Barbers Hill 0-3 in district!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="741154" timestamp="1263011134"]
We're not in Kansas (Gulf Coast Classic) anymore!!! ;) ;D

What's going to be the over/under on BH district wins?
[/quote]
BH will win at home against the lower half of district opponents, so I say 3 to 4 wins. 5 tops. Typical BH hoops season. Somewhere here there were comments to the effect of sufficient talent, poor coaching at BH. Half right (the 2nd item). No shame being outcoached by KWP. He will outcoach everyone in 19-4A and then some. KWP outperforms their talent level nearly all the time.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="homeless" post="741211" timestamp="1263044478"]
If its any consolation, Goose Creek over Crosby last night demonstrates that no one in 19-4A underperforms their talent level (poor coaching) more than Crosby. Unbelievable.
[/quote]

What talent? Besides their ability to dunk during warm-ups, Crosby was one of the poorest shooting teams I've seen in a long time. This is high school basketball, not an And 1 video.

Congrats Patriots on the win. GCM has now beaten every 19-4A oponnent in at least one boy's varsity level sport. Baby steps, but we are getting there.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="741218" timestamp="1263047011"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=64543.msg741211#msg741211 date=1263044478]
If its any consolation, Goose Creek over Crosby last night demonstrates that no one in 19-4A underperforms their talent level (poor coaching) more than Crosby. Unbelievable.
[/quote]

What talent? Besides their ability to dunk during warm-ups, Crosby was one of the poorest shooting teams I've seen in a long time. This is high school basketball, not an And 1 video.

Congrats Patriots on the win. GCM has now beaten every 19-4A oponnent in at least one boy's varsity level sport. Baby steps, but we are getting there.
[/quote]No question about getting there-GCM will be a power in a couple more years

[quote name="GCMPats" post="741218" timestamp="1263047011"]
[/quote][u][b]What talent?[/b][/u] Besides their ability to dunk during warm-ups, Crosby was one of the [b][u]poorest shooting[/u][/b] teams I've seen in a long time. This is high school basketball, not an And 1 video. [/quote]

You're judging the RESULT and not the CAUSE. Mistaking poor shot selection, off-balance/undisciplined moves for poor shooting. Everybody misses off balance and low percentage stuff. That's why a good coach teaches against that. Those kids can shoot if anyone (e.g. a coach) would fix all that. #33 (6'8" 6th man) is a transfer from North Shore with TONS of upside but some unbelievably bad habits (he thinks he's a pg, LOVES to dribble....in the paint no less. Let's see: 6'8" guy dribbling in the paint vs 6'3" non-leapers: what's wrong with that picture?). And even if they cannot shoot well, I only imagine the wreckage on other teams they could create if they worked the ball inside with all those leapers. And all the offensive rebounds. And owning the defensive boards if they'd block out. The other teams would foul out or one extra pass would result in many a layup/dunk. Then there is the level of defense (where games are REALLY won) those athletes could play, with a 6'8" guy in the paint to compensate for the overplaying you could get from the others, esp that 6'3" superquick sg. All of above is coaching related. That's the long version of my previous shorthand.

Never seems to stop here at BH.    Teams fail to win.........it is always...  we have sufficient talent and poor coaching.   What exactly is sufficient talent.?   Been watching basketball at BH for many years.  Watched Priest , Watts and now Toon.   All three did/have done a good job.  

Ruben......what changes should be made to turn the season for BH around?  Post them so the coaches know what needs to be done.

My suggestion.....this goes for any program.......play the best players.....regardless of clasification (jr...sr !!).   Just because a player is a senior doesn't mean he is owed PT over underclassmen.

Here is my solution.........

Your right it is coaching...you got me HOMELESS......

Coach should sit players that fail to correct the problems you listed.  How do you know those problems have't been addressed in Crosby?

Talent comes in two forms:  coachable and un-coachable........ if I were coaching I would take coachable..........

[quote name="BarbersHillEagle" post="741310" timestamp="1263064077"]
Here is my solution.........

Your right it is coaching...you got me HOMELESS......Coach should sit players that fail to correct the problems you listed.  How do you know those problems have't been addressed in Crosby? Talent comes in two forms:  coachable and un-coachable........ if I were coaching I would take coachable..........
[/quote]
You could be correct, but your assumption (the kids are uncoachble) is less likely than mine (kids are coachable).

[quote name="BarbersHillEagle" post="741308" timestamp="1263063758"]
Never seems to stop here at BH.    Teams fail to win.........it is always...  we have sufficient talent and poor coaching.   What exactly is sufficient talent.?   Been watching basketball at BH for many years.  Watched Priest , Watts and now Toon.   All three did/have done a good job.  

Ruben......what changes should be made to turn the season for BH around?  Post them so the coaches know what needs to be done.

My suggestion.....this goes for any program.......play the best players.....regardless of clasification (jr...sr !!).   Just because a player is a senior doesn't mean he is owed PT over underclassmen.

[/quote]

The real shame is I am always always always impressed by the community support BH enjoys at all sports, both genders. Evidence includes participation level of openly BH fans on these forums. Its likely the female BH hoopsters will have a deep payoff run this yr

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="homeless" post="741305" timestamp="1263063286"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64543.msg741218#msg741218 date=1263047011]
[/quote][u][b]What talent?[/b][/u] Besides their ability to dunk during warm-ups, Crosby was one of the [b][u]poorest shooting[/u][/b] teams I've seen in a long time. This is high school basketball, not an And 1 video. [/quote]

You're judging the RESULT and not the CAUSE. Mistaking poor shot selection, off-balance/undisciplined moves for poor shooting. Everybody misses off balance and low percentage stuff. That's why a good coach teaches against that. Those kids can shoot if anyone (e.g. a coach) would fix all that. #33 (6'8" 6th man) is a transfer from North Shore with TONS of upside but some unbelievably bad habits (he thinks he's a pg, LOVES to dribble....in the paint no less. Let's see: 6'8" guy dribbling in the paint vs 6'3" non-leapers: what's wrong with that picture?). And even if they cannot shoot well, I only imagine the wreckage on other teams they could create if they worked the ball inside with all those leapers. And all the offensive rebounds. And owning the defensive boards if they'd block out. The other teams would foul out or one extra pass would result in many a layup/dunk. Then there is the level of defense (where games are REALLY won) those athletes could play, with a 6'8" guy in the paint to compensate for the overplaying you could get from the others, esp that 6'3" superquick sg. All of above is coaching related. That's the long version of my previous shorthand.
[/quote]

Their 6' 8" guy in the paint was weak. It appeared that he had never seen a weight room. Crosby was athletic and undisciplined, some of that is on Edwin's shoulders. I will not pass judgement on him until he has his system firmly in place. Edwin is a class kid and my wife (who was one of his high school teachers) loves him to death. I believe he will get Crosby going in the right direction soon.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="741356" timestamp="1263071636"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=64543.msg741305#msg741305 date=1263063286]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64543.msg741218#msg741218 date=1263047011]

[/quote]

[u][b]Their 6' 8" guy in the paint was weak[/b][/u]. It appeared that he had never seen a weight room. Crosby was athletic and undisciplined, some of that is on Edwin's shoulders. I will not pass judgement on him until he has his system firmly in place. Edwin is a class kid and my wife (who was one of his high school teachers) loves him to death. I believe he will get Crosby going in the right direction soon.
[/quote] Yes. Yes. Yes. As I said before: [u][b]he thinks he's a point guard[/b][/u]. The list is lonnnnnnng of 6'8" diference-makers -- even dominators -- esp in 4A -- who've never seen a weight room or cannot even shoot. And even I will not blame the coach for lack of weight room time for a kid who transferred only 2 months prior to the season. That part SURE ain't coach-related. Anyway, I don't want to focus too much on this one kid. The problems with the 6'8" kid is only ONE of the MULTIPLE things I identify as coaching related at Crosby that run thorughout the whole scheme over there.

Haven't been on in a while , but didn't take me long to find another post regarding BH.  And the subject is still the same......openly critizing your coach. 

Ruben you are obviously an upset parent.....couldn't be any more obvious.    When the BH coach was at Orangefield I never recalled him being run and gun type of coach.  Funny that you say he is running and gunning this season.'

IMHO............you should eat a healthy helping of REALITY.....and come to your senses.....

Run and gun in this district is necessary much more so than Orangefield. Instead of worrying about who is who--- why not acknowledge there is always room for improvment and get to it!!

[quote name="homeless" post="742074" timestamp="1263214714"]
Coming full circle, the first poster captured the real reason BH fans are disappointed now: the creampuff non-district schedule/record --  esp the way they rig their own tourney year-in and year-out -- set unrealistic expectations.
[/quote]You are correct---the BH tourney is a joke and they know it

[quote name="bc55fan" post="743919" timestamp="1263494011"]
Your posts are the biggest joke on here....Diamond J
[/quote]The brackets are a joke---last year for example----13 teams in the tourney with 8 in the bottom and 5 in the top and with the exception of BH they were all garbage. On top of that BH gets a bye so basically gets a walk to the finals---throw in some home cooked officials and there you have it A JOKE THAT EVEN JAY AND CONAN WOULD BE TO ASHAMED TO USE

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="744223" timestamp="1263564159"]
[quote author=bc55fan link=topic=64543.msg743919#msg743919 date=1263494011]
Your posts are the biggest joke on here....Diamond J
[/quote]The brackets are a joke---last year for example----13 teams in the tourney with 8 in the bottom and 5 in the top and with the exception of BH they were all garbage. On top of that BH gets a bye so basically gets a walk to the finals---throw in some home cooked officials and there you have it A JOKE THAT EVEN JAY AND CONAN WOULD BE TO ASHAMED TO USE
[/quote]

Dont you still have to beat the best team at the end to win??? if it was an easy walk to the champ game then why did they win last year???  Take your sour grapes and make some wine  ;D

Once again Diamond J....you have no clue what is goin on.  BH had 14 teams last year.... 

Been told by SOLID source that BH will goto round robin play next year.  Why dont you bring your team?  Oh thats right...YOU CANT HANDLE THAT PROFESSION.  So you get on a "website" and infect the masses with your clueless, classless posts.  If I remember correctly....BH beat Beaumont Central ....just like you said they WOULDNT.  Have a great day sir

[quote name="bc55fan" post="744267" timestamp="1263571974"]
Once again Diamond J....you have no clue what is goin on.  BH had 14 teams last year.... 

Been told by SOLID source that BH will goto round robin play next year.  Why dont you bring your team?  Oh thats right...YOU CANT HANDLE THAT PROFESSION.  So you get on a "website" and infect the masses with your clueless, classless posts.  If I remember correctly....BH beat Beaumont Central ....just like you said they WOULDNT.  Have a great day sir
[/quote]I will have a great day and a great life...........you seem to be insecure as you keep calling me names......but my school as like others will not come back to the great BH Classic Tourney----what a joke and BH knows it hence the "round robin rumor" BTW do a little research on your officials during the tourney if you dare

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="744278" timestamp="1263572411"]
[quote author=bc55fan link=topic=64543.msg744267#msg744267 date=1263571974]

[/quote]I will have a great day and a great life...........you seem to be insecure as you keep calling me names......but my school as like others will not come back to the great BH Classic Tourney----what a joke and BH knows it hence the "round robin rumor" BTW do a little research on your officials during the tourney if you dare
[/quote]

What is your school ? Your not an HJ are you ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83