Bridge City's Matt Hicks Signs With.......

[b]BC's Hicks signs with U of L-Lafayette  [/b]
http://therecordlive.com/article/Sports_Outdoors/Local_Sports/BCs_Hicks_signs_with_LSULafayette/54560

Matt has worked very hard for this achievement.  His respect and dedication to the sport has consumed every part of his life.  I was afraid he would not see this day after breaking his leg in 2004.  Few people know he spent time in the hospital in 2001, quarantined with meningitis.  He doesn't let anything stand in the way of his dream.

One thing not mentioned in these articles is the fact that he is in the top 5% of his senior class. With a GPA well over 3.5, he will receive "Academic Aid" which waives all out of state tuition.  Matt was awarded a "[i]full-ride[/i]" scholarship, not very common in baseball from what I understand.  

I'd like to personally thank all of you that have supported Matty and enjoyed watching him play for the past 12 years.

Matt's very proud mom

Guest VBC1522
Congrats to Matt. I've heard he is a very kind and respectful young man. That is much more important than his tremendous baseball skills. The kid can play. I wish him the best and I hope to see him playing in the big leagues one day. If that's you dream, never give up!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Orangeboy
[quote name="Bucof2010" post="737925" timestamp="1262561469"]
I dont follow Baseball but this kid must be a beast from everything I read on here about him. Congrats
[/quote]

You should make it a point to go see him this year, I promise you'll be impressed.

[quote name="CircleChange" post="738129" timestamp="1262580112"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=62243.msg737925#msg737925 date=1262561469]
I dont follow Baseball but this kid must be a beast from everything I read on here about him. Congrats
[/quote]

You should make it a point to go see him this year, I promise you'll be impressed.
[/quote]

Might just do that

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="738249" timestamp="1262630099"]
[quote author=CircleChange link=topic=62243.msg738129#msg738129 date=1262580112]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=62243.msg737925#msg737925 date=1262561469]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Might just do that
[/quote]

Check out Hicks and Bellow from Nederland ( signed w/ the Horns). Two very solid leftys in SETexas.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="738323" timestamp="1262638723"]
[quote author=Dog4Life link=topic=62243.msg738291#msg738291 date=1262634822]
One solid lefty, one solid righty......
[/quote]

Oops my bad...I was thinking of Hester @ Vidor.
Three very solid pitchers representing SeTexas.
[/quote]

True...........

Guest GCMPats
If Hester is back to form, Vidor will have a #1 starter that can match up with anyone in the area.

I have not seen Hicks pitch, but he sounds like a double dog stud.

Congrats!

[quote name="Critter" post="739250" timestamp="1262781031"]
[b]NO doubt[/b] Hicks, Hester, and Bellow are the top Three pitchers in the area [b]by far[/b]......
[/quote]

I agree, but I wouldn't say by far with no doubt.  Kane Benoit(PN-G & Lamar), Shane Waddell(LC-M), Logan Johnson(HF) will all pitch in college. That's not including Jace Statum(OF) and Reggie(WB) that can both get it done on the mound, but will most likely play outfield in college. This area is blessed with a lot of talent on the mound this year,  it should be a great year to be a baseball fan.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa