And so closes the 2009 Chapter of Texas High School Football

WOSgrad

Yes, I know that there are post season accolades, recruiting and all-star games to come.  But hey, when the last competitive down of playoff football has been played, it is time to close the chapter.  

Of course, congratulations to players, coaches, support staff, and communities all of those teams, whether public or private, who were able to navigate their way to their respective state championships.  It is a long and arduous journey and your perserverance and success should be marveled at by all.  However, the congratulations should not and do not stop there.  

All of the young men from the communities that make up South East Texas who put a football uniform deserve them as well.  These young men, whether they played for the largest school in umbrella, Beaumont West Brook, or the smallest, Chester, or any size in between, deserve them as they made the commitment to represent their individual communities and Southeast Texas as a whole.  I for one am here to tell them that regardless of the won-loss record that may have resulted, that they are have done us proud.  Some of these gentlemen will be back next year in the very same uniforms, some will go on to play at the college level and even perhaps, in the NFL...but many of them will never put on a pair of football cleats ever again.  Regardless, I would like to thank them for allowing us to look into their lives and entertaining us on the past few Thursday, Friday and Saturday's.  

Congratulations go out to the coaches who guided them as well.  These people, not for the money, but for the love of this game and the young men who surrounded them, have taken it upon themselves to guide these young men.  And they have have allowed themselves to judged depending on the collective results of teenagers.  Some may not seem patient but that is probably only because the abundant amount patience finally gave out.  That they have taken on the role as surrogate, and sometimes, sole, caretakers of these young guys should be enough to earn our thanks, but all too often in a result oriented world, they get our scorn.  For their ability to forge on despite that, they earn my respect.

To the parents, the sacrifices that you have made can never be measured.  And the bands, cheerleaders, drill teams and booster, thank you for making our entertainment complete and providing us with the exciting atmosphere that is Texas High School Football.

This is my first full football season as a mod/admin at setxsports.com and it has been a blast.  There are many who made it so fun.

My OT Scoreboard Show broadcast partner and the board owner, Jordan Wilson.  Words cannot express the gratitude that all of us have for your efforts in putting this little playpen together for all of us to play in.  We undoubtedly take it for granted but know that your vision and hard work are appreciated.

My buddy and fellow WO-S fan KFDMCOOP who has been after me for at least 3 years now to join the staff.  I'm grateful that you never gave up.

To my guide, bobcatfan4life.  He had said at the beginning of the season he said he was stepping back, but he was never far way.  AND THANK GOD FOR THAT!  Because goodness knows I needed him often.

To the broadcasters during the football season, Gabe, Joey and Corey, Mike and Tim, Bobby and Donnie, Kent and Dave, Jereme, Dennis, Adam, Coach Brack and Dennis Sedtal.  Thanks guy for entertaining me on Monday and Friday nights.  You guys made it sound so easy when I know for certain that it wasn't.  

To my correspondents, who dutifully got scores to me during the season and made my job in updating the scores a lot easier:

adminbaberuth
Anafanatic
BHFAN
BMTSoulja1
SgtRey
BCTreasurer
Cardinal Supporter
BHSCougars
Burkeville Chronicle
colmesneilfan1
Cap Rock Brewing Co.
PURPLE 4 EVER
DP#1 FAN
Dolemite
ECBucFan
BIGMO44
Hardin-htownhornet
sloe
H.I._Cardinals
etbu
HD BOBCAT 55
HDcats0422
utfan06
LTrain1
bobcatfan4life
EagleFan01
mmccary
Pirate for Life!
joharr73

And there were others that texted me scores.  But I am also grateful to the guys who posted updates here...you guy were all LIFESAVERS!!!

And on behalf of the staff, thanks to all of you fans and supporters of the setx schools for making setxsports.com part of you day during the football season as well as those fans who were from schools from outside of our area who chimed in from time to time....we may have not always acted like it, but we were glad to have you here.  We will rest, but we will not be far as we will keep you apprised on the post season awards, including the Willie Ray Smith Awards and the colleges our young men are moving on to.  The rest will be also shorter than usual as setxsports.com will bring to you LIVE the UIL Realignment on February 1.   And of course, THIS FORUM NEVER GOES DORMANT SO KEEP THE TOPICS COMING.

It has been a fun year and I look forward to many more!!!

I must correct a horrendous mistake that I made in the above post originally.  This is to Kirbyville colorman Adam Davis, who endured more than many of us realize during this season.  He, like the other guys, have been real supportive as I learned the role and made mistakes (such as leaving someone crucial out of a list).

He is one of the new best friends here.

THANKS ADAM!!!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="733764" timestamp="1261360817"]
I must correct a horrendous mistake that I made in the above post originally.  This is to Kirbyville colorman Adam Davis, who endured more than many of us realize during this season.  He, like the other guys, have been real supportive as I learned the role and made mistakes (such as leaving someone crucial out of a list).

THANKS ADAM!!!!
[/quote]

Awww, shucks!  Thanks Todd!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="733764" timestamp="1261360817"]
I must correct a horrendous mistake that I made in the above post originally.  [b]This is to Kirbyville colorman Adam Davis,[/b] who endured more than many of us realize during this season.  He, like the other guys, have been real supportive as I learned the role and made mistakes (such as leaving someone crucial out of a list).

THANKS ADAM!!!!
[/quote]

Never heard of him. Is he the guy that speaks Spanish?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="733767" timestamp="1261361003"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=64023.msg733764#msg733764 date=1261360817]
I must correct a horrendous mistake that I made in the above post originally.  [b]This is to Kirbyville colorman Adam Davis,[/b] who endured more than many of us realize during this season.  He, like the other guys, have been real supportive as I learned the role and made mistakes (such as leaving someone crucial out of a list).

THANKS ADAM!!!!
[/quote]

Never heard of him. Is he the guy that speaks Spanish?
[/quote]

Excuse what I am about to say...rather imply!  ROFLMAO!  I took one letter out to keep it clean.  ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="733771" timestamp="1261361331"]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=64023.msg733769#msg733769 date=1261361155]
Glad you are over here now Grad bc is much easier.
[/quote]

I am very, very glad Grad is onboard with us. [b](even if he is a WOS guy)[/b] ;D

87? Who needs him!! ;D
[/quote]

AMEN!

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="733780" timestamp="1261362343"]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=64023.msg733779#msg733779 date=1261362134]
Where is WOS87? Actually he and Grad were good friends in High School.
[/quote]

We won't hold that against Grad.

87 is a pompous jerk.
[/quote]

Really? He dont come on here anymore?

[quote name="jhamilton" post="733793" timestamp="1261363182"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64023.msg733780#msg733780 date=1261362343]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=64023.msg733779#msg733779 date=1261362134]
Where is WOS87? Actually he and Grad were good friends in High School.
[/quote]

We won't hold that against Grad.

87 is a pompous jerk.
[/quote]

Really? He dont come on here anymore?
[/quote]

He has been banned.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="733751" timestamp="1261359199"]
Yes, I know that there are post season accolades, recruiting and all-star games to come.  But hey, when the last competitive down of playoff football has been played, it is time to close the chapter.  

Of course, congratulations to players, coaches, support staff, and communities all of those teams, whether public or private, who were able to navigate their way to their respective state championships.  It is a long and arduous journey and your perserverance and success should be marveled at by all.  However, the congratulations should not and do not stop there.  

All of the young men from the communities that make up South East Texas who put a football uniform deserve them as well.  These young men, whether they played for the largest school in umbrella, Beaumont West Brook, or the smallest, Chester, or any size in between, deserve them as they made the commitment to represent their individual communities and Southeast Texas as a whole.  I for one am here to tell them that regardless of the won-loss record that may have resulted, that they are have done us proud.  Some of these gentlemen will be back next year in the very same uniforms, some will go on to play at the college level and even perhaps, in the NFL...but many of them will never put on a pair of football cleats ever again.  Regardless, I would like to thank them for allowing us to look into their lives and entertaining us on the past few Thursday, Friday and Saturday's.  

Congratulations go out to the coaches who guided them as well.  These people, not for the money, but for the love of this game and the young men who surrounded them, have taken it upon themselves to guide these young men.  And they have have allowed themselves to judged depending on the collective results of teenagers.  Some may not seem patient but that is probably only because the abundant amount patience finally gave out.  That they have taken on the role as surrogate, and sometimes, sole, caretakers of these young guys should be enough to earn our thanks, but all too often in a result oriented world, they get our scorn.  For their ability to forge on despite that, they earn my respect.

To the parents, the sacrifices that you have made can never be measured.  And the bands, cheerleaders, drill teams and booster, thank you for making our entertainment complete and providing us with the exciting atmosphere that is Texas High School Football.

This is my first full football season as a mod/admin at setxsports.com and it has been a blast.  There are many who made it so fun.

My OT Scoreboard Show broadcast partner and the board owner, Jordan Wilson.  Words cannot express the gratitude that all of us have for your efforts in putting this little playpen together for all of us to play in.  We undoubtedly take it for granted but know that your vision and hard work are appreciated.

My buddy and fellow WO-S fan KFDMCOOP who has been after me for at least 3 years now to join the staff.  I'm grateful that you never gave up.

To my guide, bobcatfan4life.  He had said at the beginning of the season he said he was stepping back, but he was never far way.  AND THANK GOD FOR THAT!  Because goodness knows I needed him often.

To the broadcasters during the football season, Gabe, Joey and Corey, Mike and Tim, Bobby and Donnie, Kent and Dave, Jereme, Dennis, Adam, Coach Brack and Dennis Sedtal.  Thanks guy for entertaining me on Monday and Friday nights.  You guys made it sound so easy when I know for certain that it wasn't.  

To my correspondents, who dutifully got scores to me during the season and made my job in updating the scores a lot easier:

adminbaberuth
Anafanatic
BHFAN
BMTSoulja1
SgtRey
BCTreasurer
Cardinal Supporter
BHSCougars
Burkeville Chronicle
colmesneilfan1
Cap Rock Brewing Co.
PURPLE 4 EVER
DP#1 FAN
Dolemite
ECBucFan
BIGMO44
Hardin-htownhornet
sloe
H.I._Cardinals
etbu
HD BOBCAT 55
HDcats0422
utfan06
LTrain1
bobcatfan4life
EagleFan01
mmccary
Pirate for Life!
joharr73

And there were others that texted me scores.  But I am also grateful to the guys who posted updates here...you guy were all LIFESAVERS!!!

And on behalf of the staff, thanks to all of you fans and supporters of the setx schools for making setxsports.com part of you day during the football season as well as those fans who were from schools from outside of our area who chimed in from time to time....we may have not always acted like it, but we were glad to have you here.  We will rest, but we will not be far as we will keep you apprised on the post season awards, including the Willie Ray Smith Awards and the colleges our young men are moving on to.  The rest will be also shorter than usual as setxsports.com will bring to you LIVE the UIL Realignment on February 1.   And of course, THIS FORUM NEVER GOES DORMANT SO KEEP THE TOPICS COMING.

It has been a fun year and I look forward to many more!!!
[/quote]

excellent post

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="733854" timestamp="1261401246"]
Thanks for the memories SETX
[/quote]

Jack the Hammer made me laugh all season. King of the one liners. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jack and the rest of the guys.

[quote name="jhamilton" post="734030" timestamp="1261439699"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=64023.msg733854#msg733854 date=1261401246]
Thanks for the memories SETX
[/quote]

Jack the Hammer made me laugh all season. King of the one liners. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jack and the rest of the guys.
[/quote]

Same to ya.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124