Is sports played for a good time or to win!!!!

Aiden1

As far as all the talking with EC, man I have been done with that. I[color=red] recall fans from EC saying he likes it from behind when we lost or something like that on previous threads!!! Now that is room for getting banned!!!!![/color] What did I do? [color=navy]Laugh it off and say it was a good one!!!! So If you want to talk about class Eagles2010, you need to really find out the facts with ECs fans threads before you make a judgement on someone because I feel that they disrespected me in that aspect but I am in no way mad about it!!!! [/color] I have not replied on here in Two days. Like it was said what is wrong with trash talking. That is what is done in sports. As long as I am not threatening to kill anyone or anything like that there is no prob. You wasted your time on a topic that was let go a couple of days ago. Why bring it back up? Let them play there game and move on!!!!

Bobby Light
Sophomore

[applaud] [smite]

Stop cheatin girl

Re: EC vs. Woodville Predictions?
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 05:20:40 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Eagles2010 on November 17, 2009, 02:32:40 PM
Alright I'm tired of arguing with these silly bucs. Yall can walk the plank back on to east chambers friday night. but go ahead, keep thinking yall are going to win. That'll just be more disappointment for you guys

What if youre tire of arguing get the heck off of the forum, its what this forum is about. For fans to argue and debate on whos team is better than the other's.  But im sure you wont be on here after friday, cuz once the bucs clip yalls wings, its gonna be kinda embarassing when youre seen hopping all the way back to Woodville.

Do you remember this post Eagles2010? Not bringing up old stuff but you should be embarrased!!!!

Both. You play to win but you only play if it's fun to do so. just my two cents.

I hate to get into this but I just feel the need to respond to the post about "weaker" districts, etc. I don't mean to shortchange 23-2A at all. The kids play their heart out and that's what high school football is all about. But, I don't think it's disrespectful to suggest that 22-2A is a stronger district. I guess it depends on how you suggest it. Actually, aside from Kirbyville and Newton (Woodville this year), I would say 23-2A is just as strong. However, it's because of Kville/Newton that 22-2A gets most folks nod as the tougher district. There's nothing wrong with that. Just as there is nothing wrong with saying the Big 12 is a tougher conference than the Mountain West. It is. But, TCU resides in the Mountain West and could play in any conference in the country. The problem with 23-2A is that they have to play 22-2A at playoff time and, just as it would be for any other 2A district in the state, that's a big hurdle. Now, just when EC gets a win, they have to play Daingerfield. Go figure.
The same applies in 23-A. Nothing against the kids who play there. I attended a 23-A school myself and it was exciting football. But, there is no doubt that 23-A is a less than powerful district right now. It's unfortunate but it's true. Amongst themselves, it's great football and Evadale was dominant this year. But, as we saw in the playoffs, other districts in the state are just far superior (at this point in time). It's not a dig against the kids, the communites, etc. It's just a fact. Hopefully that will change soon and we'll see some 23-A schools advancing in the playoffs. Until then, facts speak louder than words.

Again...just my two cents.

There you go, you have an opinion and that is what this forum is for!!!  Voicing ones opinion so why be the Conservative Republican Eagles2010 and have fun. I feel that our program is down. We need to be more passionate about our program to get better and not just saying well we made it to the second round and better luck next year!!! Our goal should be championships and going deeper in the playoffs. For example, when I was in school, pep rallys were awesome for us as a team. Now they are just boring. So what is wrong with spirit and pride because I know everyone else in SETX has it and will voice their opinions!!!!

[quote name="Aiden1" post="717662" timestamp="1259188781"]
There you go, you have an opinion and that is what this forum is for!!!  Voicing ones opinion so why be the Conservative Republican Eagles2010 and have fun. I feel that our program is down. We need to be more passionate about our program to get better and not just saying well we made it to the second round and better luck next year!!! Our goal should be championships and going deeper in the playoffs. For example, when I was in school, pep rallys were awesome for us as a team. Now they are just boring. So what is wrong with spirit and pride because I know everyone else in SETX has it and will voice their opinions!!!!
[/quote]

Wait a minute! Have to take issue with the "Conservative Republican" bit. I are one myself...ha! But, even us ConRepublicans can have fun to. Nothing wrong with having pride in your team but when you engage in trash talking (even for fun), you have to be open to whatever comes your way or avoid the whole mess. It does make things interesting though. Without the trash talk (as long as its in good taste and doesn't involve attacking the kids or the community itself), it wouldn't be near as much fun.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder