#1 1A-I Cayuga vs #1 1A-II Slocum predictions?

This saturday the 2 #1 ranked teams in 1A divisions 1 and 2 will play in Athens at 7.  Cayuga is without Caleb Summerville and i believe they are missing a few key players due to injury.  Cayuga lost to Argyle and Navasota at the Whataburger tournament.  Slocum beat Grand Saline, Grapeland and #7 Miller Grove and lost to MP Chapel Hill at Martins Mill tournament.  These 2 teams are very familiar with each other, having played against each other 2 years ago which Cayuga won a close one (also play every summer in summer league).  I know Coop is very interested in this game, he loves these small school matchups.  I know catman has an opinion also, what do yall think, who wins?

The problem with Cayuga is that they dont start basketball until football is over......usually at the end of December.....A 1A school with 4A athletes.....they played their first game a couple days ago with no practice....Sommerville is hurt again and wont be back for a few weeks....

Cayuga always has the athletes but for some reason lose before the make it to the drum.I haven't seen Slocum this year but in the past they have always been very fundamentally sound and would not beat themselves.If Yuga has some players hurt I'll take Slocum strictly because they will be disciplined and won't beat themselves.

[quote name="whsalum" post="737084" timestamp="1262311567"]
Cayuga always has the athletes but for some reason lose before the make it to the drum.I haven't seen Slocum this year but in the past they have always been very fundamentally sound and would not beat themselves.If Yuga has some players hurt I'll take Slocum strictly because they will be disciplined and won't beat themselves.
[/quote]I will have to go with Slocum also....they will control the tempo...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83