What teams to you want to schedule next Non District?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pngfan66" post="727450" timestamp="1260448912"]
PNG: Westbrook
        PAM
        Friendswood, Dayton, Brenham, WOS.

Not in any particular order, but would be a great non-district schedule and a great warm up for district.
[/quote]
Great chance with that schedule that we wouldn't enter district undefeated like this year but would br much better prepared come playoff time. I like that schedule, make it is a tough one. You get better by playing people better than you.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="727458" timestamp="1260450791"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=63605.msg727450#msg727450 date=1260448912]
        PAM

Not in any particular order, but would be a great non-district schedule and a great warm up for district.
[/quote]
Great chance with that schedule that we wouldn't enter district undefeated like this year but would br much better prepared come playoff time. I like that schedule, make it is a tough one. You get better by playing people better than you.
[/quote]
I don't see WB playing 3-4A TEAMS in the "NON-district" schedule...I dislike that we play 2....I say the Beaumont Bowl trophy be awarded to the TEAM that goes further in the play offs and let WB slide in a SLC or WESTLAKE....IMO

[quote name="pngfan66" post="727450" timestamp="1260448912"]
        PAM

[/quote]

I agree, my dream pre district schedule, assuming 3 games, is WO-S PAM and WB in that order of schedule.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
Kirbyville has always played 3A teams (at least a couple) in non district...I think the better the competition you play the more you learn and become a better & tougher team for district..This year Kville played ( 5) 3A schools in non district games...I'd much rather have a team that's ready for district and a loss or two,than a team who has played weaker teams,and gets killed in district play..It don't count till you get to district anyway..If you want a team with a lot of wins play weaker teams..If you want a winning team,play the best...JMO

" GO WILDCAT'S"

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="727481" timestamp="1260454260"]
Kirbyville has always played 3A teams (at least a couple) in non district...I think the better the competition you play the more you learn and become a better & tougher team for district..This year Kville played ( 5) 3A schools in non district games...I'd much rather have a team that's ready for district and a loss or two,than a team who has played weaker teams,and gets killed in district play..It don't count till you get to district anyway..If you want a team with a lot of wins play weaker teams..If you want a winning team,play the best...JMO

" GO WILDCAT'S"
[/quote]

I totally agree! As we have seen this year, even though we had 2 losses, it made our team stronger in the long run.

Guest GCMPats
Baytown's Ross Shaw Sterling!

GCCISD had an agreement with all three schools that REL and RSS could not schedule GCM in the first year.

This year, GCM has played both schools in Boy's Basketball (2-0 for the Goose). GCM will also play both in soccer and hopefully at the Gary Herrington baseball tournament.

Now, for some reason, they will not schedule us in the King of Texas Sports. What gives Rangers? (REL will be a district game next year.) Could help settle some arguments in the Dirty Bay.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="727471" timestamp="1260452724"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=63605.msg727458#msg727458 date=1260450791]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=63605.msg727450#msg727450 date=1260448912]
        PAM

[/quote]
[/quote]
I don't see WB playing 3-4A TEAMS in the "NON-district" schedule...I dislike that we play 2....I say the Beaumont Bowl trophy be awarded to the TEAM that goes further in the play offs and let WB slide in a SLC or WESTLAKE....IMO
[/quote]
I would have to agree with you there...The Beaumont bowl thing has WB tied up. They really do need to play a Woodlands, Katy, Elsik, type opponent in their extra game.

As far as PNG, I would love to play one of these schools (FWood, Dayton or Dawson). PAM would be great for both schools. And having WOS back on the schedule is always a plus!

Jor the Jags... I would like a 23-4A team every year.  From there Lufkin, G-Ball (we have a tradition of playing them, they won't be down forever), Hightowr, Yates, Dayton, or maybe a High Profile Central Texas team. 

For the Bruins, eventhoug Ilike the tradition, I think they should drop the BMT Bowl thing.  Maybe play one or the other every year.  They should go after Stevenville, Klien, Spring, a Fort Bend school,, Midland, or Desoto.

In order to counteract the negative talk about Evadale's weak distirct the Rebels will schedule the most difficult schedule in school history
They will play Southlake Carrol, Odessa Permian and the University of Texas all on the raod next fall.

Just kidding!

But I believe we might schedule a couple of area 2A's. Persoanlly I would like to see us play Buna and Woodville, but all of that will be determined on realingment day as the coaches get in the room and make district schedules and then work the rest of the schedule out.
If realignment drops us to a 5 team district then instead 3 non district games there will be six so who knows how the schedule will come out.

Even if HD, WH and Colmesneil end up in a D1 district I could still see Evadale playing at least two of the three in non district action.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="727647" timestamp="1260476747"]
In order to counteract the negative talk about Evadale's weak distirct the Rebels will schedule the most difficult schedule in school history
They will play Southlake Carrol, Odessa Permian and the University of Texas all on the raod next fall.

[/quote]

:D

Guest pirates
[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="727481" timestamp="1260454260"]

" GO WILDCAT'S"
[/quote]

Kirbyville is one of those teams that could beat anyone.  I can promise you that a 4a or even some 5a teams would not ever schedule them.  The "poop" would hit the fan if they was to beat a prominent 4a or 5a team.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rykerx144" post="727975" timestamp="1260529952"]
Kirbyville and Daingerfield in week zero!!
[/quote]

I'd love to see that one...I'd walk to daingerfield to see it.... ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="727508" timestamp="1260458020"]
I say Put Lufkin back on the schedule.  Also, make it a way for us to play Brook at the last game of the season, since we seem to peak late.  I say, Keep Memorial and Drop Galveston ball and Schedule either Dayton or WO-S! 
[/quote]
Don't forget, we peeked late too....c'mon, you don't want to make an excuse.

[quote name="Pirates" post="727972" timestamp="1260529593"]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=63605.msg727481#msg727481 date=1260454260]

" GO WILDCAT'S"
[/quote]

Kirbyville is one of those teams that could beat anyone. [b] I can promise you that a 4a or even some 5a teams would not ever schedule them.[/b]  The "poop" would hit the fan if they was to beat a prominent 4a or 5a team.
[/quote]
Can you give me a real reason why a 5A team would want to schedule a 2A team....so, you're saying Kville would be better on WB's schedule than.....Katy? Westfield? Ike?....hmmm...ok.. ???

[quote name="SgtRey" post="727993" timestamp="1260537591"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=63605.msg727508#msg727508 date=1260458020]
I say Put Lufkin back on the schedule.  Also, make it a way for us to play Brook at the last game of the season, since we seem to peak late.  I say, Keep Memorial and Drop Galveston ball and Schedule either Dayton or WO-S! 
[/quote]
Don't forget, we peeked late too....c'mon, you don't want to make an excuse.
[/quote]Come on, Rey.  You know I never make excuses.  I was saying that because Central used to play Brook at the last game of the season all the time, and I would love to see that again.  You trying to get me riled up with the Central/Brook thing!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder