Stadium Talk: To Turf or not to Turf? That is the question.

Turf Stadiums draw playoff games and whenever a turf field is installed in SE Tx somewhere that school will be getting all kinds of Playoff games from teams from different areas.

i agree,also everytime i watch the high school football statewide show late on friday night i see a lot of schools with turf. for some reason turf hasn't caught on in southeast texas and i find that interesting.

agree,also everytime i watch the high school football statewide show late on friday night i see a lot of schools with turf

Most of the stadiums with turf are because more than one school uses the same field. To me that would be the only reason to have turf.

dayton was nice, but when I heard a million dollars...I couldnt see it. just a little greener...it will seem more worth it when the stadium has been rennovated. but for an average 4A football stadium with minimal sized, and quality stands like most in this area, Turf would be like polishing a turd.

Turf Stadiums draw playoff games and whenever a turf field is installed in SE Tx somewhere that school will be getting all kinds of Playoff games from teams from different areas.

Since Silsbee has built their new stadium, Tiger Stadium has hosted several playoff games. I think there has been at least 7 playoff games played there since it's opening.

No turf there, but if Tiger Stadium had it, you would probably see more playoff games there.

dayton was nice' date=' but when I heard a million dollars...I couldnt see it. just a little greener...it will seem more worth it when the stadium has been rennovated. but for an average 4A football stadium with minimal sized, and quality stands like most in this area, Turf would be like polishing a turd.[/quote']

I asked someone from dayton about why the turf came before the stands and was told that it had to be that way. Not enough time to do both renovations in one year and they had to work from the inside of the stadium to the outside. Getting the turf done with the new stands would have been logistically harder.... They say once the new stands are in that it will be a top notch high school facility..

As far as turf or grass goes......go for turf. You can then play as many Jr high or jv games on the field as you want and never have to worry about what kind of shape the field will be in on friday night...

I could see that...one more question about Daytons Stadium...If Dayton is getting a new field and new stands. Why didnt they just build a new stadium at the highschool with better parking. I'll tell you what, whatching everybody trying to find parking an manuver around is like watching a bear on a tricycle. Plus I will admit I got directions from yahoo to the highschool drove allthe way over there to find out the stadium across town.

All teams 7th - varsity can practice on the turf, you never have to paint the field (Savings) There is no mowing (Savings) no rain out games or practices(Dayton coach said it could rain 9" and in 30 min it would be dry enough to play on), Other teams will play playoff games at your place (More money for the school). The disadvantages are if the team you are playing are faster than you they will be even faster, The turf is EXTREMELY hot during the summer, and the first two years you deal with the black beads of rubber that come out of the turf. As a fan, I love the look of it and as a player I think I would love to have had the chance to play on it.

surprise...going to disagree on this one too... since I do work as the announcer for Wildcatters hockey and previously have done LU basketball and baseball. I'm not advocating openly cheering on the mic but its always been the home team announcer has a little extra for the "home" team. Thats the way it always has been in every sport football, baseball, basketball. Happens in pros, happens in colleges, happens in HS... I dont advocate it for say little league baseball where there is no true "home" team though. I know at hockey games when we score I get all riled up on the mic, if the opposing team scores it's just another announcement.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02