Proposition for Bluedove

Guest stevenash

Guest stevenash
I think you and I should meet whenever the HF 8th grade(I think these are the future state champs) plays against the HJ 8th grade team.  Would you be interested in that?

[quote name="stevenash" post="742236" timestamp="1263238302"]
I think you and I should meet whenever the HF 8th grade(I think these are the future state champs) plays against the HJ 8th grade team.  Would you be interested in that?
[/quote]Dont do it dove, this guy can make the rims tilt any direction, expand or contract at the flip of a switch........if he ever turns completely evil he will be a menace to all mankind......

[quote name="WJBooger" post="742325" timestamp="1263247499"]
[quote author=tokenwb link=topic=64619.msg742306#msg742306 date=1263244387]
I think it is the HF 7th grade who are the future state champs.
[/quote]

I believe he is banking on when the current 7th and 8th graders merge in high school. They should form a very competitive group.
[/quote]I thought Silsbee would be state champs at that time. ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="742236" timestamp="1263238302"]
[/quote]Nash, no problem. But HJ has no answer for 8th graders this year. Your boy was scared to driblle the ball after it was stolen from him several times. See, I try and be nice on here but you have no idea whats about to hit the district by 2012.  Oh, I'm pretty easy to find at HJ/HF game.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="742336" timestamp="1263249081"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=64619.msg742236#msg742236 date=1263238302]
[/quote]Nash, no problem. But HJ has no answer for 8th graders this year. Your boy was scared to driblle the ball after it was stolen from him several times. See, I try and be nice on here but you have no idea whats about to hit the district by 2012.  Oh, I'm pretty easy to find at HJ/HF game.
[/quote]

If I am hearing you correctly, the outcome of the game is a foregone conclusion and there really is no need for it to be played?

Guest stevenash
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="742360" timestamp="1263253235"]
I'll put Silsbee's 8th grade team up against anyone's.

They have yet to lose a game, from last year to this year.
[/quote]

If the Silsbee 8th grade is as good as you say, that will help carry on the basketball excellence in Silsbee.  However, judging from the performance of the 9th grade team last year, the 8th graders of this year will be sorely needed.

[/quote]My point is this: Silsbee 8th grade is good. But when you put HF's 7th and 8th grade pieces together, Silsbee can't beat HF now or when they get in high school......... 8)

[quote name="stevenash" post="742365" timestamp="1263253713"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64619.msg742360#msg742360 date=1263253235]

[/quote]

If the Silsbee 8th grade is as good as you say, that will help carry on the basketball excellence in Silsbee.  However, judging from the performance of the 9th grade team last year, the 8th graders of this year will be sorely needed.
[/quote]

Last year's 9th grade team wasn't too good but they have seemed to improve as a JV team this year. They will be seniors when this current 8th grade team will be sophomores. This year's 9th grade team is not much better but I think they have enough to support the grade behind them.

Now the 7th grade class behind this current 8th grade team will have to improve greatly.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="742375" timestamp="1263254250"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=64619.msg742365#msg742365 date=1263253713]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Last year's 9th grade team wasn't too good but they have seemed to improve as a JV team this year. They will be seniors when this current 8th grade team will be sophomores. This year's 9th grade team is not much better but I think they have enough to support the grade behind them.

Now the 7th grade class behind this current 8th grade team will have to improve greatly.
[/quote]Then I guess Dove is right about HF domination in a few years

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="742375" timestamp="1263254250"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=64619.msg742365#msg742365 date=1263253713]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You're getting better. I guess you needed somone to push you towards greatness. Your team analysis I'm referring to....

On my worst day, Blue, on my worst day. ;)

Of course, you don't see me being on a school board to assure that my son starts on his 7th grade team. ;)

Oh I forgot, it's your vast knowledge of youth basketball and urban background that gets your son his starting position, not your school board position. ::)

EC also has a very competitive 8th grade team.  They were undefeated as 7th graders and remain so.  They beat Odom 8th grade in the championship at their tournament this past Saturday, and Odom had about 20 A-team players while we only have 7 on our A team.  It sounds like they would be a great match up with HF or Silsbee!

[/quote]

Dove is not going to have the team he thinks he will by the time these boys reach high school.  This group is losing 2 key players for sure and a possible 4 more.  HF seems to have a problem getting the talented players (of all sports) to commit to their high school.

Well guys I dont have a dog in this race but I have been around Youth backetball for 29 years now and I can tell you that you all are putting a lot more in to this than there realy is. I have seen star 7 and 8 grade players that were hands down the best players on there team , that when the same kid was a Jr and Sr could not make the starting line up with the same group of kids. Some kids just muture faster and they dominant the youth games but the other kids will catch them. In 7 and 8 grade just teach the fundamentals and let the kids just grow up :)

Guest stevenash
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64619.msg742424#msg742424 date=1263262067]
On my worst day, Blue, on my worst day. ;)

Of course, you don't see me being on a school board to assure that my son starts on his 7th grade team. ;)

Oh I forgot, it's your vast knowledge of youth basketball and urban background that gets your son his starting position, not your school board position. ::)
[/quote

No, its because he was friends with another former "board urbanite" .

[quote name="True Blue" post="742472" timestamp="1263266625"]
Well guys I dont have a dog in this race but I have been around Youth backetball for 29 years now and I can tell you that you all are putting a lot more in to this than there realy is. I have seen star 7 and 8 grade players that were hands down the best players on there team , that when the same kid was a Jr and Sr could not make the starting line up with the same group of kids. Some kids just muture faster and they dominant the youth games but the other kids will catch them. In 7 and 8 grade just teach the fundamentals and let the kids just grow up :)
[/quote]Yeah!Yeah! Yeah! We know this. But it's still fun talking the smack ;D

[quote name="ECBucsMom" post="742428" timestamp="1263262418"]
EC also has a very competitive 8th grade team.  They were undefeated as 7th graders and remain so.  They beat Odom 8th grade in the championship at their tournament this past Saturday, and Odom had about 20 A-team players while we only have 7 on our A team.  It sounds like they would be a great match up with HF or Silsbee!

[/quote]
[/quote]EC 7th grade and HF's 7th grade....hmmm? I wonder. Oh, are you guys going to try and get the Little Dribblers Regional Tournament this year? I could just hop on a horse and save gas if you do.

[quote name="postup" post="742463" timestamp="1263265889"]
Dove is not going to have the team he thinks he will by the time these boys reach high school.  This group is loosing 2 key players for sure and a possible 4 more.  HF seems to have a problem getting the talented players (of all sports) to commit to their high school.
[/quote]Six players? That many????? How do you know this??? :-X :-X

[quote name="hjhawks" post="742466" timestamp="1263266073"]
the neat thing about high school is that there are 4 grade levels to combine..... 2 great classes merged with 2 average classes do no always equal success......
[/quote]Not true. all the time. I've seen average players elevate their game when better competition is around.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="742488" timestamp="1263268025"]
[quote author=postup link=topic=64619.msg742463#msg742463 date=1263265889]
Dove is not going to have the team he thinks he will by the time these boys reach high school.  This group is loosing 2 key players for sure and a possible 4 more.  HF seems to have a problem getting the talented players (of all sports) to commit to their high school.
[/quote]Six players? That many????? How do you know this??? :-X :-X
[/quote] :-X  :-X  :-X  well, let's just say my district is going to benefit by getting 2, maybe 3 of them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder