[quote name="CATMAN" post="744695" timestamp="1263620028"]
[quote author=court side link=topic=64767.msg744694#msg744694 date=1263619903]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=64767.msg744688#msg744688 date=1263619544]
Cleveland-119
Tarkington-57
[/quote]Is this the final catman? :o :o
[/quote] Yes
[/quote]WOW!!!
I thought it would have been more a of game then this.
CLEVELANDS for real ;D ;D ;D

I've been to a few Cleveland games and if the Indians that showed up tonight against Tarkington are the same Indians that run into the Tigers. . .Silsbee ain't got a chance!!! Sorry aggiesarewe, 15 of 23 from the three point line is hard to stop. I understand it was Tarkington, but this years Cleveland team is legit.

SIDE NOTE: I have been to two Tarkington games, Tarkington/New Waverly & Tarkington/Cleveland. TARKINGTON FANS, GET A GRIP! Best I can tell based on past performance this is the best team Tarkington has had in several years, but the fans are about as negative toward the coaching staff as fans come. They complain about the defense and the playing time. Cheer for kids as individuals and not the team as a whole. It's really depressing to hear. The bottom line is these kids are pretty good when they show up. But after watching them play NW to 8 and then the blow out tonight, sometimes the kids play really hard and other times they just give up. If they come to play I say they can take second in their district, but if they don't I believe Liberty could take 'em. I just hope their fans can get on board with the coaching staff and pump these kids up to play hard and finish the season with a possible playoff opportunity. Come on now guys, if you know so much about the game then apply for the job and get rid of that little leage mindset  :-\

[quote name="whsalum" post="744728" timestamp="1263622320"]
In playoff basketball coaching is worth a 10 point swing and Silsbee gets the edge there.
[/quote]

I will partially agree. . .the Tigers definitely know how to play when they get in deep, but Broussard has a state title under his belt as an assistant he has spent plenty of time in the playoffs in the past ten years. Those cleveland boys are juniors this year and they lost a very close overtime game to a very good HJ team last year as sophomores. They have a pretty bitter taste in their mouth and will definitely come out firing on all cylinders.

[quote name="whsalum" post="744739" timestamp="1263623461"]
I was at the playoff game last year and was impressed with the Indians but thought they abandoned the inside game which wound up costing them the ball game.The HJ/Silsbee rivalry always prepares those two teams for the playoffs.
[/quote]

That game is a great preperation for the Tigers and Hawks. Great atmosphere.  I am really anxious to see how the two match up this year.  I have seen both play and both have looked good. It will be interesting to see how the tigers respond to HJ's pressure and how the Hawks handle the Tiger's size advantage.  Then in the playoffs either team will have their hands full with Cleveland.  I haven't seen them this year but know they are real good and want to prove something to HJ or the Tigers.

[quote name="UKCats" post="744724" timestamp="1263622006"]
SIDE NOTE: I have been to two Tarkington games, Tarkington/New Waverly & Tarkington/Cleveland. TARKINGTON FANS, GET A GRIP! Best I can tell based on past performance this is the best team Tarkington has had in several years, but the fans are about as negative toward the coaching staff as fans come. They complain about the defense and the playing time. Cheer for kids as individuals and not the team as a whole. It's really depressing to hear. The bottom line is these kids are pretty good when they show up. But after watching them play NW to 8 and then the blow out tonight, sometimes the kids play really hard and other times they just give up. If they come to play I say they can take second in their district, but if they don't I believe Liberty could take 'em. I just hope their fans can get on board with the coaching staff and pump these kids up to play hard and finish the season with a possible playoff opportunity. Come on now guys, if you know so much about the game then apply for the job and get rid of that little leage mindset  :-\
[/quote]

I wasn't aware there was an opening.

I almost took the bait and editorialized on the uninformed comments you make but the forums is no place for that, some of the kids read this stuff...

Cleveland is good, very good, and they deserve credit for that, but not 62 points better than Tarkington from a pure talent standpoint. From all the comments made on here to the tune of "well, it was Tarkington after all" one would think some people believe Tarkington is some place where all the athletic rejects go. Do you think "our" kids are genetically inferior? That the water or nutrition in Tarkington is poor? That they should be satisfied with "going" to the playoffs and if they get drummed by the likes of Silsbee, Hj or whoever then thats good enough? What do you think the REAL difference is? You may want to do some thinking on that before you start taking mischaracterizing pot shots at "the fans" for being frustrated.

BTW, little league basketball starts in Tarkington later today. Each player will play 2 quarters regardless of ability, preparation, or effort. I agree we need to get rid of that "little league mindset" as you put it.

Cleveland is a fun team to watch but I agree that playing games that are basically not very competitive will hurt them come playoff time. I still think they will do very well in the playoffs and the entertainment level in those games will be high.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder