HOUSTON YATES VS LAMAR CARDINALS

Guest stevenash
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="739951" timestamp="1262892039"]
It's ridiculous to even think that Yates would beat Lamar.

Show's lack of inteligence.
[/quote]

Agreed.  Lamar would beat Yates very handily

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="stevenash" post="739973" timestamp="1262893703"]
Agreed.  Lamar would beat Yates very handily
[/quote]

Yeah but would they beat them by 135?

And if they did would that be wrong?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="739951" timestamp="1262892039"]
It's ridiculous to even think that Yates would beat Lamar.

Show's lack of inteligence.
[/quote]

Last I checked Lamar guards are suspect!!! The idea does represent a lack of of intellegence.  Lamar would have the size advantage but could they get the ball across half court?  I wish someone would be honest with themselves about the level of talent at ole big red!

Basketball is not football.  This is not a game that is completely dependent on physical development, hence freshman like Derek Rose and John Wall can come into college and dominate immediately.  Obviously Lamar would have a HUGE size advantage, but the question is could they take advantage of it?  I'd like to think a whole team of D1 guards could break the Yates pressure, but as much as I hate to say it, Lamar is barely D1.  We're not talking Big XII quality here.  How many of those Yates kids would Lamar give a scholly to?  I know the top three without a doubt.  Four?  Five?  I definitely think they could hang.  Maybe win.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="PaBees" post="740049" timestamp="1262898687"]
Basketball is not football.  This is not a game that is completely dependent on physical development, hence freshman like Derek Rose and John Wall can come into college and dominate immediately.  Obviously Lamar would have a HUGE size advantage, but the question is could they take advantage of it?  I'd like to think a whole team of D1 guards could break the Yates pressure, but as much as I hate to say it, Lamar is barely D1.  We're not talking Big XII quality here.  How many of those Yates kids would Lamar give a scholly to?  I know the top three without a doubt.  Four?  Five?  I definitely think they could hang.  Maybe win.
[/quote]

Sorry- totally disagree.  Yates has encountered ONLY high school defenses and regardless of Lamars stature in the college world, I can assure you Yates would have  trouble dealing with it.  Furthermore, I am also confident that Lamar would totally dominate the boards and that is something Yates has never contended with as well.  I also believe it is a mistake to compare Wall and Rose at the college level to the yates players at the high school level.  Additionally, Rose and Wall also did well because of their surrounding cast.  If John Wall was at Stephen F. Austin, my bet is he would not look nearly as good as he does now.

For a few years  college basketball has been dominated by freshmen.  Most of Lamar's roster is young, very few seniors.  Most of Yates' roster is 18-year-old kids, that will be in college, competing against the Lamar guys next year.  Like Lamar, most of Yates' kids aren't highly recruited, but I'd be willing to bet most of the Yates kids going to college have better offers than a Lamar offer.  Lamar isn't a good college program, they are decent in the grand scheme of things, no matter how much influence they place on basketball.  Yates is the best hs program in the country, and that includes all the boarding and prep schools like Oak Hill, Findlay Prep and all the New Jersey privates that have better talent than Lamar.  I don't know if Yates' would win, but I bet it would be within 10 either way, and I don't think I would bet on Lamar for anything basketball related.

Something is in your water for those who would think Lamar would lose or it would be a close game.
Lamar has beaten 2 Conference USA teams and destroyed Ark. st of the Sunbelt. Last year they beat a Big 12 school.
Lamar is no Duke, but they are a middle of the road quality DI program. Lamar would destroy Yates.
Yates would better match up with a NAIA school. I think Lamar Port Arthur beats Yates by 15-20.

I agree Yates does'nt have a chance. There is a reason that you don't see college teams running the press like yates does, almost every D1 college has the athletes that yates does but they don't run the press like yates because it does'nt work against college teams and everyone on here talks about that is all yates does and if they cant adjust and do something diff. than they would get ran out of the gym because thier offense is thier press and if they arent getting turnovers than they arent scoring. I would predict that Lamar could hold yates to under 50 points

It is hilarious to think Yates could play with Lamar, whoever thought this has no basketball intellect beyond Jack Yates HS, which somehow became the premier bball HS in the country after winning 1 state 4A title. Hmmmmm. Lamar, Sam Houston, UTSA, any of these teams win by 50 (unless they try to embarrass Yates and press the whole game, then by 75.)

I've seen both teams, several times, and I'm telling you it would be a good game.  You can say, "Well a college team will always beat a high school team," but that's simply not true.  Would Lamar kill to sign Joseph Young, Brandon Peters, and Darius Gardner?  You better believe it.  I think they'd probably take Alex Davis and Marshall Lange, too.  In my opinion that is five that could be on the LU roster and those first three would be an upgrade to Lamar's backcourt.

Now, you say that Yates couldn't score in the half court against Lamar's size.  That doesn't matter because Yates doesn't often score in a half court set anyways.  Oh, Lamar's size will score inside?  Hope those big guys are fast getting back because Yates is gonna be flying back up the court.  And who says college guards can't be pressed?  Nolan Richardson was pretty successful with it and Mike Anderson at Missouri has won by applying pressure. 

You can call me an idiot or delusional or whatever you like, but I've watched both these teams and a whole hell of a lot of basketball.  Yates might not win this one, but it would be a game.  No doubt in my mind.

i have something to say to calm a few people down..pabees all of these people sayin lamar will beat yates has no basketball sense. most havent even seen yates play. and hieght??? come on yates has a 6'9 and 6'7 and brandon peters, darious gardner, marshall lange,joseph young, and brandon marshall plus many more...lamar isnt that good man.. and aggiesarewe u dont even get out and watch other teams besides silsbee so what do you know..nothin my point exactly. go watch yates then go watch lamar. yates would win a close game if not by ten. and lamar state port arthur wouldnt stand a chance hahahah. thats real talk. LAMAR IS NOT GOOD BOTTOM LINE PERIOD.ALL THAT HEIGHT FOR NOTHIN

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="iknoweverthing2" post="740710" timestamp="1262967727"]
i have something to say to calm a few people down..pabees all of these people sayin lamar will beat yates has no basketball sense. most havent even seen yates play. and hieght??? come on yates has a 6'9 and 6'7 and brandon peters, darious gardner, marshall lange,joseph young, and brandon marshall plus many more...lamar isnt that good man.. and aggiesarewe u dont even get out and watch other teams besides silsbee so what do you know..nothin my point exactly. go watch yates then go watch lamar. yates would win a close game if not by ten. and lamar state port arthur wouldnt stand a chance hahahah. thats real talk. LAMAR IS NOT GOOD BOTTOM LINE PERIOD.ALL THAT HEIGHT FOR NOTHIN
[/quote]

So I guess Silsbee plays themselves duing games?

Guest GCMPats
Is Yates a Magnet School? How much fundraising was required in order for them to travel to Hawaii and the T-Mobile tournament? Surely HISD did not fund their travel expenses. Could one of you Yates Homers fill us in please. Thanks.

Guest GCMPats
AREA RANKINGS
Boys Soccer

1. The Woodlands

2. Klein Oak

3. Cinco Ranch

4. Clear Lake

5. Klein

6. Brenham

7. Westside

8. Clements

9. Sharpstown