*EAST CHAMBERS vs. HARDIN-JEFFERSON BROADCAST/ HJ wins 56-52!

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="731593" timestamp="1260996544"]
[font=Courier]Did Persohn play?[/font]
[/quote]Pesohn still needs to develop.  Maybe he should go to the same agility coach that Ricossa seemed to have gone to this summer!

And he also needs to learn to keep his cool.  The last two varsity games that he's played in has resulted in some words between he and the other team.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="731719" timestamp="1261004238"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=63792.msg731593#msg731593 date=1260996544]
[font=Courier]Did Persohn play?[/font]
[/quote]Pesohn still needs to develop.  Maybe he should go to the same agility coach that Ricossa seemed to have gone to this summer!

[b]And he also needs to learn to keep his cool.  The last two varsity games that he's played in has resulted in some words between he and the other team.[/b]
[/quote]

I've noticed that too.

[quote author=whsalum link=topic=63792.msg731202#msg731202 date=1260939733]
Got them from Mikes post game wrap up.The young man had a double/double.The reason I said it was emotion was Turner had 6, Sutherland-6 and Gus-9.That's not a typical night for those 3.
quote]

The big reason that Jacoby, Garrett, and Greyson point totals were low was the fact that Ricossa was not in there.  Besides the obvious things like points and rebounds, he does so much more down low under the radar such as picks, block outs, assists to the other three.  His ability to feed the ball out to an open 3 without looking is amazing as well as his 3/4 court passes to Jacoby for an easy lay up.  Will played a great game but he doesn't get the time with the starters in practice like Philip has to develop the feel for each other.

The big problem still with HJ, as I stated in a previous post, is their failure to consistently cover the back side.  Too many easy points given up.  Somebody has to be there to intercept the dish when Ricossa steps up to defend the driving player.  The Hawks don't do that very well.  One other thing I have noticed is that no one is following the three point shot.  Several times last night, the rebound went toward the shooter and could have easily been offensively rebounded but no one was there.

Sorry for HJ's loss of Ricossa.  Bad timing as it happens right before District starts.  Congrats to my Bucs for shutting down the three outside shooters of HJ to 21 points.  Granted both teams coming off a long weekend and high intense basketball.  This is a great confidence builder for EC.  If you watched them this weekend they only got better with every game they played.  Lookout Hardin because we are coming to your gym ready to play and WIN!!!!  Go BUCS!!!!

[quote name="swagg" post="731804" timestamp="1261011674"]
Why do u think when those 3's was being shot no one was there? Umm could it be because of the "Lack of confidence". They can't shoot the 3 consistently so they have to hurry and cover that back side. Who is Andersen, and Sean P anyways? 
[/quote]You follow your shot if you think you missed.  They are falling back getting ready for the press.

Sean P is a sophomore.  He makes sophomore mistakes but he is going to be really really good.  Right now he's a double-edged sword; following up a great shot with a stupid turnover.  He was the tall lanky guy, number 10.

Will Anderson, number 20, is a junior.  He played some quality minutes in the Hawks playoffs last year, having played JV during the season.  He had a great defensive effort against the big guy from Cleveland.  Will has a sweet 10-15 foot shot, as long as he's not shooting from the baseline.l  He missed a couple of easy layups late in the game against Kountze.  And although he's not quick, he's not clumsy and should be a pretty good player.

Sean and Will are going to team up with Gus and Grayson to have another great HJ team next year, in my opinion.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="731844" timestamp="1261014582"]
You follow your shot if you think you missed.  They are falling back getting ready for the press.

Sean P is a sophomore.  He makes sophomore mistakes but he is going to be really really good.  Right now he's a double-edged sword; following up a great shot with a stupid turnover.  He was the tall lanky guy, number 10.

Will Anderson, number 20, is a junior.  He played some quality minutes in the Hawks playoffs last year, having played JV during the season.  He had a great defensive effort against the big guy from Cleveland.  Will has a sweet 10-15 foot shot, as long as he's not shooting from the baseline.l  He missed a couple of easy layups late in the game against Kountze.  And although he's not quick, he's not clumsy and should be a pretty good player.

Sean and Will are going to team up with Gus and Grayson to have another great HJ team next year, in my opinion.
[/quote]

You  always  follow your shot.  And BTW, they are not falling away to cover the press, they are just standing there watching the shot.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="731192" timestamp="1260938545"]
Noteworthy the 2A Bucs were in a 3rd round Football playoff game, while 3A HJ had no FB playoff games. A 3+ week headstart means alot this early in the season. Great job, Bucs!!!  :D
[/quote]but ec had a bye the first round and got blew out out the third

[quote name="Sloe" post="731877" timestamp="1261016849"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=63792.msg731192#msg731192 date=1260938545]
Noteworthy the 2A Bucs were in a 3rd round Football playoff game, while 3A HJ had no FB playoff games. A 3+ week headstart means alot this early in the season. Great job, Bucs!!!  :D
[/quote]

Whats that have to do with it Sloe? Always looking for a chance to knock us

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="731917" timestamp="1261019167"]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=63792.msg731877#msg731877 date=1261016849]
[/quote]

[/quote]No just replying too your earlier post.PS I got KIN over in EC. I Allways root for you guy's when your not playing HJ

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="731917" timestamp="1261019167"]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=63792.msg731877#msg731877 date=1261016849]
[/quote]

[/quote]And its also irrelevant.  Whether EC had a week off or not, or was preparing to get blown out in the 3rd round of the playoffs, they weren't practicing basketball.

EC is going to improve very much the rest of the year and will catch up with many (but not all) teams.

[quote name="C-130 Gunship" post="732185" timestamp="1261075225"]
Ricossa MRI results:  No tears, no chipped cartilage, no loose bodies.  Range of motion and strength rehab for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks then back on court.
[/quote]

Sweet that is great news..........back in time then for the HJ/EC game at Ford Arena on January 2nd.  Gives him a few games to get back into before district starts!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="732189" timestamp="1261075401"]
[quote author=C-130 Gunship link=topic=63792.msg732185#msg732185 date=1261075225]
Ricossa MRI results:  No tears, no chipped cartilage, no loose bodies.  Range of motion and strength rehab for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks then back on court.
[/quote]

Sweet that is great news..........back in time then for the HJ/EC game at Ford Arena on January 2nd.  Gives him a few games to get back into before district starts!!!
[/quote] That is great news. It sure did not look good when it happen. I cant wate for the Jan 2 game, to see the two big kids go agains each other. I look for the Sr to teach the Jr a few things. ;) 6'6'' Vrs 6'6'' It will be good for both kids and both teams. I look for HJ to come ready to play this time I think they did not think EC could play with them and maybe looked pass them. I dont think their coaching staff will let that happen again.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="True Blue" post="732373" timestamp="1261099511"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=63792.msg732189#msg732189 date=1261075401]
[quote author=C-130 Gunship link=topic=63792.msg732185#msg732185 date=1261075225]
[/quote]

[/quote] That is great news. It sure did not look good when it happen. I cant wate for the Jan 2 game, to see the two big kids go agains each other. I look for the Sr to teach the Jr a few things. ;) 6'6'' Vrs 6'6'' It will be good for both kids and both teams. I look for HJ to come ready to play this time I think they did not think EC could play with them and maybe looked pass them. I dont think their coaching staff will let that happen again.
[/quote]

Great news!  Game on, Hawks.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="732482" timestamp="1261137331"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=63792.msg732373#msg732373 date=1261099511]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=63792.msg732189#msg732189 date=1261075401]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Great news!  Game on, Hawks.
[/quote]

O WOW that had me scared...I've played on the same team as rico for 2 years and the other times I've seen him get hurt he walked off on his own power. but when he went down Sat. and didn't not try to get up it had me really worried....but thank god he is alright and will be back by the time district starts....LETS GET'EM HAWKS...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83