Yates 142 Dickinson 80 F

No disrespect at all to yates you guys had a real dynasty in the making but i would like to see this yates team go up against that heritage christian team from a few years ago that scored a 187 points i think that was cleveland heritage christian now what kid of game would that be just a thought.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="710906" timestamp="1258491666"]
When is the time going to come then? This is the same Yates program that beat Oak Hill and St. Patricks two years ago on back to back nights. This is a dynasty in the making.
[/quote]

It happens to everyone eventually. Some teams got payback on SOC last season after their run came to an end. No one stays on top forever.

[quote name="JMT" post="711713" timestamp="1258588250"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=62539.msg710906#msg710906 date=1258491666]
When is the time going to come then? This is the same Yates program that beat Oak Hill and St. Patricks two years ago on back to back nights. This is a dynasty in the making.
[/quote]

It happens to everyone eventually. Some teams got payback on SOC last season after their run came to an end. No one stays on top forever.
[/quote]That's why you run everyone out the gym, cause you never know when it's your time.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="palincoln4life" post="712260" timestamp="1258657443"]
They really dont run up the score, they just play the way they play for all 4 qtrs which is full court non stop press as soon as they get off of the bus. They are extrememly deep so even when they clear the bench they are better than some starting fives.
[/quote]

I think that's the problem. No one should be pressing with that type of lead. It is possible to alter that style of play. You just have to be willing to do it.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712301" timestamp="1258660430"]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=62539.msg712260#msg712260 date=1258657443]
They really dont run up the score, they just play the way they play for all 4 qtrs which is full court non stop press as soon as they get off of the bus. They are extrememly deep so even when they clear the bench they are better than some starting fives.
[/quote]

I think that's the problem. No one should be pressing with that type of lead. It is possible to alter that style of play. You just have to be willing to do it.
[/quote]

I've seen it both ways. I know coaches that will run it up because if the opposing coach could do it to them they would. This is a prevalent theme up here in DISD in football and basketball. Carter's head coach regularly runs it up on teams. It was disgraceful watching them run it up on a North Dallas team that went 0-28 last year. (The game was on MetroSports and Carter pressed the entire game.) He ran it up on us the first meeting and then proceeded to tell several folks that he was going to put a 100 on Madison in the Coca-Cola. Didn't quite work out that way and he lost the rematch 77-75 in the semis when we had everyone, unlike the first meeting.

Our head basketball coach at Madison is from Chicago and he seems to take a different approach. He really doesn't believe in running up the score. Last year he took it easy on Roosevelt in the first meeting. We were up 40 in the 3rd quarter and he let our back-up 5 play point guard the rest of the game (For those that were at The Drum that'd be the kid with the knee high socks who took the half-court shot at the end of regulation in the title game.). Personally I wanted him to run it up since Velt did it to us the year before, but he believes in being decent to teams that are down, even fierce rivals. He took it easy on several district opponents as well. This year against Velt he might be inclined to put it on Velt because their new head coach has been running his mouth to anyone that'll listen about how he's going to beat Madison and "make them play basketball"...

[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=62539.msg712260#msg712260 date=1258657443]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Its just the way Yates play. As soon as you walk in their gym they are going to tell you "Around here we hit our 100." It is a part of there tradition. It is the same when I walk into wheatley's gym. they are going to press and run until the hit 100. Then they MIGHT take off the press. When you put them on your schedule you should know whats coming before hand.

[/quote]

[/quote]In business, do we tell our sales staff to stop or slow down selling products because we are out- selling  our competitors and we don't want to make them look bad?????  I don't think so!! You can't expect your 2nd tier players are as talented to lay down and play down.

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="711308" timestamp="1258534209"]
No disrespect at all to yates you guys had a real dynasty in the making but i would like to see this yates team go up against that heritage christian team from a few years ago that scored a 187 points i think that was cleveland heritage christian now what kid of game would that be just a thought.
[/quote]

I saw that Cleveland Heritage team put on a pregame dunking exhibition before the played Kountze in a warm-up game.  Once the ball was tossed up in the air it was all Kountze!

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="716971" timestamp="1259091239"]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=62539.msg711308#msg711308 date=1258534209]
[/quote]

I saw that Cleveland Heritage team put on a pregame dunking exhibition before the played Kountze in a warm-up game.  Once the ball was tossed up in the air it was all Kountze!
[/quote]I'm not saying Cleveland Heritage does this, but some private schools have 5th year players playing high school games. But maybe Heritage has several teams that play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami