to Evadale for its return to the playoffs.
Spurger,Sabine Pass, and Evadale have fine young coaches and should give any team they meet fits.

This game was hard fought,coached well and played in front of a playoff type crowd atmosphere. It should help both these teams in the playoffs.
Isaacs and Wilkins to great young coaches and classy guys who get everything they can out of a team and really teach team basketball.
Congrats to all and good luck in the playoffs.

Congrats Spurger on another District championship!!

Hard fought game,I thought My pirates was going to put it away early
but them rebs just wouldnt go away.A scrappy bunch and my hats gos off to those
young men.It would have been easy for them to fold up after the first but they
never gave up.

The match up I liked the most was between Adam and Shain Rawls.They battled
all night,they should be very sore tomorrow ;D

Great game guys!!!! Both teams played hard as we knew they would. Great game again Rawls!!!! Nice 3 point shooting Hutto. As always great leadership. Thanks Coach and guys for giving us the chance to travel and root for you guys during the playoffs.  Go Pirates!!!!!

Congrats to Spurger on winning the district.

I thought it was interesting that the Sabine Pass team came in after thier game with HD. They were cheering for the Rebels since a victory would have made for a three way tie.

The Rebels dug a deep hole in the first quarter and were never able to fully recover. I thought that the Rebels did a great job on George limiting him to only 6 points in the game. The difference last night for the Pirates was #34! 22 points and playing defense on Murphy all night holding him to 17.

I know that the Rebels, Pirates and Sharks had some spirited games this season and all three are heading into the playoffs. Who knows their might be a repeat performance somewhere down the road for at least a couple of these teams. If not then we will see you both on the diamond once baseball starts.

Oh and to the Pirates anytime you would like to start a football program and strap it on I feel confident that the Rebels would be more than happy to fit you into the schedule to help you get your program started. 

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="761200" timestamp="1266426928"]

I thought it was interesting that the Sabine Pass team came in after thier game with HD. They were cheering for the Rebels since a victory would have made for a three way tie.

The Rebels dug a deep hole in the first quarter and were never able to fully recover. I thought that the Rebels did a great job on George limiting him to only 6 points in the game. The difference last night for the Pirates was #34! 22 points and playing defense on Murphy all night holding him to 17.

I know that the Rebels, Pirates and Sharks had some spirited games this season and all three are heading into the playoffs. Who knows their might be a repeat performance somewhere down the road for at least a couple of these teams. If not then we will see you both on the diamond once baseball starts.

Oh and to the Pirates anytime you would like to start a football program and strap it on I feel confident that the Rebels would be more than happy to fit you into the schedule to help you get your program started. 
[/quote][color=maroon][/color] Well no football in the near future, Your post was going good untill
your last statment. Sounds like two 9yr olds on the play ground." my daddy is bigger then yours" Right
after he gets smacked around a little bit

[quote name="court side" post="761558" timestamp="1266462684"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=66141.msg761200#msg761200 date=1266426928]

[/quote][color=maroon][/color] Well no football in the near future, Your post was going good untill
your last statment. Sounds like two 9yr olds on the play ground." my daddy is bigger then yours" Right
[/quote]

No smack intended. I do congratulate the Pirates on winning district. But can you truly say that there are not a few young men in Spurger that would not like to play football? I was simply saying we would love to help you get things started.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="761590" timestamp="1266465358"]
[quote author=court side link=topic=66141.msg761558#msg761558 date=1266462684]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=66141.msg761200#msg761200 date=1266426928]

[/quote]

No smack intended. I do congratulate the Pirates on winning district. But can you truly say that there are not a few young men in Spurger that would not like to play football? I was simply saying we would love to help you get things started.
[/quote]My bad, I guess I took it the wrong way.
The boys would like to play football but dont see it taking place in my life time :-\

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761606" timestamp="1266465837"]
Court, I saw that post like you did. A little sour grapes if you ask me. Get beat so you look for another way out. ;D
[/quote]

Not at all Ag

I was at the game and the Pirates played very well and the Rebels did not at least in the first half. We in the 1A ranks have to deal with things you guys in 3A do not have to for instance having your district change for every sport. When Silsbee finds out who is in district they know who they play for everything. In 1A we have differernt teams in volleyball, basketball, football, softball and baseball. Yea there are a few that are in all of them, but we all like rivals that we can get pumped up about, but if the teams change from sport to sport that makes those type of game difficult. If all the schools played all the sports then it might make for less shuffling when it comes to district.

If my post was sour grapes I would have said something about baseball that is still coming up instead of a sport that Spurger does not have.

Again to Court Side and all the Spurger fans great game and great season. I hope that you have a terrific run in the playoffs just as I hope that the Rebels do!

Oh and Ag I hope the Tigers have a great run too. See us little guys can give props to the bigger schools even when we don't get it in return.

I was at this one and it could have been lights out if the Rebs would have rolled over.  14-1 start, WOW!  Both teams played hard nose ball from the 2nd quarter on and Spurger stopped a strong run by Evadale late in the 4th to seal the game.  I think the Rebs got to within 6 points midway through the 4th.
I really believe Evadale's "big" men will have to play "bigger" than they have been.  Don't misunderstand, I think they are fine players, but they could/should be a force and they aren't.  The Rebs found a hot hand in Murphy down the stretch but as soon a he got hot, they stopped feeding him the ball.  The Pirates played good defense on him but thats not what stopped him from shooting.  The ball not getting in his hands hurt the Rebs late. JMO

Good luck to both clubs in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder