Didnt see this district playing out like this ;D
[/quote]
I had Silsbee being #1
HJ # 2
WOS # 3

[/quote]I did too, just thought it would come down to the last game
between Silsbee/HJ for the #1 and #2 spots

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="759447" timestamp="1266040283"]
No excuses from me...........if HJ makes the FT's in the 4th then they win the game!!!!  They did not........they beat themselves!!!!!!
[/quote]I agree.  You got to give credit to WOS.  Several times it looked like we would close out the game and they just kept coming back.

WOS shot the three-ball, and an awful lot of free throws, very well tonight.  They hustled and scrapped and beat us.  Congrats and best wishes to their seniors.

Grayson had himself a 30+ point game, and played with a lot of heart.  Aside from Grayson...  Every HJ starter and rotation player finished the game with 4 or 5 fouls.  Little Will came into the game and picked up 3 fouls in about thirty seconds.  Congrats to the reffing crew on their consistency.

Guest Two-Dogs...
Soulja, I can't really understand it either. Tonight PNG played Ozen who is in 1st place in our district and there were probably only about 250 folks in the stands. You would think that a school who is in 1st place in district and a school who can muster ten thousand people for friday night lights could fill a typical 4a gymnasium. but the passion for roundball just isn't here in southeast texas. Football is king.

You see, Ozen is a different animal.  They exppect to win district.  So when they are playing who they feel is a lesser team, the fans don't come out.  Now, they do come out In the Central game (crosstown rivalry) and in deep playoff runs.

But my point is being that over the years besides the state championship run a few years ago for WO-S, they haven't done much.  And those posters on here that feel Mustang football is king in SETX don't flood on here with a huge win...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="759461" timestamp="1266041407"]
According to the stats from the replay, Grayson scored 25 tonight.
[/quote]
I'm going to go with 28 points for Sutherland on my scorebook... I know that i didn't mark down three points Sutherland hit in the 2nd quarter while students were walking on the court infront of us...in fact I was silenced in the recording because I couldn't see anything for 15 seconds...

Regardless it was a great look on the last possession from the right wing... those would have been the 3 that mattered most. Great game and atmosphere overall.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami