Nederland @ Central Updates... Bulldogs win!

pretty sure admin was only kidding guys...they would have to hang a few state titles to be called that, but no matter how you slice it, that was a big win against a quality team on the road and this program definitlely has an "up" arrow beside its name

[quote name="Razor" post="756103" timestamp="1265468461"]
pretty sure admin was only kidding guys...they would have to hang a few state titles to be called that, but no matter how you slice it, that was a big win against a quality team on the road and this program definitlely has an "up" arrow beside its name
[/quote]No kidding.  Have your read my game analysis, Razor?

Also, there was some suspicius calls going on.  Both sides felt the rath of these guys.  Odd Technical foul calls.  Phantom charging calls.  Asking coaches to tell the visitor crowd to shut up.  Our smaller players try to intimidate Nederland's much bigger front line by a little jawing.  An occasional shoulder bump.  Nederland's bigs jaw back.  Sometimes pushing them to the side while going to the free throw line.  These guys come running in like there is a fight going to break up.  Things like calling for a team/ref meeting after every foul.  These guys were a little much.  Not ranting on the loss as Nederland fans can attest for this.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="756118" timestamp="1265471971"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=65664.msg756103#msg756103 date=1265468461]
[/quote]No kidding.  Have your read my game analysis, Razor?
[/quote]

Soulja, I did and I think you hit it pretty well...wish I would have thought about it, we could have met...the Smith kid from Central is and will continue to be a real good player...he has the rare ability at this level to create his own shot...Nederland was horrible at the line last night until the end, when it mattered and Nederland's defense was very solid, particularly in the second half.

As for the refs, I cannot say that this was a well called game and it cut both ways...I hate it when a ref makes it seem like we are there to watch them rather than the kids...one in particular was too much of a grandstander for my liking and loved drawing attention to himself...give some guys a whistle and they seem to think they are a king or something...enough of a rant from me but i hope I never see that guy again.

[quote name="bees85" post="756363" timestamp="1265513067"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=65664.msg755842#msg755842 date=1265425201]
Nederland the new "Lincoln Bumble Bee's"
[/quote]

That is sacreligious, watch your mouth...........
[/quote]

Allright bees85, maybe I did get a little excited with our win. Would Earl Evans or Anthony Allen start over our current Bulldogs, [i]probably[/i]. With our
football, soccer, softball, swimming, baseball, cross country, tennis at the top, might as well bring in the basketball program.

These officials did a good job. I also think they tried to contol alot of the game, where really was not a concern. The taso group here does a good job for the most part, but there are only so many good officials out there.I will say this, they will be at the games and they will be on time, and thats a positive. Cant say that for the other group

Team, you hit the nail on the head. My nephew plays for Buna jv & I follow most of his games. This year alone in district, there has been only one official @ Buna twice and NO officials @ Warren.....had an ex-ref parent volunteering. When we went to East Chambers there were 2 officials in both gyms. I think East Chambers uses the taso chapter, i recognized some familiar faces. The Bmt uil chapter is hurting. Hope this gets fixed next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami