*HJ vs. Kountze Updates...HJ Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Kountze was down by two with 9 sec to go H-J was at the line they miss the first FT Coach Joubert trys to call a timeout but Kountze doesnt have any  Tech was called H-J would get 2 more FT plus still had one... They make 1/3... H-J gets the ball passes it in Brey pretty much rips the HJ players Jersey off NO FOUL?? by the time Kountze gets a foul call there is like 2.6 sec left HJ then makes 1/2 FT's goes up by 3 Kountzes gets ball in and barely misses half court 3 for tie......

Guest stevenash
[quote name="utfan06" post="713751" timestamp="1258776001"]
Kountze was down by two with 9 sec to go H-J was at the line they miss the first FT Coach Joubert trys to call a timeout but Kountze doesnt have any  Tech was called H-J would get 2 more FT plus still had one... They make 1/3... H-J gets the ball passes it in Brey pretty much rips the HJ players Jersey off NO FOUL?? by the time Kountze gets a foul call there is like 2.6 sec left HJ then makes 1/2 FT's goes up by 3 Kountzes gets ball in and barely misses half court 3 for tie......
[/quote]

Pardon me, but the "barely misses the half court three" is not accurate.

Jacoby Turner 37 pts, 12 rebounds, and... 12 steals.  HJ missed 30+ free throws, Gus fouled out in the 3rd Q, Grayson only scored one point, we probably set a world record for turnovers-- and somehow we beat Kountze in Kountze.  Go figure.  Ricossa is the best big man in the area, Jacoby is the best defender in the area, and they both played like it tonight.  Sean Weldon stepped up with a nice little game tonight.  Everyone scrapped.  It wasn't pretty, but it was a W.  Now we Hawks can root for the Lions all the way to Austin.

[quote name="setxslam" post="713999" timestamp="1258779500"]
Jacoby Turner 37 pts, 12 rebounds, and... 12 steals.  [b]HJ missed 30+ free throws,[/b] Gus fouled out in the 3rd Q, Grayson only scored one point, [b]we probably set a world record for turnovers-- and somehow we beat Kountze in Kountze[/b].  Go figure.  Ricossa is the best big man in the area, Jacoby is the best defender in the area, and they both played like it tonight.  Sean Weldon stepped up with a nice little game tonight.  Everyone scrapped.  It wasn't pretty, but it was a W.  Now we Hawks can root for the Lions all the way to Austin.
[/quote]no doubt.

I went to this game strictly as a neutral fan and it was well worth the money.A bench full of good coaches on both sides,as good of officiating crew as we have in SETX and a playoff type atmosphere in the 2nd week(gotta love it).I was also very impressed with the improvement Ricossa has made and Turner was just Turner,great on the defensive side and pushing the ball to the rack.Kountze has nothing to hang their heads about .I still would take Walker if I had to put together a club from scratch as my first choice inside and the Whisenant kid(I believe is his name)is the most overlooked kid on the Kountze squad.He shoots the ball very well and makes great decisions with the ball.HJ will have to shoot free throws better than they did last night to win most of these type ball games.Man its great to have roundball season here.

[quote name="stevenash" post="713892" timestamp="1258777968"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=62726.msg713751#msg713751 date=1258776001]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Umm pardon me the ball went right under the front of the rim?? Is that not close??

Guest stevenash
[quote name="utfan06" post="714886" timestamp="1258852864"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=62726.msg713892#msg713892 date=1258777968]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=62726.msg713751#msg713751 date=1258776001]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Umm pardon me the ball went right under the front of the rim?? Is that not close??
[/quote]  NO, not at that level of competition

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83