*ORANGEFIELD @ SILSBEE BROADCAST THREAD*/SILSBEE WINS 50-33!!!

Guest ST4life
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="748341" timestamp="1264221824"]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=65067.msg748330#msg748330 date=1264220611]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=65067.msg748256#msg748256 date=1264216010]
What happened too P. Hill??
[/quote]
The next time he will return might be the last 2 district games  :'(

[/quote]What do you mean?  What happened to him.  Dude has to be one of the best defensive players I've seen in a while.
[/quote]
No pass no play  :(

I can see everybody in HJ having a party tonight after hearing about this news

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ST4life" post="748349" timestamp="1264222105"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65067.msg748341#msg748341 date=1264221824]
[/quote]

[/quote]What do you mean?  What happened to him.  Dude has to be one of the best defensive players I've seen in a while.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, didn't want to play ya"ll without Ricossa and don't want to play ya"ll without Hill.

Guest ST4life
[quote name="shackbully" post="748353" timestamp="1264222298"]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=65067.msg748349#msg748349 date=1264222105]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65067.msg748341#msg748341 date=1264221824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, didn't want to play ya"ll without Ricossa and don't want to play ya"ll without Hill.
[/quote]
Looks like HJ will have Ricossa

But Silsbee will not have Hill

Scoring for both teams:

Orangefield

Bryden Smith      10
Zach Hayes         8  (9 rebounds)
Christian Hollan     6
Derrick Evans       4
Logan Moss          2
Garrett Granger     2
Dylan Cole            1

Silsbee

Prentice Lane        19
Avory Thomas        12 (10 boards, 9 block shots)
D.C. Stallworth        7  ( 11 rebounds)
Kendrick Jones         6  ( 8 rebounds, 3 block shots)
Xavior Harris            4
Kelton Gaines           2

Score by quarters

1      2       3      4      tot

Orangefield             9      15      8      1       33
Silsbee                   6      15     16     13      50

Silsbee was 12/16, 75% from the foul line, Orangefield was 8/15, 53%.

Silsbee shot 20% form 3 point land, 2/10, while Orangefield was 3/13, 23%.

Silsbee out rebounded Orangefield, 39-25. Stallworth and Thomas led Silsbee with 11 and 10 boards. Hayes led Orangefield with 9.

Silsbee had 14 block shots as a team, with Thomas collecting 9 of them.

Silsbee had 13 turnovers and Orangefield had 15.

Silsbee struggled tonight. The 6 points in the first quarter is their lowest output for a quarter this season. The Tigers were ice cold from the field in the first 2 quarters, missing several shots from the outside. Silsbee was 0-6 from 3 point line in the first half. Give credit to the Bobcats defense. They stayed in the 2-3 zone and forced the Tigers to shoot outside. They collapsed down inside on the Tigers bigmen and congested the lane when the Silsbee guards tried to penetrate. It was a great job by Orangefield defensively. The half ended on a Zach Hayes halfcourt shot to give the Bobcats a 3 point lead, 24-21.

In the second half Silsbee finally started to get the offense going as they were able to hit a couple of 3's which helped open up the inside. The Tigers also hit the offensive glass much better in the second half getting some easy buckets underneath. After the Tigers got the lead, they then spread their offense out, forcing Orangefield to come out of their zone and go man-to-man. Silsbee took advantage of this by being able to penetrate and dish off to the big fellas inside. Silsbee's defense also stepped it up in the second half, limiting Orangefield to just one shot on a possesion and forced a few turnovers. Orangefield scored only 9 points in the second half, 1 point the entire 4th quarter. Sisbee was also 7-7 from the free throw line down the stretch.

Silsbee was led by Prentice Lane's 19 points. He struggled at the start, going 2 for 10 from the field, but he kept working to get inside and finally started scoring on the drive. Lane hit 2 three pointers in the second half to help spurt the Tigers on their way to the win. Also Avory Thomas had another big night, getting 12 points, 10 rebounds and 9 block shots. He was a real force defensively in the second half, getting 6 of his block shots in the second half.

This was a tough game for the Tigers having to play without their leading scorer Pheal Hill. But, Silsbee will have to make the adjustments the next 5 games.

Orangefield played tough tonight. They had a great game plan and stuck to it. Coach Wrinkle did a great job in preparing the Bobcats for tonight's game.

Another win for the Tigers, barely.

[quote name="ST4life" post="748366" timestamp="1264222960"]
Losing Hill is like HJ losing Turner
Just imagine if you are HJ and you had to play Silsbee without Turner ???

[/quote]If its for the 6 weeks then he should be back for the play-offs, eh?  This will give his backups a chance to step up. 

This may not be a total loss in the long run. 

For instance, I saw some improvement in Will Anderson's play after Ricossa went down.  This benefits HJ now when Ricossa takes a breather.

No, if Hill comes back, this is certainly not a show-stopper.

Pheal will definitely be missed.  I think the biggest part of that will be his ability to take the ball to the hole.  Yes his quickness will be missed greatly on defense but I have been impressed with Gaines defense,  maybe not as good as Hills but he still does a pretty good job and is fairly quick himself.  I do believe Turner would be a tougher loss for the Hawks, just because I am not sure that they would have a player on the bench that could come close to his speed and defense.  He and Pheal bring some of the same type of athletic qualities,  I just don't know if H-J has anyone similar to replace Turner with. That is not a knock at H-J,  just a compliment on Turners athleticism.

Guest ST4life
[quote name="shackbully" post="748368" timestamp="1264223192"]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=65067.msg748366#msg748366 date=1264222960]
[b]Just imagine if you are HJ and you had to play Silsbee without Turner [/b] ???

[/quote]

Don't want to and you can't make us!!
[/quote]

I wonder If the coaches will agree to sit the Seniors  :D

Can you imagine watching a match up that would consist of:

HJ

Gustafson
Sutherland
Prudhomme
Persohn
Anderson

Vs.

Silsbee

Gaines
Lane
Stallworth
Barrett
Harris

Lets see if they will do it  ;D

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="748372" timestamp="1264223586"]

[/quote]If its for the 6 weeks then he should be back for the play-offs, eh?  This will give his backups a chance to step up. 

For instance, I saw some improvement in Will Anderson's play after Ricossa went down.  This benefits HJ now when Ricossa takes a breather.

[/quote]

I believe it will be three weeks.

Guest ST4life
[quote name="ST413" post="748377" timestamp="1264223725"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=65067.msg748372#msg748372 date=1264223586]

[/quote]If its for the 6 weeks then he should be back for the play-offs, eh?  This will give his backups a chance to step up.  

For instance, I saw some improvement in Will Anderson's play after Ricossa went down.  This benefits HJ now when Ricossa takes a breather.

[/quote]

I believe it will be three weeks.

[/quote]
3 weeks is correct

That means he could be back for the last 2 district games

I agree that it will be a tough 5 games to have to play without Hill, but I have all the confidence in the world in the other Tiger players to be able and step up and take care of business until Pheal comes back.

Silsbee got a taste of it tonight and I think the players and the coaching staff will be prepared for the remainder of the district schedule, with or without Hill. The Tigers have had to play a few games already this year minus a star player or two and have come out victorious. Silsbee did not have Hill and Harris for the New Waverly game, won that one. They also did not have Stallworth for the second half of the West Brook game and for the all of the Kelly and Spurger games, and still won those games. Stallworth's first game back was the district opener against WOS and his minutes were limited. Tigers won that @ WOS by 25.

Again, Silsbee has the team to overcome the loss of a player or two for a small amount of time. Hill will be back for the last 2 district games and then the playoffs. In the mean time, the Tigers will do their best without him. I do admit though, the HJ game at home just got a lot tougher.

Guest ST4life
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="748381" timestamp="1264223874"]
I agree that it will be a tough 5 games to have to play without Hill, but I have all the confidence in the world in the other Tiger players to be able and step up and take care of business until Pheal comes back.

Silsbee got a taste of it tonight and I think the players and the coaching staff will be prepared for the remainder of the district schedule, with or without Hill. The Tigers have had to play a few games already this year minus a start player or two and have come out victorious. Silsbee did not have Hill and Harris for the New Waverly game, won that one. They also did not have Stallworth for the second half of the West Brook game and for the all of the Kelly and Spurger games, and still won those games. Stallworth's first game back was the district opener against WOS and his minutes were limited. Tigers won that @ WOS by 25.

Again, Silsbee has the team to overcome the loss of a player or two for a small amount of time. Hill will be back for the last 2 district games and then the playoffs. In the mean time, the Tigers will do their best without him. I do admit though, the HJ game at home just got a lot tougher.
[/quote]
Amen!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="748381" timestamp="1264223874"]

Silsbee got a taste of it tonight and I think the players and the coaching staff will be prepared for the remainder of the district schedule, with or without Hill. The Tigers have had to play a few games already this year minus a star player or two and have come out victorious. Silsbee did not have Hill and Harris for the New Waverly game, won that one. They also did not have Stallworth for the second half of the West Brook game and for the all of the Kelly and Spurger games, and still won those games. Stallworth's first game back was the district opener against WOS and his minutes were limited. Tigers won that @ WOS by 25.

[/quote]

Could not have said it better.  It is just a shame it had to happen. 

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="748446" timestamp="1264231060"]
[font=Courier]Someone texted me and said Orangefield got hosed big time on calls....true?[/font]
[/quote]

Not true.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Silsbee shot 16 free throws, Orangefield shot 15. Silsbee had 16 team fouls, Orangefield had 17. Silsbee had the only player to foul out, post Kendrick Jones.

Silsbee although they will be without one of their leaders in Pheal Hill for several weeks will not miss a beat!!!!  They are deep and have plenty of support around him!!!!  Pheal get your grades up and get back in the game.......your team relies on you for leadership!!!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="748453" timestamp="1264232346"]
Silsbee although they will be without one of their leaders in Pheal Hill for several weeks will not miss a beat!!!!  They are deep and have plenty of support around him!!!!  Pheal get your grades up and get back in the game.......your team relies on you for leadership!!!!!
[/quote]

Very classy, ZEEK!  Thank you.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="748446" timestamp="1264231060"]
[font=Courier]Someone texted me and said Orangefield got hosed big time on calls....true?[/font]
[/quote]

HoopCoop, thanks for checking this out before jumping on it.  Your "Texter" must have been someone close to the Orangefield program who was swept up in the emotions of the game.  Orangefield had a good scheme planned and working against the Tigers.  They were in the game the whole time.  There was no hosing as evidenced by the stats that AAW showed.  Orangefield's efforts were severely thwarted by the Zach Hayes injury (sprained ankle ? early in the game).  Zach couldn't play his usual game after that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder