Lamar loses to Texas St. in OT

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="748843" timestamp="1264351555"]Last night's attendance of 3,454 is the largest crowd so far this season in all of the SLC.[/quote]

What's it with Lamar fans and attendance figures? First, the TXST attendance remark which was off by 4-5k and now this? Guess it's to be expected on a board in which non-Lamar SLC talk is not allowed...

UCA drew roughly 1,800 more fans last week for a win over Nicholls...

[quote]On the night the school retired Scottie Pippen’s jersey in front of a raucous crowd of 5,297, Chappell quietly reached a coaching milestone that has been 15 years in the making.[/quote]

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=6&article=3475

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="748861" timestamp="1264354166"]Just going by what the PA announcer said last night. BTW, what's Sam's largest crowd this year?[/quote]

I am sure you can ask the PA announcer at Lamar! He seems to be getting good numbers from somewhere...  ::)

Looks like our top crowds were 1787 against TXST and 1564 against SFA. The TXST game was the first one back for the students while SFA was prior to the "re-arrival" after the break at semester and as I've said before, unlike Lamar, which relies on the community, SHSU basketball relies more on the students. Figure we'll start topping 2000 pretty soon and if in position for something special at the end, 2500 to 3000 easy, like it was in in 03.

Guest coachacola
Ask the players if they give a crap about attendance.  I bet they will all say yes.  Ask the AD if he cares about how many season tickets or even game day tickets are sold.  I bet he cares a lot since the AD budgets in the SLC aren't exactly overflowing with money, especially since it's a one and done league every year.

I'm still somewhat amazed the LU leads the SLC in attendance every year despite not having that many good teams.  I bet if LU ever tries to move up to a better conference, the attendance at their games will be a plus.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="748866" timestamp="1264355825"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65152.msg748861#msg748861 date=1264354166]Just going by what the PA announcer said last night. BTW, what's Sam's largest crowd this year?[/quote]

I am sure you can ask the PA announcer at Lamar! He seems to be getting good numbers from somewhere...  ::)

Looks like our top crowds were 1787 against TXST and 1564 against SFA. The TXST game was the first one back for the students while SFA was prior to the "re-arrival" after the break at semester and as I've said before, unlike Lamar, which relies on the community, SHSU basketball relies more on the students. Figure we'll start topping 2000 pretty soon and if in position for something special at the end, 2500 to 3000 easy, like it was in in 03.
[/quote]I think he was talking about SHSU basketball, not football.        Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol.

[quote name="UNLV" post="748884" timestamp="1264358755"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=65152.msg748866#msg748866 date=1264355825]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65152.msg748861#msg748861 date=1264354166]Just going by what the PA announcer said last night. BTW, what's Sam's largest crowd this year?[/quote]

[/quote]I think he was talking about SHSU basketball, not football.        Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol.
[/quote]

LMAO!!!!  Good one UNLV.

[quote name="whsalum" post="748966" timestamp="1264376969"]
Careful AAW, I saw Sam Houston a couple of times this year and while their crowd was down (it was during the break) their club was pretty dog gone good.I have watched LU for years but they are gonna have to make some huge strides to beat the bearcats this year.
[/quote]

Who was talking about winning? The convo was about attendance, or in Sam's case, the lack of. ;D

I'm dreaming for a second.  Could you imagine if our men's basketball team had the success of SHSU's???  We are awful and we consistently draw over 3,000.  SHSU beats the crap out of us every year and only draws 1700???  That is pathetic!!!!  WTF is Marlin still there??  That dude can flat out coach.  He and Kaspar just put on a clinic when they play against us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder