Lumberton Coach R. Wolf Gholson

I think only 6 wins this year so far with a very young team. Also lost two sophomore starters with injury.  So I would say he has had a rough season. Parents have not made the season any easier for him.
I guess that goes along with losing games. But from my point of view, he is doing the best he can with what he has. You can always find a way to second guess any coaching moves. I refuse to do that. (anymore!  ;D )

It's very difficult for a new coach to come to a new school and have immediate success. Add to that, injuries to starters and it becomes even harder. What I do know, is this. Coach Gholson has been coming to the Jr High practices and relaying to the coaches at that level the kind of things that he wants them to work on. I was pleased to see that. Lumberton parents have had great expectations as most parents do. A recent trip to the State Tournament makes those expectations grow. I hope we can have patience enough to give this coach a chance. It is easier for me to say this with my girls being in Jr high. I feel for the seniors and all of the girls that are trying very hard to turn things around in L-town. Keep your chin up girls and keep trying hard!

Guest bleed orange
Hey Poppabearstar there is a lot of drama on the boys side. Why can't we just all get along. ;D ;D ;D This team is better than that team and this kid is better than that kid. Wow, the message board has moved to a new deminsion it is called the twilight zone.

[quote name="LR2014" post="747562" timestamp="1264107247"]
It's very difficult for a new coach to come to a new school and have immediate success. Add to that, injuries to starters and it becomes even harder. What I do know, is this. Coach Gholson has been coming to the Jr High practices and relaying to the coaches at that level the kind of things that he wants them to work on. I was pleased to see that. Lumberton parents have had great expectations as most parents do. A recent trip to the State Tournament makes those expectations grow. I hope we can have patience enough to give this coach a chance. It is easier for me to say this with my girls being in Jr high. I feel for the seniors and all of the girls that are trying very hard to turn things around in L-town. Keep your chin up girls and keep trying hard!
[/quote]

Listen to the coach and play hard...simple enough.

I got a chance to see the Lumberton Jr high play @ LC last night.  Who is the LJH point guard #10?  I was very impressed with her play.

I have been watching this team all year long.  it is very sad that the lady raiders lost their two best players to injury, but i don't really think it is making that big of difference. 

without bashing the coach too much, i will just say that he  is WAY too involved with the parents.  i know lumberton has a reputation for delusional parents, and this case is no different.  it's sad when a coach is so easily influenced by parents who can not recognize that they are hurting the team with their desperate pleas for their child's playing time.

i feel bad for the young girls who have no business on the varsity floor yet.  i guess it is good that they are getting some experience this season.  all i know is, it's very painful to watch.  it's almost like the coach doesn't have any method to his madness.  the girls don't work on shooting or dribbling fundamentals in practice and it really shows in the games. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124