REAL TOP 10 PLAYERS

[quote name="whsalum" post="733593" timestamp="1261325916"]
Their is a HUGE difference in being one of the better players on your team and being one of the top 10 players in SETX.I haven't seen much talk about any of the kids from Memorial(a pretty good club)or Forney from Nederland.Some of the players mentioned in this thread couldn't start for Kountze,Silsbee or HJ.There are probably 5 players in 23-aa that would get a mention on a top 25 list.Walker,Brey and Whisenant from Kountze.The PG from Hardin if he rehabs enough to play and the Mayes kid from Anahuac.
[/quote] Your real quick to put 3 Koun. players in the top 10 yet didnt these 3 players loss twice to HJ? JMO if they are  good  enough to be in the top 10 they should be able to adjust there game to beat a team the second time. And how can a player that has not played in 2 years even be in the conversation. This Thread is just personal op. and people are just speaking of players that they have seen. The 4a and 5a teams prob. do have kids that could make this list just most people on this site are suporters of the smaller schools.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen all the kids that I mentioned.If I put together a top25 list it would have 3 kids from Kountze on it and 3 kids from HJ.Turner,Ricossa and Gus.The reason I mention the kid from Hardin is because I ,once again have seen him many times.It would be similiar to a kid being red shirted off an injury in college.If he was projected to come back you would hold a roster spot open for him.And you're exactly right this is just opinions,that's what makes it fun.

I said a top 25 AAW.I think McDaniel is playing out of position which has made him inconsistant shooting the 3.Whisenant has done the little things that you have to have to win which is why I mentioned him.I probably got off topic with the 25 observation but you are right on about Walker and Brey being top 10.

I agree, McDaniel is playing out of position, therefore why he is so important to the team, much more than Whisenant. Obviously Joubert thinks McDaniel can run the point better than anyone else on the team, even though McDaniel is a 2.

Whisenant is a good player, but I think he is 4th or 5th best on that team.

I'll agree with the first part of that statement but we'll have to agree to disagree on the second part.I think Whisenant shots the ball well and makes very good decisions with the ball at crucial times of the game.That must be a nice problem to have debating on 2 players who are definitely top 10 and which 3rd player should be top 25.The Lions are a true PG away from being something special at the 2-a level.

[quote name="whsalum" post="733646" timestamp="1261332186"]
I'll agree with the first part of that statement but we'll have to agree to disagree on the second part.I think Whisenant shots the ball well and makes very good decisions with the ball at crucial times of the game.That must be a nice problem to have debating on 2 players who are definitely top 10 and which 3rd player should be top 25.The Lions are a true PG away from being something special at the 2-a level.
[/quote]

I agree, But look at they are doin without a true PG lol

[quote name="utfan06" post="733654" timestamp="1261333270"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=63926.msg733646#msg733646 date=1261332186]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yea but just think if they had someone like Coffey

[quote name="whsalum" post="733709" timestamp="1261348343"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=63926.msg733654#msg733654 date=1261333270]
[/quote]

[/quote]Whsalum where would you rank the three from spurger if at all.
McGallion - 35 out 52 three's 80 assists in 11 games(IMOP) best true PG in the area. ;D
Whittaker-10 for 15 threes, avg around 20 points a game,sorry but not sure about the rebounds and block shots, should be in the teens in rebounding.
Blankenship has missed a few games but around 25 out of 40 threes and double digits in rebounds.

There is no doubt that Chase is the best PG in the 1a class and could be in the area. George is playing the 5 and is a little short to be concered the best at that spot, If he was to play on a team were he could play the 3 or 4 he would definitely be in the top picks. JMO for what its worth ;)

Guest THE SCOUTER
I agree, Chase is a great point guard and one of my favorites. He makes really great decisions and knows when to shoot the ball (shoots very well). He is a great team player. If Chase could work on his quickness and speed he would become and outstanding player.

[quote name="court side" post="733765" timestamp="1261360927"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=63926.msg733709#msg733709 date=1261348343]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=63926.msg733654#msg733654 date=1261333270]
[/quote]

[/quote]Whsalum where would you rank the three from spurger if at all.
McGallion - 35 out 52 three's 80 assists in 11 games(IMOP) best true PG in the area. ;D
Whittaker-10 for 15 threes, avg around 20 points a game,sorry but not sure about the rebounds and block shots, should be in the teens in rebounding.
Blankenship has missed a few games but around 25 out of 40 threes and double digits in rebounds.
[/quote]Court Side I haven't gotten to see them yet this year but I saw them alot in the past and all 3 of them can flat out play.I don't go to much just by stats because sometimes they can be padded by playing lesser teams.All 3 of the kids you mentioned would definitely gets some looks on a top 25 list.Blankenship can shot the 3 with anyone in the area and George would be a coaches dream at the 3 spot.If he works on his ball handling skills he will be better than either one of his brothers and that's saying something.Chase improved drastically as the year went on last year and could make a staement when they play Silsbee later this season.If Coach Issacs brings these kids along like I think he will they have a legit shot at playing in the drum this spring.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="734147" timestamp="1261456737"]
and just what kind of statement are you talking about? ;)
[/quote]I'm not saying that the game will be real close but I do think the 3 kids I mentioned will get some respect from the Tiger faithful.These boys will have a legit shot at going to Austin from the 1-a classification.I gotta tip my hat to them for even scheduling the Tigers.And their young coach may be the best kept secret in SETX.

Silsbee already knows about those three from Spurger. They played in the summer league tourney at Silsbee and actually had a game against Silsbee in that tourney. Silsbee also played in the same tourney as Spurger earlier this season(Big Sandy) and was able to watch them play a couple of games.

They were actually set to play each other on the second day but that was the day of the snow and that day got canceled.

As for Spurger having a legit shot at Austin, the bench will have to step up some in order for these guys to make it that far. I will say that Spurger has as good a starting five as any 1A school this year.

That's probably their biggest concern.Hopefully they can get their 2 kids back that got hurt and the kids that have filled in will benefit from the playing time.The depth isn't near as big an issue at the 1-a level as it is the 3-a level.I believe this group has the potential to be as good as the team that played BS in the regional final a couple of years ago.What do you think about the kids I was talking about as someone who saw them play this season and last summer?

I like Whitaker's post up moves, he is solid on the block, both offensively and defensively. I thought his older brother Phillip was a better post player but George can step outside and hit a jumper every now and then and can also take a few off the dribble.

Blankenship is one of the better shooters in the area, regardless of classification. He is also one of the smarter players too in that he knows what he can and can't do. He stays within himself very well. He has a very good basketball mind.

McGallion is a solid PG that can score when needed. I saw where someone stated that they thought he was the best pure PG in the whole area. Well, I think he is good, but I'll take the White kid from PA Memorial over him. In the games that I have personally witnessed this year, he needs to get better defensively. He runs their offense very well though and gets the ball to the open man.

All in all, these three could play for many teams in this area and would start on several, regardless of classification. They are coached very well and all three have a passion for the game. That right there get's you ahead of alot of players and teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics