Kirbyville & Newton left!

Southeast Texas has Kirbyville & Newton left in the playoffs. Kirbyville has already overachieved (they were the underdog) with the win against Arp and now it is Newton's turn against Daingerfield. Rankings do not guarantee wins. There are always unexpected results in the march to the state title. There has to be plenty of red and black along with purple and white in the golden triangle. Come show your colors at this week's games. Get behind these two programs the rest of the way and enjoy the remainder of the '09 season in high school football! There are four teams left in D1 and eight teams left in D2. That's twelve teams total in 2A and 2 of those are from District 22. Not bad. Go Wildcats and go Eagles!

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="720711" timestamp="1259585051"]
Southeast Texas has Kirbyville & Newton left in the playoffs. Kirbyville has already overachieved (they were the underdog) with the win against Arp and now it is Newton's turn against Daingerfield. Rankings do not guarantee wins. There are always unexpected results in the march to the state title. There has to be plenty of red and black along with purple and white in the golden triangle. Come show your colors at this week's games. Get behind these two programs the rest of the way and enjoy the remainder of the '09 season in high school football! There are four teams left in D1 and eight teams left in D2. That's twelve teams total in 2A and 2 of those are from District 22. Not bad. Go Wildcats and go Eagles!
[/quote]

ChampionEagles, I couldn't agree with you more..Two excellent programs only a few miles apart,both teams deep in the play-offs reprensenting SE Texas in The State 2A football play-offs..Think What it would mean for these Two Teams to bring back Both STATE trophies to small SE Texas towns but; they both need your help and most of all your support...It could be done..!!!

"GO WILDCATS & EAGLES"

Shouldn't matter if your school has red and black or purple and white, wear your colors and still support Kville and Newton. I remember the 1977 4A championship game, PNG and Plano, Texas Stadium, all time attendance record ... lots of Nederland Black and Gold, TJ Marroon and Gold, and other school colors in the stands ... all supporting PNG in that game ... and signs ... so and so (town or school) backs the indians, etc... every person that has the opportunity to attend at least one of these games should ... go ahead and wear your colors whatever they are and support Kirbyville and Newton as they do SETX proud. ...

I agree with all these post, Football Fans all over Sotheast Texas should at least try to attend one of these games this weekend, If you can't tune in to 102.7 your place for Eagle and Wildcat football =. GO EAGLES GO WILDCATS LETS BRING HOME TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!

The day of the Kirbyville Newton Game they started parking cars at 10am (not a joke) and there were over 5000 tickets sold. Not a bad fan base for two little Texas towns. Both of these teams have fans that bleed school colors. Good luck Newton. Should someone organize a East Texas Bowl for New Years Day?   

[quote name="Kville1968" post="721164" timestamp="1259630892"]
The day of the Kirbyville Newton Game they started parking cars at 10am (not a joke) and there were over 5000 tickets sold. Not a bad fan base for two little Texas towns. Both of these teams have fans that bleed school colors. Good luck Newton. Should someone organize a East Texas Bowl for New Years Day?   
[/quote]
You got my vote for it!!!

[quote name="Kville99" post="721168" timestamp="1259631236"]
[quote author=Kville1968 link=topic=63148.msg721164#msg721164 date=1259630892]
[/quote]
[/quote]
You got my vote too, but it would have to be a very big venue.  Good idea though, I'm in.

[quote name="nuff said" post="721176" timestamp="1259632325"]
[quote author=Kville99 link=topic=63148.msg721168#msg721168 date=1259631236]
[quote author=Kville1968 link=topic=63148.msg721164#msg721164 date=1259630892]
[/quote]
[/quote]
You got my vote too, but it would have to be a very big venue.  Good idea though, I'm in.
[/quote]

GREAT IDEA!!! Someone make it happen!!! lol

[quote name="rykerx144" post="721291" timestamp="1259641277"]
didnt they aready play a few weeks ago?
[/quote]

You're right..they did play and God knows we couldn't take another week of high school football...that would be terrible wouldn't it?...NOT..ha...Good luck to both teams. Both have come a long way and both still have hurdles to overcome (I think Newton's is a tad harder) but it would be great to see two trophies make the long ride back to SE Texas. Go Kats and Go Eagles!!!

By the way..I saw the following video this week of an Eagle taking down an animal it SHOULDN'T be able to take down...Thought I'd post it for all of those who think Tigers are too much for a little ole' Eagle to handle. Check it out! Pretty Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfoXJAooWhs

[quote name="rykerx144" post="721291" timestamp="1259641277"]
[/quote]Yep....they sure did, but I'd Pay To See A Rematch.....Won't You? Go Luck to 22-2A Teams this Weekend. Have A Safe Roadtrip, Supporting Both Teams. GO CATS........GO EAGLES. Two Titles Will Make For A Merry Christmas in Deep East Texas.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Newtonjb" post="722151" timestamp="1259730662"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=63148.msg721291#msg721291 date=1259641277]
[/quote]Yep....they sure did, but I'd Pay To See A Rematch.....Won't You? Go Luck to 22-2A Teams this Weekend. Have A Safe Roadtrip, Supporting Both Teams. GO CATS........GO EAGLES. Two Titles Will Make For A Merry Christmas in Deep East Texas.
[/quote]

im all for it!  Theres never too much of watching Kville beat up on Newton!  LOL  JK JB

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder