Your Teams report card so far?

aTmfan06

Just as everyone expected the Lions are on there way to having a State championship! The Lions are avg 96 ppg this season... Besides Yates I would think thats the highest in the state. In district games they avg 102ppg... Id give the lions a A+ so far. What about yalls teams?

Here is the Lions biggest concern:

They are so much better than everyone in their district that they will not be tested for almost 6 weeks once district is over.  Hopefully, that does not catch up with them come playoff time.  Their warm up game will be VERY important as they will need to play someone that can really test them in order to get a little taste of the playoffs after cruising for so long.

Sorry fella, wouldn't be much of a game at all.  No disrespect to Kountze but, Yates has proven that the top teams in the nation cannot beat them.  The best 5A's in Texas can't beat them.  There is no school in this area that would have a chance of staying within 50.  That being said, you shouldn't expect anything else when school teams are playing traveling AAU all-star squads.

[quote name="sal" post="749273" timestamp="1264436539"]
Here is the Lions biggest concern:

They are so much better than everyone in their district that they will not be tested for almost 6 weeks once district is over.  Hopefully, that does not catch up with them come playoff time.  Their warm up game will be VERY important as they will need to play someone that can really test them in order to get a little taste of the playoffs after cruising for so long.
[/quote]This is why it is so important to play every game like it is a championship, no matter if the teams are poor. You have to maintain that competitive /killer instinct mentality to stay in the game as they do. This is one of the problems people who talk against Yates don't understand.

I'll give my Lions an A- simply because we lost to a team like Hj. Not once, but twice and that is unacceptable. I know the 1st game of the season against Hj our superstar was fresh off the Football field. The 2nd lost is a lot more excusable and acceptable because of Where we were playing. What I hate about those losses is when we hang our Championship banner its going to show something like this 09-10 2a state champions Kountze Lions. 39-2*...yes with an asterisk!!! I wish we didn't have to put the records on there. lol

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="749330" timestamp="1264443745"]
Thats not a good warm up game for cleveland there district is already weak they need to play a big school and cleveland can beat them by 20+
[/quote]
hows it not a good warm up game? Kountze is one of if not the best 2A team in the state... Size doesnt mean anything... in 03 Kountze played 5A #1 Houston Milby who was ranked in the top 10 in the nation and kountze only lost by like 15 lol Plus Cleveland even played Spurger and beat them by 20 and I know Kountze would destroy spurger lol Kountze would not loose by 20... not saying they would win but they would not loose by that much.

Two schools in Tyler County look to be playoff caliber teams and this is how I score them;;
Spurger - A-/B+  This team has two intangibles that cannot be measured; character and heart. They have fought through devastating injuries and never once complained.  The bench and lack of inconsistency could be the weak links of this team.  Having said that this team has the potential to go all the way "if" it can get consistent intimidatiing play in the middle. Coach Isaacs certainly gets everything and then some from his starting five.

Woodville - B+ This team needs to learn how to put teams away.  Too often they get a lead and give it back.  With the exception of a few this team cannot shoot free throws very well and we know in tight playoff games that will be key.  This team is quick and athletic.  They can play tough defense and are explosive on offensive.  How deep they go in the playoffs will depend on how hungry they are to play a full 32 minutes?

cleveland couldnt beat kountze by 20 in cleveland cmon now last time these teams played kountze did not have devin bray or zay mcdaniel and kountze won by 20 in cleveland lol... as far as Yates beating ktz by 50 i would put my money on ktz in that spread no way the lions lose by more than 50 unless they are playing at yates gym thats a different story

Ya'll gotta get off the "good stuff"  NO ONE in this area can play within 50 of Yates.  Take of them rose colored glasses.  And it don't matter if ya'll playing down at the Kountze park.

[quote name="sal" post="749372" timestamp="1264449764"]
Ya'll gotta get off the "good stuff"  NO ONE in this area can play within 50 of Yates.  Take of them rose colored glasses.  And it don't matter if ya'll playing down at the Kountze park.
[/quote]
LOL You must be the president of the Yates fan club:) hows that goin for you?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124