3 Sundevils

9Doggies

[IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n226/icearmy/1111091842a.jpg[/img]
Kirby Bellow (Nederland), Jace Statum (Orangefield) and Jacob Felts (Orangefield) have been playing together since they were 12. All 3 signed today with D1. Thanks go out to the Southeast Texas Sundevils and all those in between for making it happen. Congrads to these guys and their High Schools.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="MIF04" post="704724" timestamp="1257998930"]
Also congrats to another Sun Devil:  Trae Davis (Mexia) who committed to Baylor.
[/quote]

That's a HUGE pick up for the Bears. Trae can bring the heat! Congrats.

I am sure that the Sundevils had everything to do with these kids signing with a college team.  its starting to look as though kids don't even need to play in high school. They should just play select ball and listen to the guys that they are going to lessons to.  I wounder what the high school coaches think about all this credit going to the sundevils and hardly none at all to them.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bljnhjs19" post="709066" timestamp="1258324889"]
I am sure that the Sundevils had everything to do with these kids signing with a college team.  its starting to look as though kids don't even need to play in high school. They should just play select ball and listen to the guys that they are going to lessons to.  I wounder what the high school coaches think about all this credit going to the sundevils and hardly none at all to them.
[/quote]

They know how much summer teams help! High school coaches cannot give these guys the amount of exposure the Sundevils can. Period! They can make contacts with college coaches they know, but they just cannot provide that kind of exposure.

Ask a high school coach. He'll begrudgingly tell you the same thing.

Read what you want the way you want, but as i said thanks go out to the Southeast Texas Sundevils and all those in between for making it happen. Congrads to these guys and their High Schools. Sorry for the confusion. ??? The picture by the way was taken at a popular Mexican Restaurant, the other wall was orange. The Aggie (Jace) was having none of the orange wall.

Most high school coaches welcome the exposure, somewhat takes the pressure off them so they can concentrate on those kids that are not Div 1 but need a boost.

I hate the scouts don't go to high school games anymore.
When they use to come around to see that MLB prospect or Div 1 recruit, they always found that diamond in the rough playing along with him or against him at the game.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="709586" timestamp="1258380568"]
Most high school coaches welcome the exposure, somewhat takes the pressure off them so they can concentrate on those kids that are not Div 1 but need a boost.

I hate the scouts don't go to high school games anymore.
When they use to come around to see that MLB prospect or Div 1 recruit, they always found that diamond in the rough playing along with him or against him at the game.

[/quote]

If you are D1 material, they will show up.......thicker than thieves.
All using a radar gun of their own...
You could've been contaminated w/ radiation at BH in '07 & '08.  ;)
I'm a baseball guy, so a little radar gun radiation never mattered to me.  ;)
I do agree 100% w/ your first statement.

[/quote]

If you look at the picture, the caption says: "Kirby Bellow (Nederland), Jace Statum (Orangefield), and Jacob Felts (Orangefield)."  Had they all played for the same high school, it would have been labeled as "3 Bulldogs" or "3 Bobcats."  But since they don't play at the same high school, and they play on the same Select team, the picture was entitled "3 Sundevils." Why make it more than it is?

[b]I am sure that the Sundevils had everything to do with these kids signing with a college team. [/b]  its starting to look as though kids don't even need to play in high school. They should just play select ball and listen to the guys that they are going to lessons to.  I wounder what the high school coaches think about all this credit going to the sundevils and hardly none at all to them.
[/quote]

I can promise you that the SunDevils had the most to do with it.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="712326" timestamp="1258662179"]
[quote author=bljnhjs19 link=topic=62249.msg709066#msg709066 date=1258324889]
[b]I am sure that the Sundevils had everything to do with these kids signing with a college team. [/b]  its starting to look as though kids don't even need to play in high school. They should just play select ball and listen to the guys that they are going to lessons to.  I wounder what the high school coaches think about all this credit going to the sundevils and hardly none at all to them.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Let's see. I'm a scout. I have to choose between going to Orangefield, Texas to watch OF play BFE. OR I can go to Peoria, Arizona or East Cobb, Georgia to see the SETEX Sundevils play any number of teams from around the US, with multiple top-of-the-line players in a 5 day period. Hummm. Tough choice. ;)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712342" timestamp="1258662929"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=62249.msg712326#msg712326 date=1258662179]
[quote author=bljnhjs19 link=topic=62249.msg709066#msg709066 date=1258324889]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Let's see. I'm a scout. I have to choose between going to Orangefield, Texas to watch OF play BFE. OR I can go to Peoria, Arizona or East Cobb, Georgia to see the SETEX Sundevils play any number of teams from around the US, with multiple top-of-the-line players in a 5 day period. Hummm. Tough choice. ;)
[/quote]

and there ya have it.  ;D

[quote name="XDOG" post="712379" timestamp="1258666915"]
I really don't know that's why I'm askin. I'm not tryin to be ugly about it
[/quote]

I'm not sure either. They might be the only ones that have signed during the early signing period..others will sign in the spring.
Just a guess. Maybe the only true SE Texas kids that signed in the early period so far.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="XDOG" post="712376" timestamp="1258666810"]
Surely that's not the only Sundevil kids who got scholarships right. Is that the only seniors they have on the team.
[/quote]

I believe that [b]every member [/b] of the 18U Sundevil roster from this summer have signed or are expected to sign with a college or university. There are several who will also have to consider their options following th MLB Draft.

It is an impressive list. If I am able, I will compile that list later.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712483" timestamp="1258677128"]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=62249.msg712376#msg712376 date=1258666810]
Surely that's not the only Sundevil kids who got scholarships right. Is that the only seniors they have on the team.
[/quote]

I believe that [b]every member [/b] of the 18U Sundevil roster from this summer have signed or are expected to sign with a college or university. There are several who will also have to consider their options following th MLB Draft.

It is an impressive list. If I am able, I will compile that list later.
[/quote]
WOW!  That is exceptional!

[quote name="XDOG" post="712376" timestamp="1258666810"]
[/quote] It was the only ones eating at that Mexican Restaurant. End of story. Before all is said and done the [b]2010 Area Baseball Class[/b] will be the biggest signing class we have seen. Maybe MIF can put something up on the signings of Sundevils and maybe Fackler with GTB could post theirs. It would be nice to see where everybody is going.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder