BREAKING NEWS: Central reassigns Calvin Rice

[font=Courier]http://www.theexaminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=3639

[b]Central reassigns boys basketball coach[/b]
Chad Cooper, Sports Editor - THE EXAMINER

Sources close to BISD have confirmed that Central boys head basketball coach Calvin Rice has been reassigned and will be relieved of his head coaching duties.

Central lost to West Brook on Tuesday, 54-45, and will open District 20-4A play this Friday at Vidor.

Varsity assistant coach Robert Lee will be the interim coach.

The Jags were 3-7 this season and have been the only team to hand 3A No. 6 Hardin-Jefferson a loss this season when they beat the Hawks 64-57 at the Fred Williams Classic on Nov. 27.

Rice led Central to an 18-12 record last year losing in the bi-district round of the 4A playoffs to Crosby. Rice's head coaching record is 136-99 (.578).

Phone calls to BISD administration for comment haven't been returned. [/font]

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="731686" timestamp="1261001077"]
Thank you coach for the years you have put in at the school and for staying above .500.  I wish the best for you and your family.
[/quote]

Same here shorttexas1. Unfortunately this was inevitable. This all started a couple of years ago but got really bad last year. I brought this up earlier this year on this site but it was dismissed. I am shocked it happen in the middle of the season. God Bless to him and his family!!!!!

[quote name="CATMAN" post="731758" timestamp="1261007981"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=63889.msg731742#msg731742 date=1261006979]
[font=Courier]They did want him. Wanted Travis too.[/font]
[/quote] what happen AAW
[/quote]

I don't understand what you are asking. What happened to what?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed