Who has the strongest pitching in 19-4A?

Guest GCMPats
I'm gonna be biased and say GCM.

Sr, LHP, Cody Butler - 2009 1st Team All District
Jr, RHP, Price Jacobs - 2009 2nd Team All District
Soph., RHP, Chance Czerwonka

Jr, RHP, Dalton Going
Soph, LHP, Michael Martinez
Soph, RHP, Manny Galvan
Sr, RHP, Mason Ball

There are some more "inning eaters" but I believe GCM will rely on these guys down the stretch. If they can limit the walks from last year, the Goose should be in good hands.

Kingwood Park and Crosby would be #2 and #3 in my book. Dayton lost a stud in Smesney and BH has some young arms to replace their Sr's from 2009.

[quote name="stutteringstanley" post="750828" timestamp="1264682829"]
Dayton lost a great pitcher in Smesny, no doubt, but we have Sr RHP Cameron Crapo, who didnt see the mound very much last year, and also JR LHP Dylan Kolarik coming back. Also look to see a whole lot of new faces.
[/quote]We watched Cameron pitch this summer for the Bandits and he was very tough on the mound.

[quote name="SETXSPORTSJUNKIE" post="752233" timestamp="1264892693"]
Who are the other new faces pitching for BH?
[/quote]

C. Asbury Jr.
G. Long  Soph.
K. Leggett  Soph.
B. Mcdonald Sr.
K. Thompson Soph.
I am sure there are some others but I couldnt think of the names right now, Maybe someone else can help me out with the list of new faces for BH  :)

[quote name="kindafunny" post="752473" timestamp="1264957109"]
[quote author=SETXSPORTSJUNKIE link=topic=65258.msg752233#msg752233 date=1264892693]
[/quote]

C. Asbury Jr.
G. Long  Soph.
K. Leggett  Soph.
B. Mcdonald Sr.
K. Thompson Soph.
I am sure there are some others but I couldnt think of the names right now, Maybe someone else can help me out with the list of new faces for BH  :)
[/quote]

I think I seen some of these kids last year when I was at the BH JV Tournament. From what I saw, they had some pretty good arms, but I can't remember their names. Who out there can tell me anything about them. Who from this list will get a lot of innings or start?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BigRed" post="752961" timestamp="1265042566"]
[quote author=kindafunny link=topic=65258.msg752473#msg752473 date=1264957109]
[quote author=SETXSPORTSJUNKIE link=topic=65258.msg752233#msg752233 date=1264892693]
[/quote]

C. Asbury Jr.
G. Long  Soph.
K. Leggett  Soph.
B. Mcdonald Sr.
K. Thompson Soph.
I am sure there are some others but I couldnt think of the names right now, Maybe someone else can help me out with the list of new faces for BH  :)
[/quote]

I think I seen some of these kids last year when I was at the BH JV Tournament. From what I saw, they had some pretty good arms, but I can't remember their names. Who out there can tell me anything about them. Who from this list will get a lot of innings or start?
[/quote]
From the Perfect Game Reports:

Grayson Long  

RHP   1B/OF   6-5 186
OF: 85     IF:      1B:      C:    Pop Time:  
Fast Ball Velocity: 87
60 yd: 7.82     40 yd:   Track Conditions:
PG Rating: 9    [?]

Grayson Long is a 2012 RHP/1B/OF with a 6'5'', 186 lb. frame from Baytown, TX who attends Barbers Hill HS. Long has a long lanky frame, good pitching body, good idea how to pitch, solid mix of three pitches, curve ball has 10-4 spin and could develop to a plus pitch, shows good arm action on change up, very high ceiling on the mound, one to watch. Hits from a wide even stance, solid contact guy, works middle away, defensively medium arm action, easy arm and has arm strength, good carry. He is also a very good student. Named to Top Prospect Team.

[b]They are young, but talented. We'll see how they handle the varsity grind in 19-4A.[b/]

[quote name="GCMPats" post="752972" timestamp="1265043043"]
[quote author=BigRed link=topic=65258.msg752961#msg752961 date=1265042566]
[/quote]

C. Asbury Jr.
G. Long  Soph.
K. Leggett  Soph.
B. Mcdonald Sr.
K. Thompson Soph.
I am sure there are some others but I couldnt think of the names right now, Maybe someone else can help me out with the list of new faces for BH  :)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Grayson Long  

RHP   1B/OF   6-5 186

Grayson Long is a 2012 RHP/1B/OF with a 6'5'', 186 lb. frame from Baytown, TX who attends Barbers Hill HS. Long has a long lanky frame, good pitching body, good idea how to pitch, solid mix of three pitches, curve ball has 10-4 spin and could develop to a plus pitch, shows good arm action on change up, very high ceiling on the mound, one to watch. Hits from a wide even stance, solid contact guy, works middle away, defensively medium arm action, easy arm and has arm strength, good carry. He is also a very good student. Named to Top Prospect Team.

[b]They are young, but talented. We'll see how they handle the varsity grind in 19-4A.[b/]
[/quote]

Well that's one kid. Does anyone else have anything on the others on this list? Sure would like to know what to expect from these young, but talented new faces!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BigRed" post="754065" timestamp="1265148084"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65258.msg752972#msg752972 date=1265043043]
[quote author=BigRed link=topic=65258.msg752961#msg752961 date=1265042566]
[/quote]

C. Asbury Jr.
G. Long  Soph.
K. Leggett  Soph.
B. Mcdonald Sr.
K. Thompson Soph.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Grayson Long  

RHP   1B/OF   6-5 186

[/quote]

Well that's one kid. Does anyone else have anything on the others on this list? Sure would like to know what to expect from these young, but talented new faces!
[/quote]

Sorry, that's all I got. Maybe we could get their Little League records.

"Sorry, that's all I got. Maybe we could get their Little League records."

Wow! I'm guessing your either not impressed or care to much with the rest of the kids on the list. To make a statement like that without knowing anything about them. Good job GCMPats! Time will tell.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BigRed" post="754079" timestamp="1265149316"]

Wow! I'm guessing your either not impressed or care to much with the rest of the kids on the list. To make a statement like that without knowing anything about them. Good job GCMPats! Time will tell.
[/quote]

Not that at all. Just not much "book" out there on them except for the Long kid. Very few varsity game innings on the entire staff. Does not mean anything except that their last "Big" game was probably in a District 17, 12 yr old all-star game. Nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="754086" timestamp="1265150445"]
[quote author=BigRed link=topic=65258.msg754079#msg754079 date=1265149316]

[/quote]

Not that at all. Just not much "book" out there on them except for the Long kid. Very few varsity game innings on the entire staff. Does not mean anything except that their last "Big" game was probably in a District 17, 12 yr old all-star game. Nothing more, nothing less.
[/quote]GCMPats your a real winner.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="The Patriot" post="754430" timestamp="1265208443"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65258.msg754086#msg754086 date=1265150445]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You obviously have missed the point here. It's not a "dig" on the Eagles or their abilities. It's one persons opinion on what they have pitching wise. They are young. Do we not agree on that? They have little varsity experience. Do we not agree on that? Playing on the Soph and JV team does not compare to playing in those games where a PLAYOFF position is on the line or if you lose you go home. That's the point! The last time these guys pitched in a game where if they or  their team was off, they did not advance was in LITTLE LEAGUE (not counting "select" tournaments in this discussion). Why does that opinion make me a "winner"? I have the utmost respect for the athletes at Barbers Hill. They compete and excel at EVERY sport on EVERY level. I have enjoyed the games between GCM and BH. To be the best, you have to play the best. I am not saying that these young kids will not come in and dominate 19-4A pitching wise this year. I'm just saying they have not truly been battle tested!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="754438" timestamp="1265209303"]
[quote author=The Patriot link=topic=65258.msg754430#msg754430 date=1265208443]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You obviously have missed the point here. It's not a "dig" on the Eagles or their abilities. It's one persons opinion on what they have pitching wise. They are young. Do we not agree on that? They have little varsity experience. Do we not agree on that? Playing on the Soph and JV team does not compare to playing in those games where a PLAYOFF position is on the line or if you lose you go home. That's the point! The last time these guys pitched in a game where if they or  their team was off, they did not advance was in LITTLE LEAGUE (not counting "select" tournaments in this discussion). Why does that opinion make me a "winner"? I have the utmost respect for the athletes at Barbers Hill. They compete and excel at EVERY sport on EVERY level. I have enjoyed the games between GCM and BH. To be the best, you have to play the best. I am not saying that these young kids will not come in and dominate 19-4A pitching wise this year. I'm just saying they have not truly been battle tested!
[/quote/ Last year all of BH pitchers with the exception of Alexa Rocha were first time pitchers at the varsity level and I believe one of them was first Team All District Pitcher and All Houston 4A First Team pitcher so you never know what is going to happen.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="The Patriot" post="754442" timestamp="1265209660"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65258.msg754438#msg754438 date=1265209303]
[quote author=The Patriot link=topic=65258.msg754430#msg754430 date=1265208443]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You obviously have missed the point here. It's not a "dig" on the Eagles or their abilities. It's one persons opinion on what they have pitching wise. They are young. Do we not agree on that? They have little varsity experience. Do we not agree on that? Playing on the Soph and JV team does not compare to playing in those games where a PLAYOFF position is on the line or if you lose you go home. That's the point! The last time these guys pitched in a game where if they or  their team was off, they did not advance was in LITTLE LEAGUE (not counting "select" tournaments in this discussion). Why does that opinion make me a "winner"? I have the utmost respect for the athletes at Barbers Hill. They compete and excel at EVERY sport on EVERY level. I have enjoyed the games between GCM and BH. To be the best, you have to play the best. I am not saying that these young kids will not come in and dominate 19-4A pitching wise this year. I'm just saying they have not truly been battle tested!
[/quote]Last year all of BH pitchers with the exception of Alexa Rocha were first time pitchers at the varsity level and I believe one of them was first Team All District Pitcher and All Houston 4A First Team pitcher so you never know what is going to happen.
[/quote]

And that's the "missing" link here. Someone like Daniel Mitchell or Blayne McDonald might just step in as Sr's this year and be "lights out". But, for the most part, the majority of the BH pitchers are young and with several talented teams returning in 19-4A this year, it's going to be tough sleding for a young inexperienced staff.

Cannot wait for Feb. 9th. Just hope this rain goes away soon.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="754524" timestamp="1265218666"]
Hey "Pats" what baseball team is Charlie Thames going to coach over there at GCM?
[/quote]

He will coach the sophomore team and work with all the pitchers. I can tell you he has had a HUGE impact on the pitching staff already. His knowledge, attention to detail and organization are unmatched.

Guest rambleonus
I was out at practice yesterday at KP and I don't like what I see. I don't see a 3peat for this year. Everyone can count K Park out of the running this year.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="754560" timestamp="1265221268"]
I was out at practice yesterday at KP and I don't like what I see. I don't see a 3peat for this year. Everyone can count K Park out of the running this year.
[/quote]

Ok. Will do. ;)

The two i look to be a impact as of now would be Mcdonald and Mitchell.  They are the seniors and have to step up, but I believe Leggett and Thompson got a little varsity pitching in last year.  The pitching a couple of weeks ago looked a little rusty, and for some that play for the select teams they did not look anymore impressive than the ones who don't, but nobody has true varsity experience in pitching, so the truth is we do not have a clue on how our pitching will be, and anything good or bad is a guess. I believe we have some athletes and by the time the second round of district roles around, our pitching will have gone through its growing pains and will be one of the better pitching staffs in the district. Hopefully by then Coach will have team in the positions they need to be in, to help support our pitchers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami