Cayuga breaks HJ's record!

bobcatfan

http://www.youreasttexas.com/Article.asp?id=1695591&spid=26658

Dont know how many HJ fans were aware of this, but the 91-92 HJ team held the record of 7 consecutive 100 pt games, which was broken by Cayuga on tuesday Feb 8 and is still counting at 9 with their 108-52 win over Hubbard (who is 3rd in district and previously ranked!) friday.  They play at Dawson on tuesday and will almost certainly make it 10 in a row since Dawson has only 2 wins in district.  I saw Cayuga play once this year i was very impressed and have no doubt they deserve that #1 ranking theyve had since they were winning the state title in football.  I was accused 2 years ago of overhyping this team but i truly think they are totally legit.  Unbelievable athleticism and depth at the 1A level like you've never seen, rotating about 12-13 players throughout the game.  If you walked in the gym and saw them warming up you'd think they are a 3A or 4A team.  I believe if they were in southeast Texas they'd make the playoffs in every district but 5A.  After Yates, this team is easily the next best bet to make it to state and win.  Dont argue with me on here about it, get out and watch this team play, they are impressive to watch.

[quote name="beeninnikes" post="759728" timestamp="1266141598"]
http://www.youreasttexas.com/Article.asp?id=1695591&spid=26658

Dont know how many HJ fans were aware of this, but the 91-92 HJ team held the record of 7 consecutive 100 pt games, which was broken by Cayuga on tuesday Feb 8 and is still counting at 9 with their 108-52 win over Hubbard (who is 3rd in district and previously ranked!) friday.  They play at Dawson on tuesday and will almost certainly make it 10 in a row since Dawson has only 2 wins in district.  I saw Cayuga play once this year i was very impressed and have no doubt they deserve that #1 ranking theyve had since they were winning the state title in football.  I was accused 2 years ago of overhyping this team but i truly think they are totally legit.  Unbelievable athleticism and depth at the 1A level like you've never seen, rotating about 12-13 players throughout the game.  If you walked in the gym and saw them warming up you'd think they are a 3A or 4A team.  I believe if they were in southeast Texas they'd make the playoffs in every district but 5A.  After Yates, this team is easily the next best bet to make it to state and win.  Dont argue with me on here about it, get out and watch this team play, they are impressive to watch.
[/quote](JMOP) I thought yuga was the best team in 1a the last couple of years, and all these 100 point games are nice and good for the news papers lets just see if they can get out of the reg tourney this
year. Me, I hope they do.

[quote name="sleepy" post="759862" timestamp="1266190915"]
so you are telling me this record stood for 18 years.............holy cow............how good was that team?
[/quote][quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=66047.msg759943#msg759943 date=1266245606]
Pretty Darn Good.
[/quote]YEP

Cayuga distances themselves further from HJ's previous record of 7 by getting their 10th straight 100 pt victory last night, winning 102-44 over Dawson.  Dont think their run will end in the playoffs either.  I believe their first playoff game will be the winner of Broaddus/Alto, and neither is better than 15th ranked Lapoynor, who they scored 100 on twice.  I hear they are playing #5 ranked in 1A-II, Bloomburg, for a warmup game.  But i'm not sure if that game will count toward the record.  If it does, i wouldnt be surprised to see 100 scored in that game too.  In case yall are wondering, the 1A regional tournament is in SFA this year...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476