Video link of best running back in Texas. Traylon Shead 1A Cayuga.

He looks amazing..I wonder what he would do against big schools. I have to admit...it looked like he was just outrunning a bunch of 8th graders who didnt seem too concerened about putting a hit on him anyhow. Thats why it is so tough to judge a 1A or 2A or 6man guy. Im sure a back like Harmon or the kid from Central would be All American in 1A.

It was apparent that either he is untouchable, or no one wants to hit him. Most of his runs in that highlight video he is running totally untouched.

Here are a couple of cool videos I ended up watching after I saw that video... You tube can really eat up some time if you let it.... But there are some incredible youth football highlight videos out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bbk8htj6hQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMyP2VlmV8&feature=related

Guest tigersvoice
[quote author=Aiden1 link=topic=62274.msg705878#msg705878 date=1258125703]
He does not run a 4.3 might I add. 4.5 at best looks like to me. Not knocking him but going off what I see. I hope he does well at U.T.

You're able to measure a guy's 40 time within 2 tenths of a second by just "Seeing" him run?  WOW! :o

[quote name="Aiden1" post="706085" timestamp="1258141996"]
That just goes to show you about 1A football which =Pee Wee League. You have to be smarter than that trying to hit a guy bigger than you. U have to go for the legs.
[/quote]Naw, that's just bad technique. I'm sure they teach that even in 1A.

[quote name="baddog" post="705271" timestamp="1258064585"]
He has what I call elusive speed. He doesn't look like he is running that fast, but he is....if that makes sense. I agree that some of those kids looked like they were afraid to hit him, but he gets the job done.

To me, Vince Young didn't appear fast because he took 3 yard strides. He was motoring alright.
[/quote]
i agree entirely with the elusive speed. on the video he doesnt appear to be running that fast, but really is

[quote name="dogs1218" post="706230" timestamp="1258156454"]
Shead looks good and he definatly knows how to play football, but he is playing against 1A football teams. I just dont think he would be nearly as dominant against 4A or 5A teams. Could be wrong though..
[/quote]
Its not really a question if he'd be this dominant.
He wouldnt be
but would he be an elite back at a 4a 5a level is a better question.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="705461" timestamp="1258076742"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=62274.msg705320#msg705320 date=1258069117]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62274.msg705135#msg705135 date=1258053591]
Traylon Shead is hands down the best running back in Texas. This kid is the first 1A skilled player to ever get a full ride scholarship offer to the University of Texas. He stands 6'3 215 lbs and runs a 4.3 forty. Traylon scored 52 TD's last year. Traylon Shead is #2 in career rushing yards for the State of Texas, with 8,988 yards so far. Traylon is behind the great Kenny Hall from Sugarland who rushed for 11,232 yards from 1950-1953. There is talk of him starting for the Longhorns as a freshman next year. He is bad to the bone, and remember he is playing on a 1A team Cayuga. Check out this link, it will blow your mind. He destroys power house teams like Alto and many others all through the video !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuHJF-ZkWE
[/quote]

Well, you got two things right.  He's going to Texas and he's second all time in yards.  There is absolutely zero talk about him starting at Texas as a freshmen by anybody with a brain.  He runs a 4.5 at best.  Only 4 players ran a sub 4.4 at last years NFL combine, and none of them were running backs.  Just to give you a little perspective Jamaal Charles ran a 4.38 at the combine in 08.  All that being said I'm a huge Horns fan and hope he does great at UT. 

And for the record, the best RB in texas is between Herschel Sims, Malcolm Brown, or Aaron Green.
[/quote]Guess your Mack Brown there Mr. know it all !!!  What a guy !!! LOL !!! Some Horns fan !! You don't know crap about my Horns or good talent, stick to tennis pal !!! LOL !!!  ;D ;) :o   
[/quote]

First of all it's you're not your.  Secondly, if you really believe that he's the best back in Texas "hands down" then you might want to watch a little more film.  Since they are "your horns"  you would probably know that Lache was their #1 RB target this year. He's a great player, but the transition from 1A to major college football won't be easy that's why there's no talk of him starting as a freshmen.  And lastly if you believe that he is a legit 4.3, then maybe you should "stick to tennis pal."  Do you really believe he is as fast or faster than Jamaal Charles? 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="706535" timestamp="1258167408"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62274.msg705461#msg705461 date=1258076742]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=62274.msg705320#msg705320 date=1258069117]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62274.msg705135#msg705135 date=1258053591]
Traylon Shead is hands down the best running back in Texas. This kid is the first 1A skilled player to ever get a full ride scholarship offer to the University of Texas. He stands 6'3 215 lbs and runs a 4.3 forty. Traylon scored 52 TD's last year. Traylon Shead is #2 in career rushing yards for the State of Texas, with 8,988 yards so far. Traylon is behind the great Kenny Hall from Sugarland who rushed for 11,232 yards from 1950-1953. There is talk of him starting for the Longhorns as a freshman next year. He is bad to the bone, and remember he is playing on a 1A team Cayuga. Check out this link, it will blow your mind. He destroys power house teams like Alto and many others all through the video !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuHJF-ZkWE
[/quote]

Well, you got two things right.  He's going to Texas and he's second all time in yards.  There is absolutely zero talk about him starting at Texas as a freshmen by anybody with a brain.  He runs a 4.5 at best.  Only 4 players ran a sub 4.4 at last years NFL combine, and none of them were running backs.  Just to give you a little perspective Jamaal Charles ran a 4.38 at the combine in 08.  All that being said I'm a huge Horns fan and hope he does great at UT. 

And for the record, the best RB in texas is between Herschel Sims, Malcolm Brown, or Aaron Green.
[/quote]Guess your Mack Brown there Mr. know it all !!!  What a guy !!! LOL !!! Some Horns fan !! You don't know crap about my Horns or good talent, stick to tennis pal !!! LOL !!!  ;D ;) :o   
[/quote]

First of all it's you're not your.  Secondly, if you really believe that he's the best back in Texas "hands down" then you might want to watch a little more film.  Since they are "your horns"  you would probably know that Lache was their #1 RB target this year. He's a great player, but the transition from 1A to major college football won't be easy that's why there's no talk of him starting as a freshmen.  And lastly if you believe that he is a legit 4.3, then maybe you should "stick to tennis pal."  Do you really believe he is as fast or faster than Jamaal Charles? 
[/quote] yep you are right when he goes to UT  people want avoid him and not try to tackle him. they will try to take his head off. how he responds to not being the bigger kid on the block anymore will tell how he good he will be. they may even switch him to defense. they have enough good backs anyway.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics