Who has the Best Basketball Team in Hardin County???

swagg

Turner is great off the press, not as good in half court set, even centrals coach was yelling that he cant shoot.  Then you have the 2 kids in the corner who stay there the entire game, do not move from their spot.  Ricossa is ok but not very strong, got some easy baskets last night but that was about it.  IF and I say if you can get by Turner on the press it is pretty easy after that.  Turner is going to be able to get his points off defensive transition but the others still can't create their own shot which is going to make it tough if Turner has off night.  Was curious as to why the Smith kid did not play until 2 minutes to go in the game.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="719428" timestamp="1259433770"]
Turner is great off the press, not as good in half court set, even centrals coach was yelling that he cant shoot.  Then you have the 2 kids in the corner who stay there the entire game, do not move from their spot.  Ricossa is ok but not very strong, got some easy baskets last night but that was about it.  IF and I say if you can get by Turner on the press it is pretty easy after that.  Turner is going to be able to get his points off defensive transition but the others still can't create their own shot which is going to make it tough if Turner has off night.  Was curious as to why the Smith kid did not play until 2 minutes to go in the game.
[/quote]

Haha I heard the coach screaming that at 1 point

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="719427" timestamp="1259433739"]
[quote author=Cowboy4jc link=topic=63063.msg719344#msg719344 date=1259425575]
[quote author=swagg link=topic=63063.msg719335#msg719335 date=1259424900]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=63063.msg719328#msg719328 date=1259424056]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63063.msg719325#msg719325 date=1259423909]
The HJ game was not Devin's first game. He played in the Lumberton game earlier in the week. I know, I was there.
[/quote]

Haha so your telling us he didn't miss any games at all?
[/quote]
what im saying is Silsbee posters are sayn that certain football players arent ready yet. [b]Im just making a case for Kountze losing to H-J.[/b]
Silsbee is 10 deep. all 10 didnt play football. i think 1 of their top 5 players did..#4. thats all. 
[/quote]
[b]But five of HJ's players came from football. Two of which were starters.[/b] One which was Jacoby Turner who you claim is all HJ has. So I dont think you can use that excuse,a question for you. Are you a student at Kountze or are you an adult?
[/quote]

Difference is, Silsbee played 2 weeks more of football than HJ. ;)
[/quote]
Yes sir. That was directed at Red2Rainbow Swagg about how Kountze lost due to a football player not being in basketball shape.

This question will have a different answer everytime you ask it.High school basketball is all about match ups and momentum.Plain and simple regardless of the reasons head to head competion tells you who is the best and right now that would be HJ.They beat Kountze who beat Silsbee.I think the Tigers have the most talent top to bottom but I wouldn't bet against Todd and his staff if they were coaching Bill's school of the blind.There is a reason he has those kids in the corner and FYI Ricossa is the most overlooked player in SETX.The sky would be the limit for some players in this area if they had his heart.All 3 of these clubs are going to be very good going in to December.

I think all teams are going to be better by district just saying that I think you saw the formula for beating HJ last night.  Turner got his points off the press but when it got to half court set the others were very controlled as they have very difficult time creating their own shots.  I agree there is a good reson for them to be in the corner and when they were wide open they can knock down the shots, but otherwise they were completely shut down as they have to rush shots and are not as good of shooters.  Still don't agree on Ricossa, he's tall but they were ablt to muscle him out in the 2-3, wasnt until they went to the 1-2-2 and opened up middle that he was able to do anything.  But as you said, I am sure they will get better.

The funny thing about most of these comments is Kountze talking alot of trash about a team (HJ) that not only beat them but beat them in Kountze on their own court, making only 25% of their free throws that night and did it with a "one man" team. And to top it off, everybody else on the team is crap!! Come on guys. Did getting your butts whipped effect you that bad. Just let it go. There is always tomorrow. Don't live bitter in the past. Learn from the past and move on. Bottom line, you don't play in the same district as HJ or Silsbee. Neither team stands between you and a state title. So why is it so important to you to here people say you are better than them. You need to worry about the next "one man" team you face in 2A and try to figure out how to stop that "one man" when your playoff life depends on it! Because I can guarantee you "he" is coming!!!!

[quote name="shackbully" post="719818" timestamp="1259455344"]
The funny thing about most of these comments is Kountze talking alot of trash about a team (HJ) that not only beat them but beat them in Kountze on their own court, making only 25% of their free throws that night and did it with a "one man" team. And to top it off, everybody else on the team is crap!! Come on guys. Did getting your butts whipped effect you that bad. Just let it go. There is always tomorrow. Don't live bitter in the past. Learn from the past and move on. Bottom line, you don't play in the same district as HJ or Silsbee. Neither team stands between you and a state title. So why is it so important to you to here people say you are better than them. You need to worry about the next "one man" team you face in 2A and try to figure out how to stop that "one man" when your playoff life depends on it! Because I can guarantee you "he" is coming!!!!
[/quote]
Sir. Im sure for most of Kountze's fans have put that game behind them. There's only one man that keeps bringing it up. Im curious as to if he's going to trash talk every single team that beats them this year.

I am a former Kountze player and i know that Silsbee has the Best team in Hardin county... But that does not mean that they can't be beat because they did... its Silsbee Kountze and then HJ.... Ktz goes over HJ because they have more offensive threats HJ will have to rely on beating teams on the Defensive end this year.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="719882" timestamp="1259459344"]
I am a former Kountze player and i know that Silsbee has the Best team in Hardin county... But that does not mean that they can't be beat because they did... its Silsbee Kountze and then HJ.... Ktz goes over HJ because they have more offensive threats HJ will have to rely on beating teams on the Defensive end this year.
[/quote]

O.K. I will agree with you on how the teams may use their talents to win games. So would it be safe to say that HJ's defense is better than Kountze's offense since the one game they played heads up HJ won? And, since that result is indisputable, is it now safe to say that HJ would have to be ranked higher than Kountze, since that seems to be the purpose of this thread. Or is this the one comparison where head to head games don't mean anything (since Kountze lost) and are being completely ignored?

[quote name="shackbully" post="719818" timestamp="1259455344"]
[/quote]

Kountze missed like alot their free throws as well

Ok, this is getting out of hand.......HJ had way more turnovers than kountze, and HJ WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HJ shot 25% from the free-throw line and HJ WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now image if HJ hadn't turned the ball over so much, and they made even 75% of their free throws..........Totally different ballgame, and those of you who say HJ stole this one from Kountze, no, HJ almost lost it by themselves, HJ is the better team here, and they're supposed to be, they're the bigger school...........and dont forget, HJ and silsbee are playing in a weak region!!!!!!  ;)

After seeing both teams play I left the game with no idea how HJ pulled this one off.  Kountze has the best team by far, I don't see how they didn't win by 30.  I realize HJ has Turner but scoring wise not much else.  He must have had alot of steal and easy buckets that night which is his type of game.

Until kountze beats HJ, the Hawks have to be considered the better team.  2nd place teams aren't given the first place trophy because they should have won.  2nd place teams are given the 2nd place place trophy because they got beat.  Enough already.  Turn the page on this silly story.

[quote name="gdickert" post="719989" timestamp="1259464936"]
How much of an impact will JJ have on the Silsbee basketball team once he gets completely healthy?
[/quote]

I think Jeremy will have a significant impact for the Tiger basketball team. His '6"3 athletic body will just add to what is already a very long and athletic team. JJ is a pretty good basketball player in his own right. He can hit the outside shot, attack the basket very well, and defend the perimeter like Lane can with his length. Also, Jeremy adds more speed to an already speedy team.

Jeremy may be a bit rusty and I expect him to be for this first month of the season. But come district time, I really think he will be a scoring force for this team. Just another weapon for the Tigers that look to be pretty loaded already.

Just last week someone said H-J has the best pg#5 and the best big man #50 in the area. I'm sorry to say that outta all the teams that played fri nite I would rate them last. I would take any other schools PG and big man before o take h-j's. They was not the best at their positions Fri nite. I'm just sayn. whoever said that from hj probaly doesn't know basketball or just watch hj games when they play Anauhac or some 1a school.lol just keepn it real!

What about some 2A school???  Like Kountze.  You can make all of the excuses that you want.  you can say they were not ready from football, refs, poor shooting, coaching, missed layups, etc.......Kountze lost to HJ and unless they meet in the HJ tourney this year then HJ has the bragging rights for the entire year!!!

[quote name="swagg" post="720410" timestamp="1259529114"]
Just last week someone said H-J has the best pg#5 and the best big man #50 in the area. I'm sorry to say that outta all the teams that played fri nite I would rate them last. I would take any other schools PG and big man before o take h-j's. They was not the best at their positions Fri nite. I'm just sayn. whoever said that from hj probaly doesn't know basketball or just watch hj games when they play Anauhac or some 1a school.lol just keepn it real!
[/quote]

Wasn't ktz codistrict champs with sombody last year???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder