*Dayton vs. Brenham Playoff Updates.......Brenham Advances!!!*

First let me say Congrats Brenham go get em next week bring back the state title to region 3. We will see ya next year. Secondly let me say congrats on a great year Dayton. You left it all on the field.
    To the group of young men that were there for the semifinals loss to Lake Travis and last years State appearance thank you,  you and the past Broncos have shown the way for our up coming groups. Through your hard work, dedication and never quit attitudes you have shown the underclassmen how it is done.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Wacker Field @ Bobcat Stadium

Parking lots will open 3 hours prior to kick-off. Parking is available for all fans in lots AZ-9 & AZ-10E for $3. Additional parking is also available in the Bobcat Village parking lot directly across from Bobcat Stadium. Parking for Bobcat Athletic Foundation members is located in AZ-10W

From I-35 North (Austin)
Take I-35 South toward San Marcos, TX. Exit Aquarena Springs Drive (Exit 206) and take right. Bobcat Stadium will on your left about 1/2 of a mile down.

From I-35 South (San Antonio)
Take I-35 North toward San Marcos, TX. Exit Aquarena Springs Drive (Exit 206) and take left. Bobcat Stadium will on your left about 1/2 of a mile down.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=30

[quote name="injunfan21" post="724781" timestamp="1260074688"]
As i said....If it was Round 2..Dayton would be out...
[/quote]

At least y'all got a head start on your basketball practice. I not only think Dayton would have destroyed yall, I also think Waller would have beatin yall as well. Png was over ranked this year and everyone knows it. A second round exit is not so bad so get over it.

Anyway, Dayton had a good year and will only get better over the next few years. The cubs played a heck of a game, but I don't think either of these teams are good enough to win state. I will be pulling for the cubs though. Thanks broncos for a heck of a season.

Congrads to Brenham got the break on the qb fumble w/4 min.left.Broncos only a first down or so from running out the clock but as stated many times Dayton would go as far as the defense would take em.Second half defense just could not stop them.Go Cubs win it all.Overall a great season again guys.Still exceeded expectations.

[i]I am so proud of the Dayton Broncos!!!  You made Dayton proud and you don't have any reason to hang your heads.  Thanks for a great season we enjoyed every second of the ride with you. :) :)[/i]
Good luck Cubs, win it all for Region 3.

[quote name="DaBears" post="724774" timestamp="1260074268"]
I was very impressed with the speed at which the Dayton fans were able to leave when Brenham took the lead. They werent as fast as PNG fans, but they were fast none the less.
[/quote]

That post shows what an idiot you are.  If you were actually at the PNG game, you would have seen the fans stay until the very end, simply because it came down to the next to the last play.  You would have also seen the fans hang around to congratulate the Indians afterwards. Not many people were in hurry to leave.  But, being the hater that you obviously are, you thought you'd be cute and just throw out a PNG comment, thus showing your own ignorance.    

[quote name="injunfan21" post="724781" timestamp="1260074688"]
As i said....If it was Round 2..Dayton would be out...
[/quote]

IF Dayton would have been in the GT this year PNG wouldn't have been undefeated.    Nice win Cubs and take it to the house.  Shouldn't have any problems with Tivy.  Again congrats.

Great game tonight Broncos and fans. Thanks for coming on and showing some class after such a hard to take loss. You guys have a great team and I have to agree with all of you on one thing. Dayton is a very well coached football team. They execute what they do well and play hard on every play. Two very evenly matched teams on that field tonight, best of luck next year. Not promising anything on delivering that championship back to Region 3, but I guarantee you the effort will be there. GO CUBS!!!

[quote name="DaBears" post="724798" timestamp="1260075466"]
Brenham is now the defending class 4a region 3 defending champ in men's soccer, baseball, and volleyball, and just won the championship in football. Not bad I would say.
[/quote]

Very true...we need to work on basketball I guess.  ;)

Couple of things I want to share with the fine young men that played this game tonight......first off, congratulations are in order to Brenham for doing a fine job of making the necessary adjustments to execute very well in the second half and get the job done!!!  Your adjustments and our mistakes resulted in the better team winning tonight. I wish you nothing but the best- you have a great team and the ability to go all the way!

To the Broncos: although I wish the outcome was different, there are some valuable and important lessons to be learned from it all! I want you to know you have nothing to be ashamed of first and foremost...you had a great year and it was a fun and exciting ride!!! I am so proud of this entire team for your accomplishments and you are all stars/ winners in my eyes. The team effort you put forth to overcome the odds you faced this season is one for the record books for sure. You are great role models and many, many people are very proud of you.  I pray you each have found/ find meaning in the whole experience with this team (win or loss)- there are valuable lessons to be learned with both outcomes! I wish all the seniors nothing but the best in the future and please know that I, and many others, feel honored to have witnessed the effort you put forth......it was very respectful and full of heart......we can't ask for more than that.  Now take this experience and go follow your dreams.  To the players that will be returning next year or the seniors who will continue to play at the next level, build upon what you have learned this year and never, never stop believing in yourself!!! Thank you for an outstanding and exciting year of football!!!
A dedicated fan who loves and stands by the Broncos no matter the outcome!!!

I was very impressed with the speed at which the Dayton fans were able to leave when Brenham took the lead. They werent as fast as PNG fans, but they were fast none the less.
[/quote]

Still got PNG on the brain, you know you shoudn't have won that game huh..........

[quote name="friogal" post="724886" timestamp="1260084886"]
Couple of things I want to share with the fine young men that played this game tonight......first off, congratulations are in order to Brenham for doing a fine job of making the necessary adjustments to execute very well in the second half and get the job done!!!  Your adjustments and our mistakes resulted in the better team winning tonight. I wish you nothing but the best- you have a great team and the ability to go all the way!

To the Broncos: although I wish the outcome was different, there are some valuable and important lessons to be learned from it all! I want you to know you have nothing to be ashamed of first and foremost...you had a great year and it was a fun and exciting ride!!! I am so proud of this entire team for your accomplishments and you are all stars/ winners in my eyes. The team effort you put forth to overcome the odds you faced this season is one for the record books for sure. You are great role models and many, many people are very proud of you.  I pray you each have found/ find meaning in the whole experience with this team (win or loss)- there are valuable lessons to be learned with both outcomes! I wish all the seniors nothing but the best in the future and please know that I, and many others, feel honored to have witnessed the effort you put forth......it was very respectful and full of heart......we can't ask for more than that.  Now take this experience and go follow your dreams.  To the players that will be returning next year or the seniors who will continue to play at the next level, build upon what you have learned this year and never, never stop believing in yourself!!! Thank you for an outstanding and exciting year of football!!!
[/quote]darn good post, i do wish all these kids and especially the seniors the best of luck through the years.  always proud of my broncos.

Fitting we should lose on a fumble. That was our nemesis all year. Broncos had the game wrapped up but it wasn't meant to be. That's the way that pigskin bounces I guess.

Congrats to Brenham on a great come from behind win. Good luck the rest of the way. As I've said before, Brenham's team and fans are a class act. Great game played hard by both sides.

Way to go Broncos!!! Another great season. Y'all definitely left in on the field last night. I'm proud to be a Dayton Bronco fan! See ya next year.

Just curious....
Tony Hill playing nose gaurd first half...
Brenham was shut down...
In the second half, Tony wasn't playing nose gaurd, but was still playing center.
Momentum turned, Brenham scored last four times they had the ball...

Great job by the kids from Dayton.
Just came up one TD short, got to give Brenham lots of credit, they made the plays at the end to come from behind.

Loads of sophomores playing for the Broncos, plus the best freshman class east of Houston, next year Broncos will reload and be right back playing for the Region III championship.

[/quote]

[color=purple][size=10pt][b]Yet both teams were still left with more fans than Brenham originally brought to the game....  keep hating..... we will keep supporting our teams!

Congratulations both PN-G and Dayton an great seasons![/[/b]

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="724950" timestamp="1260110396"]
Just curious....
Tony Hill playing nose gaurd first half...
Brenham was shut down...
In the second half, Tony wasn't playing nose gaurd, but was still playing center.
Momentum turned, Brenham scored last four times they had the ball...

Great job by the kids from Dayton.
Just came up one TD short, got to give Brenham lots of credit, they made the plays at the end to come from behind.

Loads of sophomores playing for the Broncos, plus the best freshman class east of Houston, next year Broncos will reload and be right back playing for the Region III championship.
[/quote]

Good season Dayton - looks like FW and Dayton will be playing baskeball the same time this year! Wish we each could have gone on to the next round - Next year!!

[quote author=friogal link=topic=63402.msg724886#msg724886 date=1260084886]

Awesome post.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn