ec @ ktz updates

Guest rykerx144
I wanted to watch this game and should have went but since KFDM was broadcasting it I deceided to stay home and watch it.  Boy that was a mistake!  Thats OK.  I enjoyed listening to the Silsbee game on here and could keep up with updates from Central and EC so it turned out ok.  Thanks SETXSPORTS! 

Also freshman guard jamaston powell is back... he played on the freshman team against EC but i look for this guy to make it to varsity before the playoffs start... It would be nice if he got on the starting 5 at PG that way Zey mcdaniel could move over to SG or SF... he is doin good at PG but he is really having to play out of position.

[quote name="utfan06" post="743264" timestamp="1263399816"]
[b]Also freshman guard jamaston powell is back... he played on the freshman team against EC but i look for this guy to make it to varsity before the playoffs start... [/b] It would be nice if he got on the starting 5 at PG that way Zey mcdaniel could move over to SG or SF... he is doin good at PG but he is really having to play out of position.
[/quote]

How did he look? I do think he will be on the varsity squad before the regular season ends, but I dont think he'll crack the starting 5. The team has alot of chemistry right now and throwing him in there could possibly affect that. I do believe he'll get some decent playing time though. If he would have started the year on the varsity squad that would be a different story...

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="743078" timestamp="1263360804"]
[font=Courier]EC played well for 2 quarters and got tired in the 3rd qtr. Lacking a true PG hurt them.

33 for EC, their big man, got a tech in the 2nd qtr and sat the rest of the game. [/font]
[/quote] EC coach showed class and integreity by setting 33 for the tech he got when he and 15 for Kounze got dubbel techs.  His lost realy cost the bucs on the boards but he should have keep his mouth shut. And it is clear who is running the Kounze team, That was the first time in all the yearts that I have watch High school ball that I saw a coach send a player on the floor and the other player tell he he was not comming out. That player has tons of ibility but would not play for most coaches that I have seen. But EC did play a very good game and the dunks and alley oops were not there for Kounze they only had one brakeaway dunks and EC ansewerd right back with a dunk of there own. You also can see why Kounze uses UIL for there games. There is a whole lot of playground plays allowed that will not be in the State playoffs.

EC coach showed class and integreity by setting 33 for the tech he got when he and 15 for Kounze got dubbel techs.  His lost realy cost the bucs on the boards but he should have keep his mouth shut. And it is clear who is running the Kounze team, That was the first time in all the yearts that I have watch High school ball that I saw a coach send a player on the floor and the other player tell he he was not comming out. That player has tons of ibility but would not play for most coaches that I have seen. But EC did play a very good game and the dunks and alley oops were not there for Kounze they only had one brakeaway dunks and EC ansewerd right back with a dunk of there own. You also can see why Kounze uses UIL for there games. There is a whole lot of playground plays allowed that will not be in the State playoffs.

Perhaps sitting 33 showed a little class. Not sitting a player that gets a tech, does not mean there is less class.  A double tech should not have been called at that point. Bray was at the line ready to shoot free throws when 33 walked by and said something.  A double tech should have been called early when players were jawing at each other.  I think the refs should have had a better hand in the foul calling, lots of physical play by both teams, and trash talking by both teams.
The EC coach even got a tech.  The player did not tell him he wasnt coming out, he asked could he stay just another minute, and he was allowed, he was walking toward the bench when Joubert said no stay in.  Joubert runs this team without a doubt, and the players know it. If you knew Joubert, you would know he is the one in charge, it won't be any other way.  Dunks are a part of basketball, State games included.  EC tried a alley last night also, playground style, just didnt work out. 

You have prob. watched more KZ games than I have but the two that I have seen that kid in the HJ game when he got his 4 foul goes to the bench and when the coach tryed to talk to him he put his hand in the coaches face and turn away. I have that on film So if tha this what you call control I just disagree. He kid has great ability just is ,to me, to much of showoff. Dont see any collage coach putting up with the Attituade. As far as showing class for setting a player for getting a tech and can clearly see that is not the case in Kounze seeing they had two players get tech for running their mouths. But looks like that is OK in Kounze.

I totally disagree with this when Kountze and Silsbee played at Ozen Coach Joubert got after both of his stars and sat them when they were screwing up, he is a good coach and knows that he is doing with his players.

Also how do you know what the coach's policy is on technical fouls? So East Chambers sat their kid, How do you know the kids for Kountze wont be running tomorrow for a long period of time? Its easy to judge from the outside looking in ::)

I saw that HJ game also, saw the hand, its a matter of interpretation, was it a hand in the face, or just a blow off, that the player disagreed with the refs call?  The Kountze players respect their coach.  They also run their butts off for mistakes, turnovers, misses, techs, etc.  Joubert has class and control, there is no doubt about that. 

First of all I was watching very closely when the double tech was called, what happend was after the foul was called devin brey went to the free throw line bent over to catch his breath # 33 walked by running his mouth just like he did from the moment he got into the game,  I could see devins mouth , it did NOT open but the ref i guess the ref assumed that devin said something but he didnt...and the only reason #33 does what he does is because he is 6'5 lol not trying to rip the guy but if someone is gonna talk him up and he is gonna run his mouth than he needs to back it up. And as far as the dunk that EC had thats all kool but they were down by 25 so doesnt really matter. EC has no guard play, that really hurts them.

I was trying to be humble but T.B need to be swag checked...1st of all "True-Blue" you need to come to more Ktz games before you try 2 diss or judge our players and coach! Joubert is the coach and the only thing bray is "Running" is sprints in practice and the score up on E.C...lol We all know #33 is your son and Bray was doing just fine before your son ran his mouth. If he wants to talk noise then he needs to back it up on the court and not on his way to the Bench. "He should be judged instead of Bray" Maybe you shouldve stayed in Evadale if your gonna be critical of Bray and Joubert. Oops, I forgot yall moved cuz he couldn't break the starting line-up and couldn't get along with his cousin which happen to be the H.C! All I'm saying is you can back your son but make sure he's backing it up on the court..Untill then, keep ur childish comments  to urself bruh! You have been "Swagged"

[quote name="swag" post="744084" timestamp="1263514942"]
I was trying to be humble but T.B need to be swag checked...1st of all "True-Blue" you need to come to more Ktz games before you try 2 diss or judge our players and coach! Joubert is the coach and the only thing bray is "Running" is sprints in practice and the score up on E.C...lol We all know #33 is your son and Bray was doing just fine before your son ran his mouth. If he wants to talk noise then he needs to back it up on the court and not on his way to the Bench. "He should be judged instead of Bray" Maybe you shouldve stayed in Evadale if your gonna be critical of Bray and Joubert. Oops, I forgot yall moved cuz he couldn't break the starting line-up and couldn't get along with his cousin which happen to be the H.C! All I'm saying is you can back your son but make sure he's backing it up on the court..Untill then, keep ur childish comments  to urself bruh! You have been "Swagged"
[/quote]

;D ;D

[quote name="True Blue" post="743622" timestamp="1263437490"]
You have prob. watched more KZ games than I have but the two that I have seen that kid in the HJ game when he got his 4 foul goes to the bench and when the coach tryed to talk to him he put his hand in the coaches face and turn away. I have that on film So if tha this what you call control I just disagree. He kid has great ability just is ,to me, to much of showoff. Dont see any collage coach putting up with the Attituade. As far as showing class for setting a player for getting a tech and can clearly see that is not the case in Kounze seeing they had two players get tech for running their mouths. But looks like that is OK in Kounze.
[/quote]

You have a film of Ktz. Hahaha. Hey this dude is a "Fan of Ours" get off before you get pregnant dude. He was blowing off the ref call. If you wouldn't have been in Evadale then you would understand why the kid was upset at HJ. Its a long story about Hj and their refs but u get the point. Just because Devin plays with a lot of emotion and passion doesn't mean he's a show-off. Tell me this, Why when we throw alley oops were showing off. Its just a back door lob. Its not our fault teams can't get back and don't have the ability to jump with us. Isn't it the same as Hj players are the "shooter" hitting a 3 then holding up 3 fingers in the air or sometimes defenders face. Now that's showing off. What's the difference. I see plenty of kids doing that. Not just Hj, but they do it the most cuz they shoot the most. No disrespect.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124