Spurger @ Evadale/Prediction

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="760009" timestamp="1266258897"]
[font=Courier]Should be a good one....HoopInsider coming to E-Town to broadcast![/font]
[/quote]Thats great,Ill be the loud guy in the corner closes to the door.
I like to get a head start when the ref points at the door ;D ;D ;D

Spurger will be there with all they have. Should be a good one because I am sur the gym will be packed. Spurger wins in a close game. I hope we have good refs that call fair for both teams. That way no questions about who wins. Lord please be with both teams and keep them safe.

Go Pirates

If Evadale played B-1 defense and shut Blankenship down (from the arc by getting in his face), Evadale by 4 because of home field advantage.  Evadale has two big men who should be able to handle #12 of Spurger.  Evadale has the personnel to match-up with Spurger.  If they pressed, Spurger will run away with a win.  GO BLUE!!!       

[quote name="recruiter" post="760317" timestamp="1266295569"]
If Evadale played B-1 defense and shut Blankenship down (from the arc by getting in his face), Evadale by 4 because of home field advantage.  Evadale has two big men who should be able to handle #12 of Spurger.  Evadale has the personnel to match-up with Spurger.  If they pressed, Spurger will run away with a win.  GO BLUE!!!       
[/quote]I hope the two bigs hold #12 like last time.He had 29
Keep and eye on rawls,#00. He has come up big in district and could
have a big game tonight

I believe that the Rebels will take this one in a close game, maybe even and overtime affair.

I am just so proud of the Rebels who are on pace I believe to make the playoffs in all six team sports this season. The Rebels and Lady Rebels already have 2 of the four team district championships in Football and Girls Basketball both teams undefeated in district. The Volleyball and Boys Basketball teams both made or will enter the playoffs, the guys still have a chance to share the district crown in basketball.

The baseball team is loaded and lookng for a deeper run than last years regional semi's and while they are rebuilding from the graduation of a large senior class the softball team looks to return to the playoffs and who knows challenge for the championship.

It is a testimony to the hard work of all the Rebel and Lady Rebel the players and coaches. 2009-2010 has been and still looks to be a banner year for Evadale athletics.

[quote name="picnroll" post="760513" timestamp="1266342572"]
just one correction RY the girls volleyball team missed the playoffs when they lost to goodrich in a match for third place in district.
1.West Hardin
2.Colmesneil
3.Goodrich

Sorry just the way it was.............................. :)
[/quote]

I stand corrected! I remember now, I have just grown accustomed to the Lady Rebels being in all the playoffs that I just missed that one. 

[quote name="apiolar" post="760014" timestamp="1266259457"]
if Spurger guards Murphy like Sabine Pass did in Nederland then Spurger should win by 10+
[/quote]I have see 2 post about Sabine Pass shutting down Murphy....he had 22 points in Nederland against Sabine Pass with 4 3-pointers. I would hardly say he was "shut down"..Spurger did better and held him to 16 but allowed him also 8 rebounds and 4 steals. Coach Henry at H-D ran a box 1 defense with a man on him constantly and he still put up 15. He has had an awesome season as a SOPHOMORE!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="760593" timestamp="1266352399"]
[quote author=picnroll link=topic=66072.msg760513#msg760513 date=1266342572]
just one correction RY the girls volleyball team missed the playoffs when they lost to goodrich in a match for third place in district.
1.West Hardin
2.Colmesneil
3.Goodrich

Sorry just the way it was.............................. :)
[/quote]

I stand corrected! I remember now, I have just grown accustomed to the Lady Rebels being in all the playoffs that I just missed that one. 
[/quote]

Theres was indeed a rare miss of the playoffs and so was yours. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont