Silsbee vs Lcm

oodooo

Alright, I shouldn't have tried to single out a specific player, but I didn't intend to though. I guess I should've made it more blatant that I was using one game as a reference to the increase in unsporting conduct in the area. Granted I realize soccer has contact, and there isn't too much that can be done about that. I am referring to the cheap shots and lack of respect for the game that has shown up lately. The Silsbee and Lcm game was just the most recent example. But I will draw on the fact that other threads have criticized teams for the poor play and dirty plays yet they have remained posted.

I was upset with the ways that slide talking from behind has become customary and also the fact a player is allowed to take 6 steps to hit a guy, then another guy can come off the bench and hit the same player without any impediment. The score was 6-2. I don't know what individual players scored, but I do know that Silsbee cycled goalies.

There was a "fight" in this game, which i'm sure is what this post is reffering to.

An LCM player commited a hard foul on a Silsbee player. The LCM player was walking away with his back turned to the Silsbee player, when the Silsbee player ran after the LCM player and punched him in the side of the face from behind his back. The result was a couple of players already on the field pushing and shoving to seperate teammates, and the Silsbee bench (which was closest to the action) clearing and most of the players coming on the field. One of the players from the Silsbee bench proceeded the blindside the same LCM player (who was barely on his feet, stumbling around, and clearly unable to defend himself) with another hit to the side of the face. Coaches from both teams performed admirably in keeping their players out of the scenario and keeping the event from escalating, excluding the one extra player who entered in. Red cards were administered to both players from Silsbee, and a yellow to the LCM player. The LCM player suffered no serious injuries, but i believe the second person to hit him recieved a broken hand.

For the record, I've seen a clear video of this incident numerous times and own a copy myself.

To LCM and Silsbee Athletes,Coaches,and Fans:

I'd like to apologize for my actions during the LCM vs. Silsbee soccer game on January 15,2010.
I now realize that my actions were not only inappropriate, but extremely dangerous. I feel that I have disrespected my fellow athletes, my coaches, my family, and myself. Most of all, I'd like to personally and sincerely apologize to the LCM athlete whom I hope is not injured. I hope that other student athletes will take note of the grief that this incident has caused for everyone involved.

Silsbee Soccer #10

[quote name="oodooo" post="747532" timestamp="1264102310"]
None as far as I know to this point.
[/quote]  1puncher suspended 3 game 2nd puncher off team, assigned to alternative campus.  His punishment worse because he was not the one slide tackled and was on the bench at time of incident.  community of silsbee condemns actions of both boys.  boys are known to be good kids who have not been in trouble before.  Rumor is that both are facing charges

No such action can be condoned. It is clearly wrong and indefensible. Stepping up and taking responsibility with a sincere apology is a start. These boys will learn that there are consquences to their actions and bad decisons whether spur of the moment or on the field or off the bench. On the other hand, if the LCM kid is not injured(and I hope he is not), I would urge that crimminal charges not be filed. Every kid makes mistakes and deserves a second chance. Let's resist the run to the courthouse mentality.
I read recently that Pat Tillman, generally considered a modern hero, spent time in a juvenile facility for a high school fight. Glad he was given a second chance.

I agree with watash.  I do not condone this behavior and punishment should fit the deed.  If this is a first offense though, I disagree with charges being filed.  Everyone makes mistakes, he's living with the consequences.  Previous behavior should be considered.  Let's not mess up a teenager's future from a (hopefully) isolated incident.

To LCM and Silsbee Athletes, Coches, and Fans:

I would also like to apologize for my blatant actions at the LCM vs. Silsbee soccer game on January 5, 2010.
I understand that soccer is a contact sport and that you may get slide tackled from behind. I should have held my temper and shouldn't have pursued the LCM player. I sincerely apologize to the LCM player that my teammate and I hit. I hope that my fellow athletes, coaches and fans consider my condolences.

Silsbee Soccer # 9 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83