Warren HC resigns from the school

I Heard that defensive coach (assistant head coach) SMART was offered the A.D spot but declined it, talking to some of the players they ALL wish he woulda accepted it, they say hes the best coach they got hands down, everyone respects him up there, and their new facilities consist of new weightroom, new school, new field house, new practice field, everything new except stadium lol, really hope warren and kountze get turned around before the season gets here, dnt want any team in this district bein pounded every friday night i want them two to be able to compete.

Guest ECBucFan
I have seen Warren play every year since they dropped to 2A, and they have always played with a lot of heart and effort. Ramsey got all he could out of what he had to work with, as far as I could see. What more could be asked for? Their W-L record may not reflect it, but the Warriors have represented quite well, IMHO. Good luck and I hope a turnaround will come soon.  :)     

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Irishryan" post="780147" timestamp="1269266325"]
I heard that it will be this week sometime that they name their guy. Could be interesting. Does anyone have a list of finalist or even applicants?
[/quote]

Judging by the list complied for H-F, there is ample and outstanding coaches available. Warren can certainly get a good (if not great) one!  :D

Don't have a list but the search is down to 2'They were introduced to the board tonight I hear.I have to say I have known TJ Ramsey as a school board member,parent and fan.While I didn't always agree with some decisions he made in sports other than football I have never doubted his feelings for the kids.He always put them first and I sincerely hope he lands a job locally.We could use more like TJ looking after the kids.Good luck Coach.

Bill Sims

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="764016" timestamp="1266856332"]
[quote author=fbneanderthal link=topic=65544.msg753886#msg753886 date=1265134206]
A very good man!!!  He does the best he can for all kids.
[/quote]

I believe that. I don't know him, but I have observed Coach Ramsey through the years during FB, BB, and track meets. He seems like very good man. The 2A district will miss him. Good Luck, Coach Ramsey.  :)   
[/quote]

Best wishes, Coach Ramsey!  :)

• 1 month later...
Our new coach is Kevin Barbay and he is the most calm and cool hearted person you ever met, even when he got mad only 1 time due to the freshman's lack of keeping up with us he was still calm! I think we will do great and as for coach ramsey I wish him the best, I played this year for the first 2 weeks of 2-a-Days and i had messed up my knee the 2nd week bfore the scrimmage with an ACL,MCL, and Cartilage tear wich ruined my year but I attended every game with the team and watched Ramsey do his thing, I admit he made some of the most boneheaded decisions (going for a 4th down conversion which was 30 yards away with a trap run) but still he was a damn good person but not the greatest or worst coach but he was a good one!

Guest LR1969
Some of the best fans in SE Texas, believe it or not, reside in Warren. I have covered just about every school within a 50 mile radius in one way or another over the years but I have never seen any fans more supportive than the Warren faithful. Granted, PN-G and Nederland may have more fans but, percentage wise, I would put Warren right in the mix with them. A good place for a kid to participate in athletics and learn something about life at the same time, WIN or LOSE!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83