Barbers Hill 0-3 in district!!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="744298" timestamp="1263573990"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=64543.msg744278#msg744278 date=1263572411]
[quote author=bc55fan link=topic=64543.msg744267#msg744267 date=1263571974]
Once again Diamond J....you have no clue what is goin on.  BH had 14 teams last year.... 

Been told by SOLID source that BH will goto round robin play next year.  Why dont you bring your team?  Oh thats right...YOU CANT HANDLE THAT PROFESSION.  So you get on a "website" and infect the masses with your clueless, classless posts.  If I remember correctly....BH beat Beaumont Central ....just like you said they WOULDNT.  Have a great day sir
[/quote]I will have a great day and a great life...........you seem to be insecure as you keep calling me names......but my school as like others will not come back to the great BH Classic Tourney----what a joke and BH knows it hence the "round robin rumor" BTW do a little research on your officials during the tourney if you dare
[/quote]

What is your school ? Your not an HJ are you ;D
[/quote]not hardly----people who count know who I am

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check on officials?  What does that mean?

How could I check on officials?  See you worry about to much.  Maybe you should worry about the things you can control.  See coaches (contrary to belief) CANT choose officials....they are assigned.  I choose to worry about things like getting to the game on time.  Watching kids act respectfully to adults.  Making sure our coaches represent themselves and the community in the proper way.  See Im not calling you names....Im simply calling you out.  You act a certain way and then dont like it when people call you out on it.  If I was a betting man, Id say Diamond J....your from Dayton or HJ or Beaumont.  Sounds like a typical non educated person from that area.  No idea what is goin on...they just like to complain.  Well sir...your not going to accomplish anything by making false accusations (tourney one sided, officials cheat, etc) So why do it?  Just pay attention to the things you are associated with and leave the rest alone.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="744301" timestamp="1263574598"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64543.msg744298#msg744298 date=1263573990]
Once again Diamond J....you have no clue what is goin on.  BH had 14 teams last year.... 

Been told by SOLID source that BH will goto round robin play next year.  Why dont you bring your team?  Oh thats right...YOU CANT HANDLE THAT PROFESSION.  So you get on a "website" and infect the masses with your clueless, classless posts.  If I remember correctly....BH beat Beaumont Central ....just like you said they WOULDNT.  Have a great day sir
[/quote]I will have a great day and a great life...........you seem to be insecure as you keep calling me names......but my school as like others will not come back to the great BH Classic Tourney----what a joke and BH knows it hence the "round robin rumor" BTW do a little research on your officials during the tourney if you dare
[/quote]

[/quote]

I know you....do I count ?  ;D

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="744340" timestamp="1263579645"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=64543.msg744301#msg744301 date=1263574598]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64543.msg744298#msg744298 date=1263573990]

[/quote]You DO count---just don't know if you CAN count---heck you know I am your #1 fan!

[/quote]

I know you....do I count ?  ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="bc55fan" post="744360" timestamp="1263581053"]
Haha.  How is that name calling?

Isnt that your screen "name"?  You and I were having a discussion and then all you did was put the quote.  So I simply asked were your response was....

Can dish it out but cant take it?  Talk about sensitive...
[/quote]"typical non-educated person"---sounds like name calling to me
I have watched more Bh football  and baseball games-track as well for that matter than most BH fans. I have numerous friends and family that live in your district. I route for BH except when they are playing us----but to any disinterested party the BH Classic is a rigged tourney----yet all you can do is call me names

Saying to someone that they are "non-educated" is NOT a name calling.  

Your saying the BH tourney is "rigged" that is obviously false and the comment would come from someone who had no clue as to the truth or the right answer.  That sir, is a "non-educated" person.  Simple.

Now if I called you an idiot, or ugly, or something along those lines I might hear your point.  But I didnt.  Because I dont know you and if I chose to anyway .....that would make ME a "non-educated" person.  

I Bleed Blue....I will defend her till the day I die.  There are flaws at EVERY school but I assure you that official cheating and rigging of the Gulf Coast Classic are so far from the truth that a blind man could see it.  

Aggies.....

those uninformed people must be the town/city that lost to BH.  Its todays society to BLAME someone else.  To find fault in what someone else is doing.  To criticize what you dont like, even if you have no clue of why its happening, just to be heard.

I refer to it as "Its not a me problem.....Its a YOU problem"

You think HJ gets home cookin on officials?  You think Beaumont schools get it?  Silsbee?  Kountze?  So why is it that BH gets slandered by so many people......and their teams DONT EVEN PLAY HERE!  They wanna blame someone else for their miss fortunes.  Its a virus in our society that is killing athletics.  JMHO

[quote name="bc55fan" post="744386" timestamp="1263582683"]
I assume both of you are adults.  And you listen and base your opinions on the biased views of someone else???  That makes no sense.  ESPECIALLY if you are "covering" a tourney.... :-\
[/quote]I will not trade words with you---get your jollies somewhere else

[quote name="bc55fan" post="744386" timestamp="1263582683"]
I assume both of you are adults.  And you listen and base your opinions on the biased views of someone else???  That makes no sense.  ESPECIALLY if you are "covering" a tourney.... :-\
[/quote]

I covered last year's tourney for the first time, from start to finish. The info I recieved from others was on the years prior. But, I only needed what I witnessed myself last year.

Last year's tourney was definetly one-sided.

13 total teams, 5 in the upper bracket, 8 in the lower. Six of the top seven teams in that tourney were in the lower bracket. Barbers Hill was in the upper bracket and they got the only bye in the tourney.

Upper bracket teams:

BH
LCM
Spring Dekaney
Goose Creek Memorial
Coldspring

Lower Bracket

Cleveland
Silsbee
Baytown Sterling
Dayton
Nederland
Clear Creek
Montgomery
CE King

Cleveland had to play Sterling, Silsbee and Nederland to get to the finals where as Barbers Hill had to play LCM and GC Memorial. BH beat LCM at the buzzer and then defeated GC Memorial by 17, a team that lost to Nederland later in the tourney by 32!! Baytown Sterling lost in overtime to Cleveland in the first round and went on to win the consolation. Nederland won 3rd place.

It was so obviously tilted to favor that it's a wonder you guys get any teams to participate. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. All it took was the first day of me looking at that bracket last year to come to this conclusion. Then folks started telling me while I was there that this is how it is all the time and it's why the tourney is a shell of itself now compared to what it used to be years ago.

You sound like Diamond J.  You state facts.  But you dont understand WHY they are.

If you remember that was the year of IKE.  Schools were limiting travel.  AD's were pulling teams because of financial problems.  AND....coaches "forgot" that they didnt tell BH that they werent coming.  All of those things happened so late that the bracket couldnt be changed. 

BH coaches didnt like it either.  Also some teams were requesting certain sides of the bracket because of district opponents and time requests because of school time and missing. 

Know ALL the facts before you slander.

[font=Courier]Toon put OF boys basketball back on the map.....BH is in a very tough district.

In tourneys, every host is going to have the easiest way to the championship, just look at the earlier tourneys.

As far as cheating officials, each chapter has their bad and good, we all know that. I never accused an official as a cheater, but have said there were plenty bad ones.

While @ BH, Toon has played in several of my Hoop Insider Playoff Previews and was never scared to play anyone.   [/font]

Guest Two-Dogs...
From what I've seen, most of the tournaments out there are slanted at least a little in the favor of the host school. Thier gym, thier rules. Just the way it is. If teams don't like it they shouldn't sign up for the tournaments. We all know what we're getting into when we agree to attend some of these things. Just play!

Guest Two-Dogs...
I agree but look at the Nederland Tourney this year. Thier advantage in that one was pretty obvious also. Everyone knew it. But in the end, thankfully these tournaments really don't mean a thing in the grand scheme of things thankfully.

[quote name="bc55fan" post="744448" timestamp="1263586786"]
Aggies.....I know you....

Your from Silsbee!  Your just mad cause Silsbee lost.  Wow...[b]talk about the kettle calling the pot black[/b]!
[/quote]

How can you say that? Where has Silsbee set up their tourney that way? The answer is nowhere because they do not host a tourney.

Silsbee losing in that tourney does not deny the fact of how the tourney is setup.

Cleveland won it last year and you don't see them back in that tourney. Their coach also said they wouldn't be back because how it is setup. Coach Broussard told me that himself.

That's right, I stand corrected. BH did win it last year.

I have no angle. I cover lot's of tourneys, even ones that Silsbee does not play in. I call them like I see them.

Take the YMBL for instance, it's a BISD tourney but you don't see them put Ozen, Central and West Brook in any easy brackets.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124